Page 1 of 1

Headache-Inducing, Numbing Breath Odor (Not Hygiene Related) - Worsened 10x After Metronidazole

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2025 2:46 pm
by headachefullbreath
My breath smells incredibly headache-inducing, numbing, and causes drowsiness in others. I am extremely meticulous about my oral hygiene and dental health, but regardless of how clean I am, there is a constant, 24/7 background smell coming from my breath that is at a "fainting-level" intensity.

It went undiagnosed for a long time, but 2 months ago, I was finally diagnosed with Giardia Lamblia. We treated the Giardia with Metronidazole (Flagyl), but after using this antibiotic, the numbing smell in my breath became 10 times worse.

I currently cannot stay in closed environments; if I have to, I constantly open windows and stay right next to them. I have been diagnosed with intestinal edema (inflammation) and Leaky Gut (intestinal permeability). I have visited countless doctors, but most were unknowledgeable or dismissive, so I got nowhere.

At this point, I am trying to fix my gut flora with probiotics, but I feel hopeless.

I am about to start using Enterosgel (I don’t know how much toxin it can hold, but I’m trying).

I used L-Glutamine and Collagen peptides for a week to control the edema.

Since Giardia destroyed my levels, I am supplementing B12 and Zinc.

I am also taking Saccharomyces Boulardii.

As I mentioned, the smell is currently at an incredible, headache-inducing level. I get terrible reactions from people outside. Honestly, I feel like I should be in the ER, but since doctors have no knowledge of this condition, I return empty-handed, so I stopped going.

The toxicity of this breath has reached a level where my consciousness feels like it's about to shut down. It feels as if my brain is a computer and someone is pressing the "power off" button. I am trying to hold on. I suspect I contracted this from a swimming pool 10 years ago, so I am dealing with a 10-year-old wreckage.

I really don't know what to do anymore. I’ve researched constantly but I feel stuck. Has anyone experienced this specific "headache-inducing/numbing" smell? Or does anyone have any ideas for a solution?

Re: Headache-Inducing, Numbing Breath Odor (Not Hygiene Related) - Worsened 10x After Metronidazole

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2025 7:43 pm
by Jimi Stein
i think your bad breath bacteria infestation moved to your sinus cavity. Where you have constant inflamation. It is like the bad bacteria overpopulated previous bacterias and now you are in inbalance. Forget about supplements and B12...that is just a waste of money. I have never heard of anybody who would be cured by eating probiotics. Check my ebook I recommend spray for nose and mouth based on bleach formula. That can give you some relief at least stop your headache, because i had the same problem.

Re: Headache-Inducing, Numbing Breath Odor (Not Hygiene Related) - Worsened 10x After Metronidazole

Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2025 10:16 am
by headachefullbreath
I was on a heavy course of Rifaximin (1200mg daily) for 36 days, followed by Metronidazole (Flagyl). This treatment was successful in eradicating the Giardia Lamblia. However, while the parasite was eliminated, the breath odor became significantly more headache-inducing—literally to a fainting/numbing level for people around me.

I am 100% certain this is not related to sinusitis. I have visited numerous ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) specialists, and that is the one medical branch I am most clear about: the source is definitely not my sinuses. It is also not related to my oral or dental hygiene, which is perfect.

Here is the critical part: My stool analysis reports consistently showed "Mildew: Positive". After the Flagyl treatment, the reports started showing "Fungus/Yeast: Intense (Heavy Growth)".

I initially thought Giardia was the source of the smell, but this specific numbing/headache-inducing odor did not go away after the Flagyl treatment. On the contrary, it got worse. I know the environment Giardia left behind is terrible, but there has been no improvement in the smell.

At this stage, I am convinced that the problem is toxins leaking into my bloodstream due to intestinal edema and Leaky Gut, but I still haven't found a working solution to fix this damage.

Re: Headache-Inducing, Numbing Breath Odor (Not Hygiene Related) - Worsened 10x After Metronidazole

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2025 12:41 am
by Longtime
I’m seeing results with just eating salmon, broccoli and sweet potatoe. Trying not to eat after 4 pm.

Re: Headache-Inducing, Numbing Breath Odor (Not Hygiene Related) - Worsened 10x After Metronidazole

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2026 1:07 pm
by headachefullbreath
Hi, I just saw your message. Quick question: How does your breath smell change when you eat something outside of this trio (salmon, broccoli, sweet potato)?

My breath currently has a smell that is incredibly headache-inducing (triggers migraines). What I really want to understand is: Does this diet completely eliminate that specific headache-inducing smell, or does it just provide a temporary fix?

Also, I know everyone is different, but roughly how many days did it take for you to notice that the headache-inducing breath had returned to normal?

I am starting this routine today along with Chlorella. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Re: Headache-Inducing, Numbing Breath Odor (Not Hygiene Related) - Worsened 10x After Metronidazole

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2026 2:52 am
by Longtime
I just notice people didn’t touch their nose as often or back away from me. I stopped it now but need to start back.

Re: Headache-Inducing, Numbing Breath Odor (Not Hygiene Related) - Worsened 10x After Metronidazole

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2026 7:47 am
by headachefullbreath
Thanks for the reply. i need to clarify one critical detail to see if we truly have the exact same condition:

For me, it’s not just about other people's reactions. I can physically FEEL and SMELL the toxicity myself. My own breath gives ME a headache and makes me feel like zombie.
i mean we have the same thing right?
So, my question is: Did you also have this internal physical sensation (headache/dizziness from your own smell) before the diet? And did the diet make YOU feel physically better/clearer?

Or were you judging your progress solely based on other people's reactions (nose touching etc.)?

Re: Headache-Inducing, Numbing Breath Odor (Not Hygiene Related) - Worsened 10x After Metronidazole

Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2026 12:50 pm
by Longtime
I can not smell my own breath. I felt clearer. I had minimal post nasal drip. As soon as I eat other stuff post nasal drip copious and nasal congestion. I really think we all have food intolerances creating post nasal drip. Just hard to eat meat veggie and potatoe three times a day.