THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

I just got back from my ENT

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
perrymason
Advanced
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am

I just got back from my ENT

Post by perrymason »

Well, my ENT was awfully nice and discussed a wide array of topics. She looked up my nose and mouth and showed me my blood test results I had done for allergies. I'm SUPERDUPER allergic to some trees and some random dustmites (need to vaccuum everything now). My Immunoglobulin levels are @ 397 something, but the normal level is around 114!

My ENT told me the reason for my excessive mucus production is because the highlevels of Immunoglobulin (produced by allergies). It causes the mucuosa to produce extra mucus. She told me I have severe Allergic Rhinitis but just to be sure, she set me up for an appointment to get a CT scan done of my sinuses.(probably this saturday)

I was prescribed some mucus thinning and mucus-production INHIBITING medication and will be picking those up tomorrow. I asked her to smell my breath and she said she didn't smell anything (UHH WTFWTFWTF?). She said it didn't smell bad at all and I might just be paranoid. To test this out, I was at CVS getting my prescription in, I went up to the counter lady and let out a big WHOOOOOF, and the counter lady QUICKLY turned away and held her nose, as if it itched really bad :twisted:. I then went to the dental aisle, and slowly exhaled nearby some random lady, who pinched her nose (I exhaled through my nose). TBH, my breath seems to differ in different environments. Maybe my ENT was being honest, and it didn't stink at the time.

I'm just really glad something is being done to help out with this. My mouth BB isn't so bad now (Yogurt + TUNG brush + VitC + oranges), but my nose BB is still a big bit**. I'll just have to pray that this medication works to reduce the amount of mucus that is produced. She (my ENT) advised me to continue irrigating my nose with my NETI pot and keep on cleaning. This CT scan is what i'm looking forward to, and my parents said they really can't smell my BB (sometimes). I think they're just trying to be nice and boost my self esteem :o. TBH, the ENT was very surprised by the information I had on this topic, and she stared at me and told me she was impressed by my knowledge. She told me she felt really bad and would do w/e possible to fix this issue. (I saw her rubbing that nose :evil: )

Great blog, I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on and I guess I'll continue this after I find out the results of my CT scan which is this Saturday (prolly 1-2 weeks for results).
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

Thanks for the report!
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

That's a nice start. My ENT promised me this and that ttoo in the beginning, but he failed to deliver. Hopefully for you your ENT doesn't back out. cause that's what probably will happen if you visit her too often.
faith59
Junior
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Metairie, La

I just got back from ENT

Post by faith59 »

I was just curious to know if the medication the ENT gave you is a steroid (prednisone) because I went to a Allergy doctor and that's what she gave me... which helps with the mucous and sneezing...but after awhile the mucous comes back when the allergens in the air get bad. :?:
perrymason
Advanced
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am

Post by perrymason »

Nah, it's just a regular allergy medication. (2 of them).

Busted, I don't understand why your ENT would back out...you're paying to be treated. What kind of a doctor would not want to help his/her patients? I don't see why your ENT backed out after you visited him too much. :shock:

He's supposed to help you, maybe he's a douche
halihope
Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by halihope »

Pervy19
I too went to see an ent and on the first appointment he saw my nose x-ray and did a nose check up with a tiny camera and said I needed a scan because the x-rays were not enough and begun to walk away at that point I said if he could help me with my breath and he said "you mean your bb, no" and just walked away. Like 2 or 3 days before the scan appointment I went to a natural health store and bought a nose spray made of grapefruit seed extract and used it. Well my bb didn't go away but my scan came clean, no pnd!! On the following appointment my ent had a student with him and did the camera thing and told me the good news! I went ahead and asked both if I had bb and they both said no, yet the student turned his face to his left and downwards and took a deep breath. The ent lied and so the student felt obligated to do the same. SORRY BUT MOST LIKELY YOUR ENT LIED TO YOU AS WELL, the fact that you tested your breath on those people at the pharmacy confirmed it. I stopped using the grapefruit seed extract nasal spray because the grapefruit conflicts with my medications. I use the Astelin nasal spray and suck on sugar free candy to help the dry mouth this spray causes.
thanatos
God
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 am
Gender:

Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Busted
God
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Busted »

pervy19 wrote:Nah, it's just a regular allergy medication. (2 of them).

Busted, I don't understand why your ENT would back out...you're paying to be treated. What kind of a doctor would not want to help his/her patients? I don't see why your ENT backed out after you visited him too much. :shock:

He's supposed to help you, maybe he's a douche
Cause he doesn't know how to help me. He even told me in the last appointment, which was about two years ago, that I shouldn't go back to him anymore unless it's really important.
perrymason
Advanced
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 am

Post by perrymason »

I sort of get the feeling my ENT is lying to me >_>

I was walking down the hallways in school and some girls were like "ew, someone here farted." I know it was my breath because i turned their way and exhaled slowly. It's good they didn't know it was me.

GOD I HATE THIS NOSE BB
Kimberly21
Total Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:24 am

Bad Smell From Nose Stopped

Post by Kimberly21 »

I used to have the same issues but I got rid of the bad coming from my nose( i still have the bad breath from my mouth though). My doctor gave me something called xyzal and when i took it, it seemed to make the smell less. After a few days of taking it I decided to do the nasal rinse and by the next day I noticed people were no longer rubbing their nose when I faced in their direction. I think you should try it cuz I no longer have that problem. The xyzal is prescription only though. The nasal rinse you can find at any pharmarcy or online(I used the NeilMed brand) Hope that helps!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗