Your Email Address:

First Name:

Mastic good enough for Harems and it seems to be working!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

waitingforrelief wrote: i guess i'll keep taking the mastic after all. i'm glad that my bb was controlled tonight, but this experiement is making me feel very anxious - not knowing if it'd make my breath worse... sometimes rocking the boat in any way, even possibly for the better, is scary. the fear of disappointment... it feels safer to stay in the cocoon of misery. at least one is used to it.

but of course i'll keep trying to find a way to fight this.
I know how you feel - it's the anxiety and hopelessness, knowing what is always waiting for you around the corner... but keep doing what you're doing, trying lots of different things, asking questions, sharing experiences, I'm sure we're all learning from each other...

yuckykat

Post by yuckykat »

yber,waiting,does your sore throat get better when suing the mastic?I mean,when you feel that mastic is working for your BB,does your throat feel better?
yuckykat

Post by yuckykat »

yuckykat wrote:yber,waiting,does your sore throat get better when suing the mastic?I mean,when you feel that mastic is working for your BB,does your throat feel better?
Sorry I mistyped,I meant using the mastic
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

actually my throat has been MORE irritated the last couple days - that's why i'm a bit nervous about taking the mastic. i don't know if it's a sign that my breath is going to get worse.

so this morning at about 930 am i drank the other half of the essence and didn't experience any nausea today at the same dosage. woke up with my usual bb, i think. and breath seemed to be kind of under control after drinking the essence. went to work early afternoon and chewed some soaked mastic on the way.

i think id din't have fecal breath, and my mouth tasted ok. (as in tasted only a little bad instead of horrible) but again after a little over an hour, i could smell the metallic and "stinky saliva" breath. i guess there's it's not as bad as usual, but whatever that i'm taking is not helping that, as much as the fecal odor.

it is now 430 pm. i just flossed to check the odor on my floss. there was a slight fecal odor between 2-3 teeth (i'm now chewing some soaked mastic as i type. by the way, sometimes it becomes chewing-gum like right away. sometimes it just becomes a messy sticky mass that gets glued to my teeth and fingers like crazy. when that happens, i take it out and try another blob and use the new blob to try to get rid of the stuff stuck to my teeth). there's no getting away from the "sticky saliva/morning breath" smell. even stronger is the metallic smell - but again, not as much as usual. what i smell on the floss is pretty much consistent with what i could smell that's not pleasant from my own breath.

before i got home, i wanted to get rid of the increasing bad taste in my mouth, so i ate a bag of doritos. (i eat just to get rid of my natural tastes in my mouth often.) that was at least a half hour ago. now even after drinking a glass of grapefruit juice, and chewing 2 blobs of mastic, i can still smell the remaining doritos scent in my mouth when i chew. it overpowers even the mastic.

i think larc and some others have mentioned that food smell stays a long time in their mouth, i'm the same way. but i'm surprised that even WITH the mastic in my mouth, i can still smell the doritos after so long.

the thing is, i didn't even feel like having it, certainly didn't want to have junk food, and certainly didn't want to have food that i KNEW would likely leave a taste/smell for a long time in my mouth. but sometimes it's precisely that kind of food that i go for, because i need something strong to get rid of that taste/smell right away, not even when i'm with company. but just for myself when i'm alone.

ok, i just flossed again after chewing the mastic for 20 mins or so, and the morning breath smell is still there. oh well. and i am starting to get that nauseous feeling after chewing on it all this time.

the other thing that i've noticed the last couple days - i don't know if i'm imagining things.

my mouth feels really warm, almost like it's hot today. others, including cyber, have mentioned the warm wafty feeling in their mouth. i usually have that too, but like today it's particularly uncomfortable because of the HOT feeling. the air in there also feels even heavier than usual.

am i crazy? i feel kind of crazy. how am i going to tell the doc stuff like this?

](*,)
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

Waitingforrelief,

I think you should not concern about the smell in some of your teeth. Most of people have the fecal odor in some teeth for some reasons. But I do not think that your BB can contribute to that or that it is a sign that your BB is not good for this reason. I know many people who do not have BB, but complain about this kind of odor in their teeth. Although my gums are health and my teeth too, sometimes I have this odor too. But I have to say that after using the floss wet with therabreath toothpast the odor disappears. But I have to do that everyday in order not to have such odor. It seems that any kind of toothpast with the same ingredients of therabreath helps to eliminate the odor between teeth. So, despite of not having this odor anymore, the BB still, which I conclude it does not come from that.
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

A quick update as this time of the year is very busy for me...

I've been to the Post Office today and sent off parcels to those who asked. I sent them recorded delivery and have receipt of postage and electronic tracking numbers in case we need to follow them up later.

I'll pm you individually when I get a spare moment to indicate costs. many thanks for your messages and I wish you speedy delivery of the parcels - really curious to see if the stuff works...

BB so far so good under control and especially so whilst stressed out meeting deadlines etc. :)
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Cyber,

you are so awesome for helping your fellow sufferers! keep us posted. members whom are using mastic gum, keep believing. i am really glad to hear your good news. we need as many options to deal with this disorder as possible.

looking forward to better days for all of us.

john
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

cyber, i wrote you an email. received the package just now. was wondering if you could let me know which is the type that helps you the most. they all look quite similar.

thanks so much.

i'm chewing the gum - it's tasty. :)

hopefully this will work better than the type i've been using.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

noptical, did you ever try the mastic/mastic chewing gum?
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

waitingforrelief wrote:noptical, did you ever try the mastic/mastic chewing gum?
Nope not yet, I haven't gone out looking for it yet, I'm all day home studying for exams.
Its easy for me to find the "ELMA mastic gum" but I don't really think it will help, I need to find original raw chios mastic (maybe I'll go to chios for holidays this year :p )
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

waitingforrelief wrote:cyber, i wrote you an email. received the package just now. was wondering if you could let me know which is the type that helps you the most. they all look quite similar.

thanks so much.

i'm chewing the gum - it's tasty. :)

hopefully this will work better than the type i've been using.
:D this is fab news! I wonder if rahul got his??? rahul please let us know!!!! i've done my bit by sending it to you (unconditionally) - now do your bit by telling us if it works for you!!!!! We're all ears!

The type that works best for me is the more golden transparent resin. It almost looks like a light coloured amber. I can suck on that or drink the essence after steeping it in a glass of water.

I've been monitoring side effects. This is what I noted. I had slight constipation initially, so increased my water intake. I think my body's adjusted to it now because I have normal motions. Let's hope my body doesn't completely adjust to it and that the effect doesn't wear off !!! Or maybe the effect has worn of and the stuff has put my body flora back into balance??? wishful thinking - i doubt it...

I know you will keep reporting and I'm looking forward to some interesting observations...

how different are the samples from the stuff you ordered from the stores?
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

hi cyber, thanks for the email back.

i've soaked one larger piece of that amber stuff in boiling water for just about half an hour to an hour and drank half a glass so far. keeping my fingers crossed. will be working all day around people today, so hopefully it'll do its magic.

i can't thank you enough for sending those packages 'unconditionally", as you said. it's really so very awesome of you :)

it's very different from the stuff i got from the store. yours has much less of an aroma, and it doesn't stick to my cup. the stuff i got has a strong smell (but pleasant), very woody and herbal, kind of. very adhesive haha. and my breath smells like when it ake it. it looks more yellow.

side effect of the stuff that i got was that i'd get very hungry all the time. and i'd have nausea sometimes.

what have you done with the other types so far? do they do anything for you at all?

and the white gooey stuff, is that a chewing gum?
thanks again! :)
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

No, not unconditionally - you paid for it!

I haven't had any nauseas feelings. The white gooey stuff is natural mastic that has been melted apparently. It works a treat and I chew a small piece just before I go into class. The small white/yellow/green blobs are the ones that turn into chewing gum. I can't seem to chew it - it just ends up being plastered across my teeth. On the other hand, my husband can chew it and so can my students. I use it after flossing to keep my breath antiseptic fresh and then floss it out of the gaps. You can also steep it in water.

The processed gum from kurdistan has sugar in it and although i've used it for short-term effect I'd avoid it because of its sugar content.

I don't know what to do with the yellow ones - I didn't notice any effect after using them, but then again I haven't waitid for my BB to go off to try it! The brittle ones have lost their properties apparently. some of them turn into chewing gum. It's used in cooking to take the edge off meat smells in soups and stews. It's also used in sweets, but I'm not sure of its properties.
path
Total Newbie

first use

Post by path »

Just got some mastic from

http://www.eartharoma.com/catalog/produ ... ucts_id=53

still waiting for the pack from cyber.

The stuff I got looks the same as in the picture. It is brittle in the sense that I can crush it into small pieces, but it is also soft upon pressure. The taste isn't strong. I put a small piece in my mouth and after a few minutes it became transparent. It turned into white gum after I chewed it for a minute.

Not sure about the effect for BB, it is only half an hour after the first us and the BB is still there. But it made my stomach grumbled a lot and it made me a little hungry. My stomach grumbling had been eliminated after the third apple-juice-fasting gallstone flush.

I wonder if we should swallow the gum or not? Cyber and waiting, have you tried swallowing mastic?
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

path, i haven't tried that many yet. i tried the one that i got - i never ate that one. it's like glue. :) and the one that i tried that cyber mailed me today turned into this jelly and i did eat that.

it's kind of tangy and a little bit gross. hehe

cyber, you said that you suck on it - how? it's all soft and gelatinous.

my report so far -

like i said, i drank the essence this afternoon at around 3 pm. it is now almost 10 pm. my mouth doesn't feel as dry, but i still have bb. BUT, it's definitely less . again, the one odor that won't go away is the weird metallic smell. it seems to be less pungent, and it also doesn't mix with all kinds of other bad smells anymore. so it does help. but i'd really like the weird odor to go away.

the strange taste in my mouth is a lot lessened, but still there.

but let me stress the fact that all this is unconfirmed by another person. i won't be able to test it out with someone for another 2 weeks. so for now, this is the best of reporting that i can do - based on my own sense of smell and perception.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic