Page 1 of 1

Tmau 2 or general/other gut problems and overgrowth?

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2025 1:03 pm
by Peaceandlove
Hi yall!
I wanted to ask for help in determining whether I have tmau. Recently I've had some results with countering my bb by taking steps to improve my microbiome. I did this while under the assumption that I had an overgrowth of the wrong bacteria, not that I had tmau2. However, I was reading some forums today and I found out that probiotic foods can help treat tmau2... which means maybe it's possible that's what I have.
To be totally honest, I would much prefer to have general gut health issues than tmau. Tmau just sounds so much more permanent and honestly makes me feel kinda hopeless. So can anyone help me understand the difference? Are there different symptoms?
If it helps, I do have this whitish biofilm which I've noticed probiotics help with. Also since I started eating more prebiotics and trying to kill those bacteria I don't want, my stomach has felt different and my bowel movements have also been different (better). Does this information point to my not having tmau? I'm nervous I'm falling prey to confirmation bias haha.
Any replies would be appreciated <3