Your Email Address:

First Name:

What my GI suggested I try...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ttlxman

Post by ttlxman »

Thank you for this information! Chewable peptos have been a great help when I have needed to make sure my breath is bearable for at least an hour or two. The effects don't seem to last much longer than that though.

The first morning after taking them, as expected, I woke up with a horribly black tongue but strangely never saw it again.

ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i just posted this:
viewtopic.php?p=49677#49677

i wonder if that is what is helping me too. however, even on the day i skipped, i didn't have any worse bb than the average person.

i am a it nervous about using this regularly though since the package says not to use more than 14 days or something like that :/

searching: you have been using it daily for several years now?

also, because it is ingested and works in the gut (i use the chewable kind so i think it coats and deals with the bacteria in my mouth too. the pepto bismal coats my tongue for a bit afterwards), do you think this could mean that your/my bb originates mainly in the GI tract rather than orally?
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

I've been on bismuth subsalicylate capsules for the past 3 days and so far I haven't detected any significant changes! I dunno, it's been hard as I've also been sick with a terrible cold so maybe that's affecting my senses.

But all I can say is that this shit is expensive so I hope it works. Another point I must mention is that it didn't turn my tongue black at all, as warned on the bottle's label!

Anyway I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

Cheers.

searching
Master
Post by searching »

Hi ruch,
ruch wrote:searching: you have been using it daily for several years now?
Yes, since 2005; however, I'm [only] a single test subject. For others, this is not advised without consulting a physician.
ruch wrote:because it is ingested and works in the gut (i use the chewable kind so i think it coats and deals with the bacteria in my mouth too. the pepto bismol coats my tongue for a bit afterwards), do you think this could mean that your/my bb originates mainly in the GI tract rather than orally?
In the past I thought my BB source was strictly oral. Now I'm unsure. I am managing my condition well, and to my satisfaction.
I do this by:
• twice-daily brushing with ordinary toothpaste, flossing, and gentle tongue brushing.
• I occasionally use bismuth subsalicylate (40 U.S. cents per day maximum cost) for systemic control of volatile sulfur compounds.
• I orally take Vitamin B complex, pill form.
• I limit carbohydrates.
• occasionally use oral irrigation with plain warm water or salt water
• occasional brushing with alum
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

it is very cheap here.. i think i bought a package of 40 chewable capsules for under $5.

i found this:
http://www.google.com/patents/WO2003045403A1?cl=en
http://www.sydneycompounding.com/diseases/halitosis
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

ruch wrote:it is very cheap here.. i think i bought a package of 40 chewable capsules for under $5.
i found this:
http://www.sydneycompounding.com/diseases/halitosis
The above pharmacy is where I purchased my Bismuth from. It was $100 AUD per 100 capsules and not covered by private health insurance, so I found it so ridiculously expensive! And so far it doesn't seem to be working which is disappointing! But I'll continue to take it for few more weeks and see how it goes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic