Your Email Address:

First Name:

tonsillectomy question

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
curious13

tonsillectomy question

Post by curious13 »

Hey all. Visited my ENT recently. After talking to him about tonsil stones, he pretty much left the tonsillectomy option up to me. I told him I'd think about it.

Now besides the factor of pain and payment would any of you do it? If it was your option what would you do?

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If you've ruled out every other possibility, then go for it.
If your tonsils stink, it's tempting to think that their removal is bound to help, but it rarely turns out to be the underlying bad breath cause and rarely makes much difference at all.
happylife05
Junior

Post by happylife05 »

I had surgery done yesterday morning. Doesn't feel that bad yet, slight pain which is manageable with pain medication.

My reasons to go for surgery:

I spit out tonsil stones, once in two months may be.
My stonsil stones and my breath smells almost same.
I have bad breath since child hood, since i can remember
Frequent sore throat, allergic to dust, itchy feeling on upper side of throat sometimes.
Finally i got insurance and it is covering most part of the surgery.

So i thought, if it is cured, i will be lucky, otherwise at least i have made one more attempt.

Things i did before tonsillectomy:

-->Used colon cleansing products for 3 months - No results
-->Just raw food for 1 month and 50 % raw after that for 6 months -- Felt good internally, body was lite but, no improvements in BB
-->Visited Dr.Dailley's Bad breath clinic - this trip made me depressed as i had to borrow money from my friends and pay for it and i was a student then -- No results, this is just trying to mask symptoms, not handling root cause
-->Probiotics for 3 months - No improvements in BB
-->Hpylori - tested positive - was on triple therapy, no improvement in BB
-->TMAU - paid 300$ out of pocket as insurance doesn't cover this - tested negative
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

happylife05 wrote: My reasons to go for surgery:

I spit out tonsil stones, once in two months may be.
My stonsil stones and my breath smells almost same.
I have bad breath since child hood, since i can remember
Frequent sore throat, allergic to dust, itchy feeling on upper side of throat sometimes.
Finally i got insurance and it is covering most part of the surgery.
happylife, I actually have some of the same symptoms you have.

I've had BB since I was about 10. That's when my friends first told me. I'm not sure if I had it before then, though. It really didn't start to affect my life until I got to high school. That's when people began to comment about it. I hock out tonsil stones, on average, twice a month, but back in January I hocked out 5 little ones in one day. I am too allergic to dust and pollen, and I get sore throat every now and then. I have noticed that my breath smells like tonsil stones, and also hours after brushing my teeth I can lick my lips and my lips actually smell like stinky spit. It's absolutely gross. When I floss my teeth, the gunk inbetween my teeth smells like tonsil stones too.

Good luck on the surgery. I hope you have found your cure :)
curious13

Post by curious13 »

Thanks HappyLife and Coconut. I can really identify with what you all are saying.

I actually just now signed on to rant a little bit cause the "fart" comments reared there ugly head tonight. Seriously I was almost convinced that I was managing my BB. That's why I posted the question in the first place.

I truly don't want to offend anyone with my language, but I am really ****ing tired of this shit. I brush and floss and rinse and water pik and avoid dairy and eat bland food and overpay for organic and pull what remains of my hair out AND it never stops. Damn I try to do well. Where in the hell is my reward. HELL I PRACTICE GOOD HYGENE MORE THAN YOU NON-STINKERS......WHERE'S MY EFFIN RESULTS. Damnit!!!!

I already committed to the tonsillectomy. At the very least I'm trying.

By the way......***k YOU MY DEAR FRIENDS AND THANKS FOR THE FART COMMENTS. MAY KARMA VISIT YOU SOON.

Signed,
The Newest Member of the Hermit Club
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

curious13 wrote:Thanks HappyLife and Coconut. I can really identify with what you all are saying.

I actually just now signed on to rant a little bit cause the "fart" comments reared there ugly head tonight. Seriously I was almost convinced that I was managing my BB. That's why I posted the question in the first place.

I truly don't want to offend anyone with my language, but I am really ****ing tired of this shit. I brush and floss and rinse and water pik and avoid dairy and eat bland food and overpay for organic and pull what remains of my hair out AND it never stops. Damn I try to do well. Where in the hell is my reward. HELL I PRACTICE GOOD HYGENE MORE THAN YOU NON-STINKERS......WHERE'S MY EFFIN RESULTS. Damnit!!!!

I already committed to the tonsillectomy. At the very least I'm trying.

By the way......***k YOU MY DEAR FRIENDS AND THANKS FOR THE FART COMMENTS. MAY KARMA VISIT YOU SOON.

Signed,
The Newest Member of the Hermit Club
Curious13, I know exactly how you feel. I had to go into my closet and literally scream to release so much stress that builds up every day from dealing with this. Then on top of that I constantly wonder why my younger brother who has terrible oral hygiene, never has bad breath. I'm f*cking tired of it too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic