Your Email Address:

First Name:

"No, I don't smell you"

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
lula

"No, I don't smell you"

Post by lula »

If you are losing your mind and second guessing if you have bad breath or not. Everyone who loves you(?) tell you they don't smell you. You blow, talk, and yell in their face, but they seem to not react even if you know for a fact they did or are still reacting. They try to make you think that it is you.
My theory: for the moment that you are speaking, they stop breathing. I have noticed people nose and chest as they breath. When I start to speak their nose stop in mid-flare and start back after I stop speaking. Now, here is the kicker, if I speak for a long time and they have held their breath for a while,they have to come up for air. They take in a deep breath and sometimes it is such a deep breath that they cough uncontrollable. I believe that is why my mother reacted all the time before I told her I have a problem.
So, for those with try stranger reactions, look at the breathing pattern of the one who say they do not smell anything.
Also, all over the site it has been stated your family lie because they love you. That is hard for me to believe. As I was searching on how to deal with the lies and the I don't know what I did but I am soo sorry bullsh@t. I came across this quote as to why people lie to us. "because lying indicates that the liar does not particularly value the person to whom he or she has lied. Why should the person who was lied to even believe that the liar is telling the truth about being sorry?"

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

That is so true

"because lying indicates that the liar does not particularly value the person to whom he or she has lied"

I agree 100%

Nobody values a person with bad breath, a fact, nobody values the relationship with that person
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Carri

Post by Carri »

I am dating a girl that I appreciate a lot right now and during dinner I asked her that I was going to ask a question and needed her to be honest.

I asked her if she noticed bad breath she said no and she never had with me. Later on I saw her checking her breath using her hand, I wanted to ask again but insisting will make me look like a fool. And god it was so hard for me to ask it the first time I didn't want to make it look like I'm obsessed by it, even though I am, it's the only thing that will come to my mind every day of the year. A dream scenario for a cure would be someone telling me that she/he notices it, so I know they're being honest and day by day I try to find a cure until he/she tells me it's gone. But good luck with that.

This morning at the office I was laughing about something and it was a laugh from the throat, I felt the bad breath smell in the air. Maybe it was normal, maybe I didn't put enough effort into brushing in the morning, I mean non-suffering people get bad breath they're not immune to it. But on the other hand maybe it's just chronic and it will be like that until I find the cause. Damn I think I would PAY someone for their honesty.

The effort is so monumental it's scary. First you need an available HONEST person to tell you the truth if you ask them. Even if they say no then you have no way to confirm. Then you start trying stuff, and everything you try you have to test with that person, almost like a scientific experiment. Everything, every routine has to be perfectly executed like in the army, if you don't use this or that after brushing then you have changed the whole 'experiment'. It's amazing how disconcerting it is, really.

But with all of that said, it's not the end of the world, we have our loved ones and we can find someone to trust. Recognize that the test you're going through is very challenging and it takes a great person to accept it and fight back. I admire everyone of you for your willingness to keep fighting.
lula

Post by lula »

My mother and I are going to experiment with different situations. We are not looking for a cure just livable.
Done already
Tonsils/adenoids out
3/4 crowns extracted

Going to do
Nasal spray
Simply saline
All kinds of gum
Lemons
P. jelly
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

From my own personal experience, lemons definitely made my smell worse
dravens

Post by dravens »

JIMI! can you read my PM I have sent to you.
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

I think our families love us very much but its just that they dont understand our issue that makes us think they dont. If one of my family members came up to me complaining of having a disease called "chronic blushing", or "stuttering" I would just respond by saying " so what? you go red every now and then and you stutter your words here and there, get over it", but if you look up those two conditions they are all depressed and sad just like most of us. I just think its a matter of understanding our condition.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

"NO I DON'T SMELL YOU" does not help at all. How is telling us we don't smell helping us? I'd rather be told the truth.

I've been to dentists and doctors and been looked at like im stupid.

but people telling me to stop farting or asking if i've shit myself or farted doesn't indicate a problem. mussst alllllll be in our heads silly us.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic