Page 1 of 1

Struggled With BB for Years Until Discovered a Hidden Rotten Tooth Under a Crown

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2025 11:31 pm
by juliang86
Hi everyone,

I want to share my story in case it helps someone else who's been battling bad breath without knowing the real cause.

For many years, I struggled with halitosis. It wasn’t extreme, but I had to be extremely careful with my oral hygiene. If I wasn’t meticulous with flossing, the smell coming from the floss would be awful. I also went through periods where I felt a very strong and unpleasant odor coming from my mouth, but I had no idea why.

After years of frustration, I finally discovered the root of the problem, literally. I had an old dental crown, and one day it suddenly came loose when I was flossing. Underneath that crown, the tooth was completely decayed. The dentist said it was in such bad shape that it broke apart in pieces when he tried to extract it. He struggled to remove it because it was so decayed.

And here’s the crazy part: once that tooth was removed, my breath improved dramatically. I could go much longer without brushing and still not have any bad smell. Even the floss smelled clean. That infected tooth had been silently contaminating my entire mouth, creating a perfect environment for bacteria and bad breath, especially whenever there was leftover food.

At first, I couldn’t believe that was the cause. But it truly was. After that, I kept going to the dentist, and it turns out I had another crown with a gap underneath where food was getting trapped. Another hidden source of odor.

That’s why I’m writing this post:
If you suffer from unexplained bad breath, please get all your crowns thoroughly checked.
Even if they look fine on the outside, there might be decay, leakage, or trapped food underneath, and it could be the source of your halitosis.

I wish someone had told me this sooner. I hope my experience helps someone out there find relief and a real solution.

Take care and don’t give up, sometimes the cause is hidden, but fixable.

Re: Struggled With BB for Years Until Discovered a Hidden Rotten Tooth Under a Crown

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2025 6:13 pm
by Jimi Stein
juliang86 wrote: Fri Jul 11, 2025 11:31 pm Hi everyone,

I want to share my story in case it helps someone else who's been battling bad breath without knowing the real cause.

For many years, I struggled with halitosis. It wasn’t extreme, but I had to be extremely careful with my oral hygiene. If I wasn’t meticulous with flossing, the smell coming from the floss would be awful. I also went through periods where I felt a very strong and unpleasant odor coming from my mouth, but I had no idea why.

After years of frustration, I finally discovered the root of the problem, literally. I had an old dental crown, and one day it suddenly came loose when I was flossing. Underneath that crown, the tooth was completely decayed. The dentist said it was in such bad shape that it broke apart in pieces when he tried to extract it. He struggled to remove it because it was so decayed.

And here’s the crazy part: once that tooth was removed, my breath improved dramatically. I could go much longer without brushing and still not have any bad smell. Even the floss smelled clean. That infected tooth had been silently contaminating my entire mouth, creating a perfect environment for bacteria and bad breath, especially whenever there was leftover food.

At first, I couldn’t believe that was the cause. But it truly was. After that, I kept going to the dentist, and it turns out I had another crown with a gap underneath where food was getting trapped. Another hidden source of odor.

That’s why I’m writing this post:
If you suffer from unexplained bad breath, please get all your crowns thoroughly checked.
Even if they look fine on the outside, there might be decay, leakage, or trapped food underneath, and it could be the source of your halitosis.

I wish someone had told me this sooner. I hope my experience helps someone out there find relief and a real solution.

Take care and don’t give up, sometimes the cause is hidden, but fixable.
we all know that, it is also mentioned in my badbreath ebook