Your Email Address:

First Name:

Oral Surgeon visit tomorrow.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FedUp
God

Oral Surgeon visit tomorrow.

Post by FedUp »

Visiting an oral surgeon privately tomorrow.

Gonna see about wisdom removal, I have one fully erupted which when I rub my finger around that area smells like sweaty socks mixed with that bacterial smell. (I've only just come across this and my tongue has the same smell also just a little stronger) and I have a half impacted wisdom tooth that is coming in at an angle. I paid a bit more attention to the fully erupted tooth and it bled like hell. Also I can see little white bits in the flap of the gum. Obviously I'm gonna lay it on thicker than I usually would.

Hopefully I will have a proper x-ray done to see if anything can be done.

I can not keep living like this. Extraction costs a lot of money and if he will do it then good, but if not back to the drawing board i'm sat back on here non the wiser. I will keep updates of any progress not that I'm expecting much.

My mouth just feels heavy and tastes bad all the time.

And something cheered me up this afternoon, a colleague came past me.

She was like "whats that smell?" I thought to myself here we ****ing go, I'm waiting for the "have you farted?" question. To my surprise "you smell really nice, what are you wearing?" I don't get told that too often but that was a shock to me. In my mind my breath fills up the whole area thats how much of a wreck I am.

Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
jamesmcavoy

Re: Oral Surgeon visit tomorrow.

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Congrats dude ,
u see u r going to be cured by this all procedure .just take care you dontt miss anything u mentioned .
after doing all this your tongue smell will soonbe gone .
believe me , whenever i get some vibes about something , that happens .i got the same vibe when i read this .
keep posted
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

FedUp, how much are they charging you for the extraction? I don't have dental insurance at the moment, so I was charged $190. It was worth it though. My gums around the tooth was beginning to hurt and swell. It came out of nowhere too. I just woke up one morning and the pain was there. He took a look at it and said that he'd remove it, and that if any of my other wisdoms began to cause me problems he'd remove them too.

I'd advise you to just lie. Although your wisdoms may not be causing you any pain, this may be the only way to get them out. You're gonna have to tell the surgeon that the tooth is causing you problems. Tell him it's hurting you, and he will have no choice but to remove it. The oral surgeon can't feel your pain. Pain is a symptom not a sign.

Good luck
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Well, well, well.

What an eventful day I've had.

I traveled my way to the surgeon via train crammed up with alot of people and oddly enough I got through it no problems.

I sat down and told him all about my problems I've been having and also said a lot of people have this also as it's a very unique case.

He took an x-ray of my whole mouth. Also he said my gums are very good.

Before he viewed my xray he said that my bottom right was half impacted and the bottom left was vertical but at "a funny angle". I was sat there thinking omg.

He showed me my x-ray and what do you know, there were gum flaps "filled with food and plaque" around my bottom two wisdoms and he mentioned something else about my impacted tooth too.

My upper left wisdom has started poking through BUT both my top wisdoms are growing out "backwards" which he said will cause decay and problems later on.

I'm sat there thinking this can't be it.

But he said he will remove all 4 teeth either privately or refer me through NHS.

But yes my upper wisdoms are fucked under the gum just growing out backwards. Bottom two have pockets.

I'm not gonna jump the gun and say this is my cure but wow I feel great now just knowing that "something" has been found around my wisdoms. My jaw apparently is too small for them and they're "useless teeth".

I'd like to thank the numerous dentists I'd seen who wouldn't entertain the idea of extraction nor a proper X-ray.

I was on the train home it was absolutely crammed and I didn't care about my breath I was too happy inside.

I am gonna relish this happiness for the time being even though extraction may not be my cure.

He said this may not do the trick for me but I replied well I got nothing to lose except four useless teeth. I also asked if any teeth were invading my sinus he said no but the top uppers are close to my sinus floor. He also said my sinuses look clear.

Please let this be my cure, I've endured too much humiliation stress and pain.

I'll keep you posted, I gotta arrange the extraction date on monday.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

coconuthead wrote:FedUp, how much are they charging you for the extraction? I don't have dental insurance at the moment, so I was charged $190. It was worth it though. My gums around the tooth was beginning to hurt and swell. It came out of nowhere too. I just woke up one morning and the pain was there. He took a look at it and said that he'd remove it, and that if any of my other wisdoms began to cause me problems he'd remove them too.

I'd advise you to just lie. Although your wisdoms may not be causing you any pain, this may be the only way to get them out. You're gonna have to tell the surgeon that the tooth is causing you problems. Tell him it's hurting you, and he will have no choice but to remove it. The oral surgeon can't feel your pain. Pain is a symptom not a sign.

Good luck
I'm not sure how much yet, I can get it done for free but will have to wait like 6 months or pay and have it done within the next 2-3 weeks.

I'm in the UK but I was told it would cost over a £1000. But to me happiness is priceless, if this cures me I still have a job and can make more money.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Also can wisdom teeth be a cause of PND?

I know they can cause swollen lymph nodes which my GP mentioned I have and to quote her "usually means infection of the mouth".

I've been doing online research and I'm thinking this may be it for me, god I hope so.

I don't wanna come back in a few weeks time looking stupid.

It's worth noting I do not have allergies or sinusitis, and never had PND until the last few years. What do you think? Does the PND mix with the bacteria in our mouth from the teeth and make the smell worse?
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

all 4 of my wisdom teeth will be removed next wednesday, come on you bastard!!!! Let this be it for me, please.

To spend the money I will be spending I pray this is it.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Mac
Junior

Post by Mac »

Really hope this is it for you. All the best.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Good luck!
Your wisdoms sound more fucked up than any of mine ever were!

(scuse my language there, I was expecting it to get auto-edited)
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I hope they are/were halitosisux.

There can be no other reason for nasal odor. There has gotta be somewhere in our mouth or nose and throat area that is trapping bacteria, just finding it without help is really hard.

I had an ENT appt today it was a follow up to my cyst removal. He seemed pleased i'd found something that could be the root of my nightmare, I thanked him for all his help in putting me in for scans and diagnostics to help me find the cause.

I'm not popping the champagne too early this may not even by my cure but I've checked everything off of the list, what else could it be? One more week I can hardly wait to see the outcome.

And thanks for your support Mac.

I'm gonna try see if I can get a print out of my xrays and if I can, will show you guys.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic