Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsillectomy (no bb for now, need your advice)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mtr
Advanced

Tonsillectomy (no bb for now, need your advice)

Post by mtr »

I had tonsillectomy 8 days ago. My tonsils were big with crypts but as long as im aware of I didn't ever have tonsil stones or my tonsils smelled bad when I touched them. Doctor prescribed be antibiotics which I finished the course just today.

The past week although it was painful and I hardly scrubbed the front part of my tongue morning and evening, IT WAS THE 2ND TIME IN MY LIFE I FELT SO FRESH FOR THE WHOLE WEEK (1st time it was with lufenuron 6 years ago). My tongue is white but when i touch it with my finger there is no smell, even though I am eating every day dairy (greek yoghurt) and ice cream. Even at night just before I brush my teeth there is no smell and no morning breath. Only the other day I had a slight vinegar smell at the back of my tongue but I think it was because of LPR as I was eating and laying all day.

I am very very happy to experience this and I really wish this can last. However, as I read previous posts about tonsillectomy.. this is probably the antibiotics effect.. I am certain that my breath is caused due to bacteria and I feel its a lifetime opportunity on how I preserve it from now on..

I am thinking of starting prebiotics & probiotics in 2-3 days when I will be more comfortable with swallowing. In regards to diet only no sugar & dairy..

What do you think?? I don't want to mess it up...

buddi
Junior

Re: Tonsillectomy (no bb for now, need your advice)

Post by buddi »

thats nice ! yeah cryptic tonsils mite cause this, though there are'nt any stones present.
How about other tests? have you got any other ENT related tests aswell?
Anyways, hope this breath is permanent
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
aydinmur
God

Re: Tonsillectomy (no bb for now, need your advice)

Post by aydinmur »

mtr wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 pm I am very very happy to experience this and I really wish this can last. However, as I read previous posts about tonsillectomy.. this is probably the antibiotics effect.. I am certain that my breath is caused due to bacteria and I feel its a lifetime opportunity on how I preserve it from now on..
Wait >2 months after tonsillectomy to decide halitosis cured or not.
-M
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic