Page 1 of 1

Is Halitosis Hereditary?

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:58 am
by j0n1982
Helo guys,

I was just spending my day thinking how this malady started for me. I can't pinpoint how this really started for me.

I remember having a respiratory disease when I was about 7. I am not sure if this was it. Or could it be that, I had a really poor mouth care for possibly 2+ years, as a boy at around 5-7 years. I am not sure/

I kind of remember, my grandfather (brother of my grandfather, actually). He was kind of worried that day because he was about to meet the parents of his son's soon to be inlaws. I mean, we live a few houses away and I used to drop by their place. Now, I am not sure if I inherited this or was this a result of circumstance that I could have avoided?

What do you think?

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:23 pm
by saveme
I remember reading somewhere that it isn't. So I guess it is more of a personal problem resulting from oral hygiene and also other internal factors, usually resulting from the digestive system.

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:14 pm
by elliott
BB may not be, but digestive disorders might be genetic.

My dad had BB and digestive disorder, so naturally I can't count that out. If I recall, his father had BB too, but of course my Grandpa was old, and older people do develop that musty breath anyway.

I wonder if BB is contagious though. Or at least the bacteria that causes it. My BB started at the same time I had a coworker with BB 2 years ago. Coincidence or not?

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 pm
by iwillbecured
No, I don't think it is. Nobody in my family has bb. No relatives have this problem, either. It's just me.... :(

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:36 pm
by j0n1982
i am also not aware of any other relative with this condition.. :(

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:56 am
by jc
elliott wrote:BB may not be, but digestive disorders might be genetic.

My dad had BB and digestive disorder, so naturally I can't count that out. If I recall, his father had BB too, but of course my Grandpa was old, and older people do develop that musty breath anyway.

I wonder if BB is contagious though. Or at least the bacteria that causes it. My BB started at the same time I had a coworker with BB 2 years ago. Coincidence or not?
my mom`s got mild ch probably caused by diabetes but she can have a few hours of fresh breath after brushing or eating something. i`m not that lucky though coz i had the room-clearing type of bb. maybe i have a different strain or mutated bacterial genes. i also think i acquired it coz i had a weak immune system ever since i was a kid. i`m physically strong & athletic but my body`s defence against diseases is a lot weaker than other normal people.

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:39 am
by hopeful
I also have a weak immune system. I'm always freezing, my hands and feet especially.