Page 1 of 1

Laser Tonsil Surgery ?

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:02 pm
by VICKSTER
hey,
I just wanted to let you know I will be going to a consult wit Dr. Krespi( he was trained by Finklestein ) in NY. I had a regular ENT check out my tonsils and he said , they are very small but food could get caught. He was a real jerk a tried to charge me $ 660.00 for the visit..... I blew a fit and he lowered it to 400.00 ( what a deal ! ). I spoke to Doctor Krepsi assistant who was very nice and seemed to have real concern for BB victims. She said they are well aware of the site. Anyway.... I have tried everything else .. I hope my insurance covers it. I just needed to share that news. I will keep you posted.

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:07 pm
by Ice
so I didn't get that, u are going to have laser operation or not? is any1 else planning on having it?

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:10 pm
by VICKSTER
Ice,
I have an appointment with Dr. Krespi to see if the surgery is necessary. In order ot have lazer his assistant told me you have to have certain criteria, not everyone can do lazer. So, I am hopeful that I will be able to have it. He does it with no ansthesia , so you can not have a a bad gage response and your tonsils have to be on the small side. I have that on my side, my tonsils are small and my gage response is not too bad . Iam going next week.... I will let you now what I learn about this. The consult is $300.00 ( he is out of network for me , I will get 80% back ). The surgery is $3,000.00 my insurance will pay most of it. Iam praying that this is my answer.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:11 pm
by VICKSTER
Ice,
I have an appointment with Dr. Krespi to see if the surgery is necessary. In order ot have lazer his assistant told me you have to have certain criteria, not everyone can do lazer. So, I am hopeful that I will be able to have it. He does it with no ansthesia , so you can not have a a bad gage response and your tonsils have to be on the small side. I have that on my side, my tonsils are small and my gage response is not too bad . Iam going next week.... I will let you now what I learn about this. The consult is $300.00 ( he is out of network for me , I will get 80% back ). The surgery is $3,000.00 my insurance will pay most of it. Iam praying that this is my answer.

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:43 am
by Happylife
Hey Vickster,

Did u meet Dr. Krespi? Did u undergo the Surgery? I tried to find ur other posts but, thr was no post about this. Plz Update. Thanks.

I doubt it

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:14 pm
by celica
I doubt it that he was cured by tonsil surgery I have one myself and it did not work. The doctor who dont want to remove my tonsil draw my throat. He draw alot of curves. he said even if you will take the healthy tonsil out our throat is curved and have some crypt so It will always harbor nasal drip or food particles. unless you will flatten the throat out then you will eliminate those bacteria harboring in it which he says is impossibl eto flatten it out because thats how our throat is made its hard to show it to you on how he drew my throat and he was right.

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:12 am
by tonsolloliths
This really made me cry. We must consider the risks of surgery...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Technology ... 610&page=1

G