Page 1 of 1

New to this forum need guidance

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2025 8:42 am
by refusedefeat
Hello everyone, I’m a 18 year old man who’s been struggling with bad breath aslong as I could remember - I’ve had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy since I thought that my bb was coming from my mouth or sinuses but the smell persisted. That lead me to using chat gpt to find a cure for me (got the idea from the bad breath subreddit) after listing my symptoms it told me to use oil of oregano and a biofilm remover, it made my bad breath unbelievably worse. So that confirmed my bb originates from my gut but I don’t know how to fix it, this is seriously deteriorating my life but I refuse to give up!

If anyone can help point me into the direction of a cure or the underlying cause of my bad breath I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT. (Also I apologize for my grammar English isn’t my first language)

My symptoms:
Occasional yellow stool
Loose stool
Floating stool
Undigested pieces of food in stool
Had a recurring perinanal abscess a few years back
Post nasal drip
Occasional reflux and heartburn
Nasty dirty feeling on teeth an tongue even after brushing
Loud gurgling or rumbling in stomach/gut
Oil film in toilet water after high fat meals
Sometimes stool has musty or fishy smelling mucus
Previous non alcoholic fatty liver (not anymore)
Probiotics made me have bubbly diarrhea
NAC made bad breath worse
Oil of oregano with biofilm disruptor made bad breath worse

Re: New to this forum need guidance

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2025 8:46 am
by refusedefeat
Forgot to mention I had a h pylori test and it came back negative, what other gut issues could be causing the bad breath that match my symptoms?

Re: New to this forum need guidance

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2025 7:55 am
by Koba940
Hello !

Did you try a change in diet ?

Avoid process food
Eat More fruits and vegetables ( eat less red meat and fish )
Drink more water ( remove cofee x alcohol)
Lighter meals in the evening to avoid reflux

Also these would help the dental routine if you never tried:

Oil pulling with coconut oil first thing in the morning before brushing https://youtu.be/vsGTm5epSIk?si=gZ3_Kr3aHt0edqCn

Tongue scrapping (to remove the biofilm yourself) https://youtu.be/hlCwIbTqd5M?si=IXc2jqeCvWteQk_S

Flossing after every meal

But with your story I believe This is gut related, a bacteria must be causing this bb issue. Since its not H pylori try to rule out any other source such as SIBO.

Hope that helps, keep fighting!

Re: New to this forum need guidance

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2025 5:31 pm
by Jimi Stein
refusedefeat wrote: Sat Nov 15, 2025 8:42 am Hello everyone, I’m a 18 year old man who’s been struggling with bad breath aslong as I could remember - I’ve had a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy since I thought that my bb was coming from my mouth or sinuses but the smell persisted. That lead me to using chat gpt to find a cure for me (got the idea from the bad breath subreddit) after listing my symptoms it told me to use oil of oregano and a biofilm remover, it made my bad breath unbelievably worse. So that confirmed my bb originates from my gut but I don’t know how to fix it, this is seriously deteriorating my life but I refuse to give up!

If anyone can help point me into the direction of a cure or the underlying cause of my bad breath I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT. (Also I apologize for my grammar English isn’t my first language)

My symptoms:
Occasional yellow stool
Loose stool
Floating stool
Undigested pieces of food in stool
Had a recurring perinanal abscess a few years back
Post nasal drip
Occasional reflux and heartburn
Nasty dirty feeling on teeth an tongue even after brushing
Loud gurgling or rumbling in stomach/gut
Oil film in toilet water after high fat meals
Sometimes stool has musty or fishy smelling mucus
Previous non alcoholic fatty liver (not anymore)
Probiotics made me have bubbly diarrhea
NAC made bad breath worse
Oil of oregano with biofilm disruptor made bad breath worse
You should avoid a fat diet.... recommended is low-fat vegan food... also buy my ebook. There is a product mentioned there made in Switzerland that I personally use and am really satisfied with it.

Re: New to this forum need guidance

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2025 7:11 pm
by refusedefeat
Koba940 wrote: Sun Nov 16, 2025 7:55 am Hello !

Did you try a change in diet ?

Avoid process food
Eat More fruits and vegetables ( eat less red meat and fish )
Drink more water ( remove cofee x alcohol)
Lighter meals in the evening to avoid reflux

Also these would help the dental routine if you never tried:

Oil pulling with coconut oil first thing in the morning before brushing https://youtu.be/vsGTm5epSIk?si=gZ3_Kr3aHt0edqCn

Tongue scrapping (to remove the biofilm yourself) https://youtu.be/hlCwIbTqd5M?si=IXc2jqeCvWteQk_S

Flossing after every meal

But with your story I believe This is gut related, a bacteria must be causing this bb issue. Since its not H pylori try to rule out any other source such as SIBO.

Hope that helps, keep fighting!
Yeah I suspect hydrogen sulfide sibo but even with a strict low fodmap diet I still have bad breath and still have gut issues its somewhat manageable but still affecting me, gonna do more searching through this site to find if anyone with my symptoms got cured im just having a hard time navigating this site.