Breath smells like poop/feces Any advice / Help would be great?
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 2:54 am
Hey Everyone,
I was first made aware of bad breath about a year ago but has maybe been bad for years who knows?! Have had problems with one side of my nose being occasionally blocked, and mucus in my throat and out my nose for over a decade now.
GP(never been seen, only online form with my symptom's) reckons I have chronic Rhinosinusitis and gave me Clarithromycin (for 7 days) which helped my breath to start with but came back rapidly and dymista nasal spray. Second antibiotic was doxycycline (for 7 days) which kept my breath good till around 4 5 days after stopping then came back.
Went an seen a ENT who found thick mucus in my left nostril and inflammation and maybe a small polyp and gave me betamethasone nasal drops. She thought I only had chronic rhino and not chronic Rhinosinusitis.
I continue to have white mucus at the back of my throat that smells like poop (put it on my arm and smell it). After eating food, mucus in my throat and nose get worse for a while. I am doing nasal rinses which bring up white mucus if I blow my nose while rinsing but doesn't seem to help with my breath.
I'm really struggling to socialise due to my breath and no matter how much I clean my teeth, floss and brush and scrape my tongue it doesn't seem to help (maybe for a few hours after it does). Also been taking probiotics for about 2 weeks now.I am desperate to get to the root cause of this. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
S
I was first made aware of bad breath about a year ago but has maybe been bad for years who knows?! Have had problems with one side of my nose being occasionally blocked, and mucus in my throat and out my nose for over a decade now.
GP(never been seen, only online form with my symptom's) reckons I have chronic Rhinosinusitis and gave me Clarithromycin (for 7 days) which helped my breath to start with but came back rapidly and dymista nasal spray. Second antibiotic was doxycycline (for 7 days) which kept my breath good till around 4 5 days after stopping then came back.
Went an seen a ENT who found thick mucus in my left nostril and inflammation and maybe a small polyp and gave me betamethasone nasal drops. She thought I only had chronic rhino and not chronic Rhinosinusitis.
I continue to have white mucus at the back of my throat that smells like poop (put it on my arm and smell it). After eating food, mucus in my throat and nose get worse for a while. I am doing nasal rinses which bring up white mucus if I blow my nose while rinsing but doesn't seem to help with my breath.
I'm really struggling to socialise due to my breath and no matter how much I clean my teeth, floss and brush and scrape my tongue it doesn't seem to help (maybe for a few hours after it does). Also been taking probiotics for about 2 weeks now.I am desperate to get to the root cause of this. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
S