Your Email Address:

First Name:

How come some people always have fresh breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
gordongekko

How come some people always have fresh breath?

Post by gordongekko »

Just like, they brush their teeth once in the morning, after school their breath still smells good, and then the next morning (if they stay at my house) their breath is still fine. How come anaerobic bacteria doesn't grow on their tongue and just ours?

Also, I'm thinking about getting some breezecare k12 stuff, however, someone told me that anaerobic bacteria is highly adaptive and it will become useless after a week - your thoughts?

thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

I had an ex who always had great breath. she could go to sleep not brushing her teeth and wake up with fresh breath. Not even smoking cigarettes and drinking beer before bed gave her morning breath.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Normal saliva has about a dozen antibacterial components in it. These substances diminish the growth of anaerobic bacteria which produce the volatile sulphur compounds. "Normal" people have the good saliva and therefore do not get bad breath no matter what they do. There is a good chance that we who suffer don't have the right chemicals in our saliva, and therefore have bad breath no matter what we do or eat. (However, there are also a few other causes of breath odor.)
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Normal saliva has about a dozen antibacterial components in it. These substances diminish the growth of anaerobic bacteria which produce the volatile sulphur compounds. "Normal" people have the good saliva and therefore do not get bad breath no matter what they do. There is a good chance that we who suffer don't have the right chemicals in our saliva, and therefore have bad breath no matter what we do or eat. (However, there are also a few other causes of breath odor.)
gordongekko

Post by gordongekko »

Phantasist wrote:Normal saliva has about a dozen antibacterial components in it. These substances diminish the growth of anaerobic bacteria which produce the volatile sulphur compounds. "Normal" people have the good saliva and therefore do not get bad breath no matter what they do. There is a good chance that we who suffer don't have the right chemicals in our saliva, and therefore have bad breath no matter what we do or eat. (However, there are also a few other causes of breath odor.)
So how do we put these chemicals into our saliva?
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Gordongekko,
You can't put chemicals in your saliva. Saliva is produced by your body, and the right components are either in the saliva or not. If you're missing some antibacterial substance in your saliva, it is similar to an immune deficiency. I don't think you can do much about that.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

Phantasist wrote:Gordongekko,
You can't put chemicals in your saliva. Saliva is produced by your body, and the right components are either in the saliva or not. If you're missing some antibacterial substance in your saliva, it is similar to an immune deficiency. I don't think you can do much about that.
sounds hopeless, doesn't it?
gordongekko

Post by gordongekko »

hopelessone wrote:
Phantasist wrote:Gordongekko,
sounds hopeless, doesn't it?
Not hopeless. If we don't have those antibacterial components in our saliva that means there is something obviously wrong. I'm speaking to Phantasist over private messaging. Going to get my saliva checked and found out which antibacterial components i'm missing and buy something over the counter.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic