THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Bad breath diagnosis and treatment

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
dangeolgau
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Bad breath diagnosis and treatment

Post by dangeolgau »

I think I have sorted our problem after many years jumping from doctor to doctor.
All people with bb since childhood we might have mild Crohn disease located in the terminal ileum. Cronh disease start in children, also our form of Crohn stay mild. I was diagnosed with mild Crohn disease in my terminal ileum via colonoscopy and confirmed via biopsy.
My only symptoms which started from childhood with bb was a dull pain in the right iliac fossa, right lower quadrant discomfort radiating to the back. THESE ARE MY ONLY SYMPTOMS!!

I have did another colonoscopy in the past which showed nothing, it was because most of gastro doctors are stupid and dont know how to pass the ileocecal valve to reach small intestine and tell you that colonoscopy showed nothing and all is fine.

Two weeks ago I have started the biologic treatment for Crohn disease called Stelara, it is covered by insurance in my country, I need to do this for life. I saw improvments in terms of bb but the treatment take around 6 months to heal the intestines and put the disease in remission.
I will update you about the results. But as I see the results right now I’m 90% sure that this will be my/our cure.

Please tell me guys if you do also have dull pain in the right iliac fossa, right lower quadrant discomfort radiating to the right back side. This pain is veryyy mild is like an discomfort.

Here is the photo of my small intestine(terminal ileum). It show Crohn disease.
https://postimg.cc/QVQW7CPs
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Bad breath diagnosis and treatment

Post by Jimi Stein »

right iliac fosa is almost near the hip? Where the groin is?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
dangeolgau
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Re: Bad breath diagnosis and treatment

Post by dangeolgau »

Jimi Stein wrote: Sat Dec 27, 2025 4:52 am right iliac fosa is almost near the hip? Where the groin is?
Yes, near the hip. I got discomfort near the hip, front and back side. Right side only.
dangeolgau
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Re: Bad breath diagnosis and treatment

Post by dangeolgau »

UPDATE

After 9 months of biologic treatment for crohn disease my bb is 100% cured. It started to decrease significantly after month 6 and now PND is totally gone and bb also. In my case bb was caused by the rotten eggs post nasal drip.
My doctor said that actually I’m in clinical remission, at 12 months of treatment I have scheduled an colonoscopy to confirm also if I’m in endoscopic remission(if my small intestine is cured).
If you want to find your cure focus on you small intestine, the problem is there!!
Europe
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2026 1:24 pm

Re: Bad breath diagnosis and treatment

Post by Europe »

dangeolgau wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2026 2:29 am UPDATE

After 9 months of biologic treatment for crohn disease my bb is 100% cured. It started to decrease significantly after month 6 and now PND is totally gone and bb also. In my case bb was caused by the rotten eggs post nasal drip.
My doctor said that actually I’m in clinical remission, at 12 months of treatment I have scheduled an colonoscopy to confirm also if I’m in endoscopic remission(if my small intestine is cured).
If you want to find your cure focus on you small intestine, the problem is there!!

What does biologic treatment for Crohn's disease actually look like?
yellowbb
Total Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2025 5:50 pm

Re: Bad breath diagnosis and treatment

Post by yellowbb »

dangeolgau wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2026 2:29 am In my case bb was caused by the rotten eggs post nasal drip.
So crohn disease was triggering rotten eggs smell which triggered post nasal drip? Did I get it right?
dangeolgau
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Re: Bad breath diagnosis and treatment

Post by dangeolgau »

yellowbb wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2026 7:31 pm
dangeolgau wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2026 2:29 am In my case bb was caused by the rotten eggs post nasal drip.
So crohn disease was triggering rotten eggs smell which triggered post nasal drip? Did I get it right?
Cronh disease practically is leaky gut, your small intestine is damaged, people have slow motility and toxins pass into bloodstream. There is a suprapopulation of bad bacteria caused by slow motility and damaged bowel tissue, the cause that bad breath is the worst around 2 hours after eating is because these bacteria ferment the carbohydrates you eat, these bad bacteria should not be there.
After the small bowel is healed, the motility is restored, bad bacteria dissapear because the new enviroment is not favorable for their survival and everything dissapear you will be a new person, bad breath is just one of the symptoms of this shit….
Last edited by dangeolgau on Sun Sep 06, 2026 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dangeolgau
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 pm

Re: Bad breath diagnosis and treatment

Post by dangeolgau »

Europe wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2026 8:37 am
dangeolgau wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2026 2:29 am UPDATE

After 9 months of biologic treatment for crohn disease my bb is 100% cured. It started to decrease significantly after month 6 and now PND is totally gone and bb also. In my case bb was caused by the rotten eggs post nasal drip.
My doctor said that actually I’m in clinical remission, at 12 months of treatment I have scheduled an colonoscopy to confirm also if I’m in endoscopic remission(if my small intestine is cured).
If you want to find your cure focus on you small intestine, the problem is there!!

What does biologic treatment for Crohn's disease actually look like?
So the treatment are injectable pens and need to do an injection every 8 weeks, treatment is totally covered by insurance in my country, in order to get it you need to have a special prescription from an IBD specialist doctor, this is prescribed only if you have an official Crohn disease diagnosis.
If I want to go and buy the treatment with money is not possible in my country and in most of the countries I think.
Also as mentioned above you need a special prescription for it and no doctor will ever prescribe it if you dont have an official diagnosis of crohn disease. One more thing, Cronh disease in small intestine is one of the most difficult diseases to diagnose.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗