Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tongue coating and smell

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
integral
Junior

Tongue coating and smell

Post by integral »

I visited a Chinese medicine store from time to time to get some herbs there. Its owners determine health conditions by looking at the tongue coating. They say that everyone should have a tongue coating (there's a purpose for it, etc), and I never had it. They thought it was due to some liver problem in me. They laughed when I told them that I clean my tongue every morning.

Well, the main moments of this story are:

1. White tongue coating is common and is probably not a sign of a disease.
2. There was rotten egg (though not too strong) smell from both of their mouths. LOL

wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

hi integral,

OMG! That is exactly what I wanted to do yesterday, I wanted to open a new topic on tongue coating, n actually open a poll about it, cz I read an article about how chinese ppl can tell ur health problems by looking at ur tongue.
never_bn_kissed

Post by never_bn_kissed »

i'm very interested in tongue coating. if i dont clean and scrape my tongue at least twice a day, i get this horribly thick white coating over the whole surface, and my sense of smell gets very poor

what's weird is i can't directly smell my own bb when breathing, but when i wake up in the morning or go back into my room, i can smell it very strongly on my pillow, because i think its really concentrated in my saliva.
popaloo

Post by popaloo »

Hi there, i clean my tounge in the morning and at night. I get a yellow coating from the middle, right to the back of my tounge.
I have constant post nasal drip which is what i blame for the bacteria on my tounge.
At the moment i am seeing a homeopath to try the natural way of getting some relief. Its not making a difference at present mind and i have been going for over six months. She has this tounge chart with pictures of various coatings on tounges and like you say wnaysha it is supposedly a diagnosis of various conditions in the body. Mine corresponds to liver problems which might be well founded as i was a binge drinker for many years :o
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

hi popaloo,

I stopped eating dairy products for a week and my tongue coating went away-my bb reduced--my stomach discomfort/bloating was also reduced, and last night I had a lil bit of cream cheese, n my tongue coating/bloating came back, so i went n bought 2 gallons of soy milk to completely eliminate all dairy products from my diet.
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

wnaysha, do you mean that if you eat whatever that contains milk as a minor ingredient can cause the ****ing coating to become thicker?
popaloo

Post by popaloo »

I agree with the tounge coating being more pronounced when dairy is consumed but i also get this when i take soya milk :?
I think it must be the protein content, i dunno.
I have tried cutting dairy out of my diet (and it is so difficult!, i didnt realise all the foods that contained milk or milk based products), but it didnt seem to make my breath any better.
I have just ordered a neti-pot to see if it can help with the post nasal drip.
klif

Post by klif »

I don't know for sure, but i think that lack of saliva is connected with liver :?
Bilirubin? Does it means anything to you? Mine is high, and also i have yellow eyes...this is liver guilt. Liver can't find strength to get solve out the bilirubin. High bilirubin itself is not dangerous but maybe it's somehow related with BB :-k
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

popaloo, do you mean most grocery items contain milk in them?
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

yes integral,

in my case, most of the tongue coating was because of dairy products, I am not coating free now, but it has reduced tremendously.

and yes it is related to liver for some reason, my GI dr told me my bb could be bcz of bile, so i'm still doing more research on irritable bowel syndrome, bile reflux, serotonin, and spasms.
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

wnaysha, it's good that you know where the root cause is. However, your bb mustn't be fecal, must it?
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

amm, yes, kind of, it is fecal I think.

i found this site for ibs sufferers, and most of the sufferers had bb, I will share it with everyone when my exams r over.
integral
Junior

Post by integral »

I heard that bb connected with liver is very distinct.
wnaysha
Master

Post by wnaysha »

I will explain the connection in detail, but, when my exams are over, lol.

I have so much to share integral, but I want work on it a little more, to make it a better source of info for everyone.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic