Your Email Address:

First Name:

do you guys hold your breath when walking around people?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
me
Advanced

do you guys hold your breath when walking around people?

Post by me »

can holding your breath be bad?? Im asking because I do it all the time when im walikng throug the hallways at my school

j0n1982
Junior

Post by j0n1982 »

Yes I do, me.

I hold my breath when I am in a closed space situation i.e a "cool" close to others.

I even did when even in an open space like the outside, as long are people coming my way, across my way, tailing my way etc. I decided to cut this off now though. I started walking fast so people who may smell my H wouldn't notice me by much as the cuprit nor will I hear the possible comments or glance by that sick "OMG I hate you" faces.

I think it is definitely negative. First, I would like to think that holding your breath cuts off the oxygen for a moment thus making a more lively enviroment for these anaerobic bacteria in our mouths. Two, it puts you in a somewhat tensed state. A tensed state wouldn't be good either. Makes your body breath harder, envitably exhaling a little more than the usual H that you'd like to put off. There is also a big chance that you may be holding way too much and BURST out uncontrollably spreading your H all over poor fellas faces. (I am such an idiot. I did this too many a times. Please don't laugh.)

MY suggestion is to try to inhale/exhale deeply just before collision course. That will calm you down and make you alittle more aware of what is going on. Breath slowly and nicely, never too deep.

I also have a hanky always ready in hand. In dubious situations, I pretend to have colds and so the opportunity to cover my stink. We are a funny people, aren't we?
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

One thing not to do in close quarters with "normal" people is.. swallow. There is something about the action of swallowing that activates the bad stuff in the throat area. The smell comes out of your nostrils like a gas, and it is extremely strong.

I usually just breathe slowly with shallow breaths until i am free to not taint the fresh oxygen supply of normal people. O:)
me
Advanced

Post by me »

We are a funny people, aren't we?
\

yeah we are lol
iwillbecured

Post by iwillbecured »

Yes, I always hold my breath when I walk by people or when people get close to me. I really feel like I shouldn't do it, but it's almost like a reflex reaction now.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

thanatos wrote:Can't believe this is my life.
Seriously. Yet, we keep moving along.

We are a funny people, but also, we are special people to wake up everyday and go through this sh*t.

=D>
greenman
Advanced

Post by greenman »

this is literally stabbing yourself in the ribs, holding your breath is terrible in of itself and with our condition it is more of an issue that we don't hold our breath. the tension created will just make you feel worse than you already do. the lack of oxygen might even help anaerobic bacteria flourish!

i know this from experience, starting of my halitosis i held my breath as a service to those around me. this created a fear in me that lead to social anxiety, and insanity. i say and think the worst things, think it out loud and i know i don't mean it. i'm confusing, angering, hurting, those around me and i just want it to stop.
saveme

Post by saveme »

It is funny we're all strangers yet I feel everything that you're going through. This nightmare we can't wake up from but I still believe that one day, we will. Honestly, I haven't done much about this problem but I'm intending to make a trip to the doctor really soon once I muster up the courage. I detest the feeling of having to literally hold our breath while somebody else can yawn away at full blast with their mouths wide open. I make myself feel better by thinking silly thoughts. Maybe a lizard will drop into their mouths. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic