Your Email Address:

First Name:

your daily regime

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
cat

your daily regime

Post by cat »

firstly, i feel like i am spamming the board with new topics... so sorry about that :P

secondly, i was wondering what everyone's daily mouthcare regime is like?

i basically tongue-scrape and brush in the morning, and brush again at night. i floss every now and again, and sometimes i use dentyl ph mouthwash... i would floss and use the mouthwash regularly, but i feel it makes ***k all difference to the extent of my bad breath so rarely bother :roll:

so, what do you guys do every morning? are there any *must-have* products that you'd recommend? any processes you go through that significantly (or slightly) reduce the bad breath?

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I completely understand your point about flossing. It's like you can polish the lid of a trash bin, but the inside smells so bad, it doesn't matter.

The only slight difference is that one tiny piece of food stuck... could be a 1mm fiber of chicken... Billions of bacteria will find their way to it and that is like Thanksgiving dinner for all of 'em. You may not notice it, but there is a feast going on in your mouth. Think about it that way. Every piece of food in your mouth is an invitation to exponentially multiple the creatures between your teeth and on the surface of your tongue.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

I would recommend dentyste thootpaste (it´s selled in Asia, but maybe someone ship it worldwide) gives a slight improvement,

Tung brush and tung gel, still testing, but seems to help
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

I'm having some success with nasal irrigation in the morning, tung brush, and trying to eat more fruits/vegetables, no dairy, and limited red meat. Also, probiotics might be helping me as well. And like everyone else has been saying lately, don't let the stress get to you, that helps my BB greatly ;)
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Has anyone tried Colgate Total ? It's your average toothpaste but with an antibacterial agent that supposedly works for 12 hours.
bleh
Junior

Post by bleh »

I noticed out of all over-the-counter toothpastes, Crest Pro-Health gave me the best results. Colgate Total works for a day or two, but in the long run I think it made my breath worse.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

i do the same thing morning and night:

1. dip my tung brush in alcohol to sanitize it, then rinse it with water
2. brush my teeth and gums with the tung brush using crest lemon fresh toothpaste
3. rinse and then dip my tung brush in alcohol to sanitize it. rinse it with water again
4. brush my tongue with tung brush using crest lemon fresh toothpaste
5. rinse my tung brush, dip in alcohol, and store it
6. rinse my mouth thoroughly with acidic 100% juice (ex. DOLE orange, pineapple banana blend)
7. then i pour 10mL of water in a cup and add 1/4 of Dr. Katz K12 probiotic. i rinse and gargle for about 60 sec.
8. then i eat yogurt or drink a probiotic shot from Dannon (s. salivarius works best with one of the bacteria in yogurts b. bulgarious or something).

today i can report my bb is gone. it was really bad before. i mean bad.
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Sweets, how long have you been using the K12 probiotics and did u buy just the probiotics by themself?
emotional rescue
Sheriff

sweets07 wrote:i do the same thing morning and night:

1. dip my tung brush in alcohol to sanitize it, then rinse it with water
2. brush my teeth and gums with the tung brush using crest lemon fresh toothpaste
3. rinse and then dip my tung brush in alcohol to sanitize it. rinse it with water again
4. brush my tongue with tung brush using crest lemon fresh toothpaste
5. rinse my tung brush, dip in alcohol, and store it
6. rinse my mouth thoroughly with acidic 100% juice (ex. DOLE orange, pineapple banana blend)
7. then i pour 10mL of water in a cup and add 1/4 of Dr. Katz K12 probiotic. i rinse and gargle for about 60 sec.
8. then i eat yogurt or drink a probiotic shot from Dannon (s. salivarius works best with one of the bacteria in yogurts b. bulgarious or something).

today i can report my bb is gone. it was really bad before. i mean bad.

I´m so happy for you sweets....

please keep us updated of your improvement.....
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

lastone69 wrote:Sweets, how long have you been using the K12 probiotics and did u buy just the probiotics by themself?
i've been using them for a month. i started with the k12 lozenges but i think the powder is more efficient. i order it alone.

my routine doesn't follow the rules which is why i think it works. i believe k12 has to be used twice daily for months to insure that the k12 will colonize effectively in the mouth. i have no more coating on the tongue and no more bad tastes even in the morning. i'll let you know if these results are long term or not. my feeling is they will have a dramatic if not permanant effect on my breath long term.
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

Ya, I really think I'm going to order the K12- BLiss and give it a try seeing the success so far. Also, they're are doing a buy one get one free on the K12.
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

So Sweets you just use over the counter toothpaste (Crest)? Those usually make my breath terrible.... I use Therabreath and it works a little -- better than over the counter brands. Would love to just be able to walk into the drug store and buy toothpaste and not Therabreath.

And I think I'm going to try to K-12 as well!
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

sadgirlbb wrote:So Sweets you just use over the counter toothpaste (Crest)? Those usually make my breath terrible.... I use Therabreath and it works a little -- better than over the counter brands. Would love to just be able to walk into the drug store and buy toothpaste and not Therabreath.

And I think I'm going to try to K-12 as well!

yeah. most toothpastes have products in them that make your mouth pH basic which is problematic for us. furthermore, many of them contain antibacterials that put selective pressure on the bb bacteria in our mouths, ultimately making the bb bacteria more resistant and aggressive while simultaneously weakening the probiotic bacteria.

i use crest lemonfresh because it doesn't have anything in it that would be harmful to my breath and also i hate the taste of mint.

good luck with the K12. just remember not to eat/swallow it. i did that once and almost went into septic shock, but i have no way to prove it was the K12 that caused me to get so sick.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

lastone69 wrote:Ya, I really think I'm going to order the K12- BLiss and give it a try seeing the success so far. Also, they're are doing a buy one get one free on the K12.
Hi!
where is that?? do you have a link??

thanks
lastone69
Junior

Post by lastone69 »

emotional rescue wrote:
lastone69 wrote:Ya, I really think I'm going to order the K12- BLiss and give it a try seeing the success so far. Also, they're are doing a buy one get one free on the K12.
Hi!
where is that?? do you have a link??

thanks

Its the Therabreath K12 Blis thats doing that special.

Sweets, i was wondering also if ur on any type of diet. For instance im on a strict candida diet. Also, do you have PND and if so has it let up at all and do you have problems with your tonsils at all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic