Page 1 of 1

Kefir...has anyone tried it?

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:00 am
by hopeful
I'm really focused on improving my digestion/immune system right now because I'm pretty sure my bb originates from within. I'm been taking digestive enzymes and some super large doses of probiotics the last 5 days or so. I also haven't eaten any raw vegetables and my bowel movements have become normal(no more undigested spinach, carrots, etc in my stools). I think I'm on the right path as my stool seems to be dictating but want to do more to increase the good bacteria in my body.

Has anyone tried kefir? I want to make my own with Goat's milk and test it for a month. Kefir is well known for having tons of live bacteria. If anyone one else has experience with kefir, I'd love to hear how it went(can cause some bloating).

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:49 pm
by Archimonde
i love kefir but like any dairy product, it makes my breath 100x worse, kefir is no exception.

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:27 pm
by hungrygirl
I used to make my own kefir but from cows milk. The grains were growing really fast, in a few days i was like a kefir factory, i even eat some grains.
Wether it did anything for me or not i can't tell tho, cos i wasn't very consistent with it and didn't do it for long.

I still have the kefir grains in the fridge, i haven't touched them for almost a year, im surprised it hasn't crowled away yet!

Check out Dom's kefir site, he's got lots of info on it.