Your Email Address:

First Name:

Discovered something new.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ElGrizzle
Advanced

Discovered something new.

Post by ElGrizzle »

Ok so I was reading through an ayurvedic book I have here, and according there are like 36 diseases of the nose. One of them is called puti-nasya or (Ozena). according to this book.
"Swelling of the nose, foul odour, discoloration and vertigo,"
"the aggravated doshas (including blood, NiS) which are localised in the throat and uvular region of the palate (talu-mula) will be eliminated by the action of the aggravated vata, in the form of a foetid discharge, (SS). "

It says, "The oil medicated with kantakari, danti, vacha, sigru, tulasi, trikatu and rock salt can be used as a nasya for relieving puti-nasya."

Nasya means you drop it into the nose. Interesting. I have an nasya oil with vacha in it, but none of the other herbs. If I have to make oils out of those rare herbs, which might be hard to attain I will. Or I might go to India and seek out an advanced ayurvedic practitioner.

I went to my doctor (well actually a new doctor, didn't like him very much) and said, I might had Atrophic Rhinitis(ozena), he had never even heard of it before, I had to show him on wikipedia. Its no wonder few are getting cured of their bad breath. Western doctors knowledge of disease is very limited.

I will go through these ayurvedic books and search out possible diseases we haven't looked at or heard of yet.

DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

Yes, ElGrizzle,

Atrophic Rhinitis is a very possible cause of Chronic Halitosis.

It can cause a bad breath that is so obvious as soonas you enter a room and also a bad breath that fills the entire room.

I mentioned it in my thread on bb and diseases a while back.

Drastic
Larc400
God

Re: Discovered something new.

Post by Larc400 »

ElGrizzle wrote:Western doctors knowledge of disease is very limited.
Western doctors' knowledge of disease is limited to Western Medicine, quite obvious really. If you prefer another school of thought, I suggest you go to non-western doctors, instead of spouting nonsense :)
elliott
God

Re: Discovered something new.

Post by elliott »

Larc400 wrote:
ElGrizzle wrote:Western doctors knowledge of disease is very limited.
Western doctors' knowledge of disease is limited to Western Medicine, quite obvious really. If you prefer another school of thought, I suggest you go to non-western doctors, instead of spouting nonsense :)
Western medicine consists of what is approved by the FDA. There is much more to medicine than what is admitted by the US Government. It's all about money, it's not about finding cures. I'd say that ElGrizzle is accurate with his/her statement. We're just now figuring out that fast food, trans fat, huge portions, etc is bad for you, it's 2009 and we are just now doing something about it. LOL Western medicine is full of shit just like everything else is once you realize what is really going on. Plenty of cures for lots of things, but if the guv can't tax it, it's not approved.
ElGrizzle
Advanced

Post by ElGrizzle »

thaks elliot. I am doing some more research into ayurveda. Almost garauntee that if you saw the any acclaimed ayurvedic doctor you wouldn't even have to tell him whats wrong and he could figure it out. The diagnosis system is quite complex, your body shows many signs.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Let's all move to India.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic