Clean Rainfall - Nasal Irrigation
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:09 pm
The following step has given me excellent results, against bb, by providing “clean rainfall” from the nose to the throat and tonsils for long periods of time, following the procedure.
Oceanside and Noptical have referred to this procedure in earlier posts. I too wanted to share with the readers that this dramatically helps me as well, by dislodging, and rinsing away, mucosal deposits of anaerobic pockets parked in the nose and sinuses.
I make a solution of the following:
warm drinking water = 16 ounces, i.e. about one-half liter
table salt = one-quarter teaspoon
baking soda (i.e. sodium bicarbonate) = one-quarter teaspoon
I irrigate my nostril area and sinuses by sending this warm saline solution alternately into both nostrils, gently filling the nasal cavity, then drawing this liquid downward into my mouth by creating an oral vacuum, then I spit it out. The solution loosens encrusted, or viscous, mucus, and washes it from the area. I perform this nasal washing until the full, 16 ounces of solution have been used to irrigate the area.
This procedure takes some practice to coordinate the upper palate, and nasal passages to ensure the proper intake of solution without coughing, inhaling or swallowing the solution as it moves from the nose to the mouth.
I place the solution into a plastic squeeze bottle that has a screw-top lid. The plastic lid has a built-in straw and I place a rubber, eye-dropper bulb over the straw. This makes more comfortable, the insertion of the bulb into a nostril. I first, however, cut an opening in the closed-end of the rubber bulb so that the saline solution may pass through. I gently and slowly squeeze the bottle to deliver the saline solution into the nose, while I simultaneously orally draw the sent solution into my mouth, in small batches and spit the solution into a sink (or shower where this, for me, works best). The whole procedure takes about one minute.
I brush and floss twice-daily with regular toothpaste. I gently use the TUNG brush. I perform the nasal rinse in the morning. I am not using mouthwash.
It is easy and inexpensive. It reaches and cleans areas where, of course, a toothbrush cannot. The subsequent PND is thinner, drains easily, and is not laden with aged bacteria.
Oceanside and Noptical have referred to this procedure in earlier posts. I too wanted to share with the readers that this dramatically helps me as well, by dislodging, and rinsing away, mucosal deposits of anaerobic pockets parked in the nose and sinuses.
I make a solution of the following:
warm drinking water = 16 ounces, i.e. about one-half liter
table salt = one-quarter teaspoon
baking soda (i.e. sodium bicarbonate) = one-quarter teaspoon
I irrigate my nostril area and sinuses by sending this warm saline solution alternately into both nostrils, gently filling the nasal cavity, then drawing this liquid downward into my mouth by creating an oral vacuum, then I spit it out. The solution loosens encrusted, or viscous, mucus, and washes it from the area. I perform this nasal washing until the full, 16 ounces of solution have been used to irrigate the area.
This procedure takes some practice to coordinate the upper palate, and nasal passages to ensure the proper intake of solution without coughing, inhaling or swallowing the solution as it moves from the nose to the mouth.
I place the solution into a plastic squeeze bottle that has a screw-top lid. The plastic lid has a built-in straw and I place a rubber, eye-dropper bulb over the straw. This makes more comfortable, the insertion of the bulb into a nostril. I first, however, cut an opening in the closed-end of the rubber bulb so that the saline solution may pass through. I gently and slowly squeeze the bottle to deliver the saline solution into the nose, while I simultaneously orally draw the sent solution into my mouth, in small batches and spit the solution into a sink (or shower where this, for me, works best). The whole procedure takes about one minute.
I brush and floss twice-daily with regular toothpaste. I gently use the TUNG brush. I perform the nasal rinse in the morning. I am not using mouthwash.
It is easy and inexpensive. It reaches and cleans areas where, of course, a toothbrush cannot. The subsequent PND is thinner, drains easily, and is not laden with aged bacteria.