Your Email Address:

First Name:

Building a halitometer

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Helpus
Re: Building a halitometer

Post by Helpus »

Hi fog,ive tried the red protege zm h2s not getting any readings at all,returning to sender,then i will try the other model you found

winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Helpus wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:55 pm Hi fog,ive tried the red protege zm h2s not getting any readings at all,returning to sender,then i will try the other model you found
Any update on the other model?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Some gas sensors
Gas sensor for Ammonia (NH3 ) and hydrogen sulfide (H2S)
Gas sensor for hydrogen sulfide (H2S) IndSci
Gas sensor for hydrogen sulfide (H2S) Alfasense
Operational amplifier (respectively)

- Murat
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Fog and helpus, update please?
Helpus

Post by Helpus »

Nothing to update at the mo
Waiting on funds to buy another model 140euro
Smilingagain
Advanced

Post by Smilingagain »

fog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:45 pm BB is hard to pinpoint, tainted with phobia and guesswork. Many dont have or dread asking someone else about the smell, and if we do can we trust what they say? We need a something more objective, a machine that gives us a number. This would be a huge help to find what works when we try all the "cures".

Murat Aydin on this forum(viewtopic.php?p=64798#p64798) builds his own halitometer to measure the smelly gases.

To build the device we need the parts and a guide to put them together, not an impossible task. I personally dont have the skills to do it without a simple to understand guide. Hoping we could gather the information together in this thread.

A sensor needed for measuring the gas (H2S = hydrogen sulfide) called MQ136, costs about 30 USD.
Simply search on amazon or ebay. No idea of the quality needed or if there are cheaper ones. I assume this will be more of a budget build.

Now lets figgure out the rest...

☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️

@fog, thanks for your suggestion. I respect the opinion of everyone but, don't you think we should concentrate our effort or team up to build more tangible stuff which could help eradicate our bb.

Sincerely, my bad breath is a real to me as i breath-in & breath-out. So i don't need any instrucment to tell me when the level of bb is high or low. similarly, i donot need to ask someone if, i'm having bad breath or not.

My tongue is the greatest sensor which i ever need. it determines & tell me when my breath is very sticky (maybe during stressful daily routine) when is low ..ecc

**So let's not add-up to lot of fake instrument's (theralbreath halimeter) on the web which are of little or no use.

**Let's team-up together and discuss on how to be of help to ourselve.

One sickness cannot conquer & keep defeating over 10,000 people secretly.

Regard's
Smilinagain
☑ FRESHMINT => Xylitol gum keep's my breath fresh during hot summer https://bit.ly/2NFk3pN
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Smilingagain wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:11 pm
fog wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:45 pm BB is hard to pinpoint, tainted with phobia and guesswork. Many dont have or dread asking someone else about the smell, and if we do can we trust what they say? We need a something more objective, a machine that gives us a number. This would be a huge help to find what works when we try all the "cures".

Murat Aydin on this forum(viewtopic.php?p=64798#p64798) builds his own halitometer to measure the smelly gases.

To build the device we need the parts and a guide to put them together, not an impossible task. I personally dont have the skills to do it without a simple to understand guide. Hoping we could gather the information together in this thread.

A sensor needed for measuring the gas (H2S = hydrogen sulfide) called MQ136, costs about 30 USD.
Simply search on amazon or ebay. No idea of the quality needed or if there are cheaper ones. I assume this will be more of a budget build.

Now lets figgure out the rest...

☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️

@fog, thanks for your suggestion. I respect the opinion of everyone but, don't you think we should concentrate our effort or team up to build more tangible stuff which could help eradicate our bb.

Sincerely, my bad breath is a real to me as i breath-in & breath-out. So i don't need any instrucment to tell me when the level of bb is high or low. similarly, i donot need to ask someone if, i'm having bad breath or not.

My tongue is the greatest sensor which i ever need. it determines & tell me when my breath is very sticky (maybe during stressful daily routine) when is low ..ecc

**So let's not add-up to lot of fake instrument's (theralbreath halimeter) on the web which are of little or no use.

**Let's team-up together and discuss on how to be of help to ourselve.

One sickness cannot conquer & keep defeating over 10,000 people secretly.

Regard's
Smilinagain
We need feedback to improve. For all we know, something we tried had reducea our BB, but we wrote it off because we still got a lot of reactions.

Almost all of us cannot smell ourselves. Most people also cannot find reliable human feedback. So machine could be the next best thing.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Almost all of us cannot smell ourselves. Most people also cannot find reliable human feedback. So machine could be the next best thing.

if an individual says "I have halitosis" then, he is a patient with halitosis.

It is almost impossible to diagnose Halitosis by one measurement with use a sulfide detector. Because Gas concentrations of halitosis alter within day even every 120 seconds.

Halitometers should be used for
1) confirmation,
2) comparing two conditions
3) monitoring therapy of halitosis

Would you like to check thie paper out:
http://www.drmurataydin.com/halitosis-muayene.pdf

-Murat
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic