Your Email Address:

First Name:

My past 4 months

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Bad day1,
I have had some success during the last three weeks with a procedure which I described in a thread called "Oral Hygiene Regimen That May Help" on August 5, 2010.
I would say about 80% reduction in bad breath.

The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

Hi Murat,

Thank you very much for the reply. I hope we can use this thread to exchange questions and answers so you can diagnose my condition. You can ask me here all the relevant questions you need, so others might use the information also.

Firstly, I was actually able to find a Listerine with zinc chloride. The label says "Listerine Total Care", it contains 0.9mg of zinc chloride for each mL, and the color of the mouthwash is purple. It actually helps me, compared to the other Listerine types I've used. Here is a link I found in the web, kindly check the ingredients if this is an effective mouthwash: http://www.pulsepharmacy.com.au/Product ... aign&pid=7

Regarding your questions:
I don't have bridge, no crown, no crowded teeth, no unerupted teeth, I don't think I sleep with mouth open but I do snore, I have not taken alcohol for about 6 months now, I masticate on both sides, and no gingival bleeding. I don't know what interdental filling and bone resorption are, but most likely I don't have any.

I'm 34 now, and my BB started when I was 32. I don't have wisdom teeth anymore, I've had all of them extracted. I have amalgam fillings on the two lower left premolars since I was 14. I had a denture with metal hooks for the upper left first premolar since I was 19. I had it replaced with a denture without metal hooks when I was 33. I also added dentures for my lower right second premolar and first molar, no metals also.

I don't have a radiograph right now but I hope the info above can give you a picture of my oral environment. Just tell me if you need any more info.

Thanks again.
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

Hey Phantasist,

Thanks a lot for the advice. I've read your post and your regimen is actually a bit similar to my daily routine, albeit with different products. I'm using the mouthwash and toothpaste with zinc, together with a waterpik for flossing, a toothbrush with cut bristles (for my tongue brushing), and a regular toothbrush for the teeth. I do my cleaning 5 times a day during office days, and 3 times a day during weekends.

I've used the Thera products before (they are sold as PE Lifestyle products locally). My dentist sold me the mouthwash, the toothpaste, and a small bottle spray. Sadly, the products did not work for me after using for about 2 months. So I just stopped buying (quite expensive also).

Right now, I'm content with the Listerine and Sensodyne with zinc ingredients as they give me temporary relief. I do agree with the bad effects of their alcohol and SLS contents. I still hope to find and get my hands on zinc containing products without the alcohol, sugar, and foamy stuff.
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

Hi Murat,

Any thoughts on my condition? I just want to know your feedback and ideas. Thanks.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Bad day1,
Just a couple of additional thoughts:
The Zink ingredient alone may not be enouth to do the job. You might also need the Oxyd-8, because the anaerobic bacteria can't stand oxygen.
Also, you may be overdoing it by cleaning 5 times a day. There are over a hundred different bacteria in your mouth and you may be inadvertently killing the good ones. The trick is to establish a beneficial microfloral ecology in your mouth that will sustain itself. I think you're on the right track, but ease off a little - give your mouth a chance.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
VICKSTER
Advanced

Listerine

Post by VICKSTER »

Hey Guy's,
I have used a ton of products, but never Listrine. But I bought a bottle out of sheer madness. I purchased the type with the ADA seal and I have to say . Things are much better. I went back to work yesterday { teacher} and peop;e were not doing the rubbing thing and running away. Has any body else found this to help.... I found it to be really good. BUT>>> only buy the plain with the ADA seal. Vickster
bad day1

Post by bad day1 »

Hey Phantasist

I agree that the zinc-containing products might not be enough (in my particular case for that matter). Thanks for reminding about the oxygen. I'll try to use hydrogen peroxide first, cheaper and easier for me to obtain. Plus I feel the oxidizing capacity is greater (based on my previous experience of using peroxide and thera products).

Yeah, 5 times a day sound like overkill, but my problem is that my work needs me to be in constant interaction with colleagues. I really need the confidence to talk to be able to function in office, and the 5 or more times I clean my tongue gives me temporary relief from bb, which then translates to the needed confidence to converse with people. Not brushing my tongue for hours causes very foul odour.

It really is a trade-off for me; right now I have to choose the momentary relief over the possible cure in the long term because of my job. Anyway, on weekends I don't overdo it, my tongue perhaps gets rested. Once I get a long vacation from work, I can try to relax on the cleaning and I will be able to see the effects.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic