New testing method - VSCs
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2026 9:27 pm
Hi All
I had posted several years ago after trying various methods to test levels of bad breath (had visited Dr Aydin Murat and had asked my wife to smell regularly). Both these methods were quite insightful. I recently bought a new machine called Intelligent Breath Odor Checker WG1. It tests for the presence of VSCs such as hydrogen sulphide and methyl mercaptan and provides a 0-5 score depending on presence of VSCs detected (eg level 1 is 0.1 - 0.5PPM and level 5 is worst). I regularly score 2. Anyone tried this? I'll continue to feedback as am especially keen to see how it correlates with the taste in my mouth and what scores will be like for people that dont seem to have any odor.
I had posted several years ago after trying various methods to test levels of bad breath (had visited Dr Aydin Murat and had asked my wife to smell regularly). Both these methods were quite insightful. I recently bought a new machine called Intelligent Breath Odor Checker WG1. It tests for the presence of VSCs such as hydrogen sulphide and methyl mercaptan and provides a 0-5 score depending on presence of VSCs detected (eg level 1 is 0.1 - 0.5PPM and level 5 is worst). I regularly score 2. Anyone tried this? I'll continue to feedback as am especially keen to see how it correlates with the taste in my mouth and what scores will be like for people that dont seem to have any odor.