Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

So isn't it about time we discussed *what* it is that's working with the Vit C?

Is it because they make our mouths more acidic, hence making the oral environment less ideal for the anaerobic bacteria?

or is it simply because they increase salivary flow?

or is it the actual Vitamin C itself causing some relief?

or another ingredient?

I'd also be curious to know if someone who's used it for a while has noticed any effects (positive or negative) on their teeth.

Personally I've used some chewable Vit C for a few days, and the mouth definitely *feels* fresher but I have yet to confirm I have less bb.

:-({|=

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i put this in a different topic but got no responses. Here's the repost. I'd be grateful for some responses:

say guys..

i'd rather have some current up to date opinions and methods on the vitamin c, than search that 30 something page thread.

I bought the GNC brand, sugarless.. 500mg

Can all of you tell me what exactly you do with your vitamin c each day? I'm talking indepth.. Where you keep it in your mouth, how long, if you massage it into your tongue or something..

I've been doing the chewable vitamin c for a day now but am unsure.. i just wondered what you recommended. Thanks.
Laka

Post by Laka »

Hi MIke

I've been using sugarless vitamin c now for about a week. I had results from the first day I was using it. My tongue is pink now and my mouth feels fresh. I'm not sure if there is still some odor due to my tonsils in the back of the throat, it's hard to say but it's a million times better!!

When I wake up I brush my teeth, gargle with water and brush the tongue. Then suck on a vit c. After that, I don't really have a "set schedule".. When I eat and I feel there is a little odor from some of the food, I chuck another vit c. Or during the day, if my mouth feels a little dry or when I am hungry and get some bb, I chuck another one.. All in all I think it is about 8 tablets a day (so 4000 mg). I drink at least 2 litres of water a day, preferably more.

When I suck on a tablet I just put it on my tongue and let it slowly dissolve there. I shove it around in my mouth to different areas and as far back as possible without swallowing it. Then I just press down and let it do it's wonders to my tongue.. I also use it around my palate like once or twice during a tablet just to be sure..

I hope that helps.. It has only been a week for me now but I am experiencing a much more normal life that I had never thought possible! Just praying that this won't wear off or something..!! Hope it works for you too!!
issy154
Junior

Post by issy154 »

8 tablets a day? That's a lot.....How much does a bottle cost?
issy154
Junior

Post by issy154 »

Omg, how stupid am I. I just went down to the kitchen and realized my fam. bought a 500 mg bottle of vitamin C that they've been taking. I'm not sure if it's the same one though that you guys are talking about. Is it the Nature Made one?
mjump7

Post by mjump7 »

I'd like to know whether you have bb after you stop taking vitamin c.

It is highly likely that vitamin c is a short-term relief.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

My mouth feels fresher but the bb is still there. I take at least 8 a day.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

A lot of you guys are using the expression "feels fresh". My mouth felt fresher as well using the sugarfree Vit C from GNC. I wonder if the acidity is upsetting anyones stomach?

Also I'm just trying to settle this in my mind. Mostly everyone's mouth feels "fresh", but how about your halitosis problem? I'm not trying to be a smartass, but chewing gum and tictacs also make my mouth feel "fresh". Trying to understand, is it the C, or is it the action of having something in the mouth?

I guess I would like to see more comments about whether your breath still stinks.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

It makes sense if the added saliva in combination with a possible lowering of the pH result in a "Fresher" feeling than tic-tacs etc. The breath is probably better when sucking on a Vit C than when not, but it's obviously a temporary solution. Unless someone thinks the actual Vitamin C is doing something with the bacteria or gases? If so, what / how?

Did anyone notice an effect on your teeth from the Vitamin C?
KC
Junior

Post by KC »

After asking for people here to send me the vit c but ends up got no reply, I bought a GNC chewable 100g vit c with sugar and 500g vit c. The taste of that chewable vit c is a bit weird but its not as sweet as Redoxon. I will let you guys know whether it works or not too.

And btw I finally can smell my ****ing bad breath. After I played my new flute for few minutes, I can smell how stink it is. So that's my breath smell, I will never forget it. And you can also try the water bottle method. Buy some water in supermarket. Drink it and leave it for two days. Once you open the bottle, you can smell your breath too.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

KC wrote:After asking for people here to send me the vit c but ends up got no reply, I bought a GNC chewable 100g vit c with sugar and 500g vit c. The taste of that chewable vit c is a bit weird but its not as sweet as Redoxon. I will let you guys know whether it works or not too.

And btw I finally can smell my ****ing bad breath. After I played my new flute for few minutes, I can smell how stink it is. So that's my breath smell, I will never forget it. And you can also try the water bottle method. Buy some water in supermarket. Drink it and leave it for two days. Once you open the bottle, you can smell your breath too.

aaah.. that's interesting.. i was wondering why a water bottle i left in the car smelled like sunflower oil.. i mean i figured it was because i was oil pulling, but i didn't understand why the smell would be in the bottle..
mjump7

Post by mjump7 »

do any of you here have any dental fillings like gold fillings/teeth?

because I was thinking that each and every one of us may have one or more fillings and teeth. These things are made of metals, not natural to our body. They may cause problems in our mouths like disrupting the saliva formation, causing dryness. My thick, white, bubbly saliva may be due to the reaction between the gold and saliva??

I should ask, "is there anyone who doesn't have dental filings/teeth'?
Laka

Fresh feeling

Post by Laka »

No I wouldn't say that sucking on a tic tac or chewing gum has nearly the same effect.. If I only chew on gum, it's only a VERY temporary relief, meaning just for those couple of minutes. While with the vit c, I don't only feel relief WHILE having it in my mouth but for HOURS AFTERWARDS as well! Chewing gum or having a tic tac doesn't make my tongue pink but vit c does.

I haven't been feeling any side effects except maybe having more energy.. I am worried that this is only a solution until the bacteria get used to the acid and then fight their way back.. but maybe not! I am also somewhat worried about what it will do to the teeth or whatever else.. Side effects and all. I drink a lot of water, hoping that it will flush out whatever is too much for my body.

Has anybody else had side effects?

Btw, I also use the GNC sugarfree brand (500 mg). It's not that easy to find, I usually only see the ones with sugar and when I called a specialized GNC store yesterday they even said they had never heard of sugarfree chewable vit c ](*,) but luckily, it does exist :D
KC
Junior

Post by KC »

mike987 wrote:
KC wrote:After asking for people here to send me the vit c but ends up got no reply, I bought a GNC chewable 100g vit c with sugar and 500g vit c. The taste of that chewable vit c is a bit weird but its not as sweet as Redoxon. I will let you guys know whether it works or not too.

aaah.. that's interesting.. i was wondering why a water bottle i left in the car smelled like sunflower oil.. i mean i figured it was because i was oil pulling, but i didn't understand why the smell would be in the bottle..
yes, it can trap the smell. So next time if your doctors still talking about halitophobia, just let them smell the water bottle. And I'm thinking whether we can send the water bottle to the lab and do the gas research. :?:
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

That water bottle thing happens to everyone, not just bb sufferers, after using the same plastic bottle for a while... it's aging oral bac reacting with the plastic or something. Anyway, not unique for bad breathers :arrow:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic