Your Email Address:

First Name:

My victim today

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
john_bb
Advanced

My victim today

Post by john_bb »

It was in the afternoon today....I was little dehydrated and hungry. My boss called for an urgent one to one meeting.

I was sure that my breath will knock him out...

The meeting started and he was so uncomfortable...
I knew it (no surprise)
I got involved in the conversation and started to explain him my work (now my breath goes even worse)

after 3 minutes my boss stood up....
he cannot take it anymore..
but he knew that I am brilliant (that's why I am able to survive)...he cannot loose me...he needs to speak to me..

He rolled back his chair miles away from me (say 10 feet) and asked me to explain the things on a white board...

I could see the "unbearable pain" in his face today...

By the grace of God I hope I will find a cure soon... [-o<

My boss has been my victim today...
I would say he is my best victim..
I test all my breath products on him...
I could clearly see different degrees of effectiveness of the BB products through his expressions...

"Ohh God!! save my Boss..give me fresh breath"

John
the bad breath king :lol:

Breathless
Total Newbie

Post by Breathless »

I feel for you man. I supose mints and gum dont work for you. Maybe you could carry some food like an apple, juice or some kind of snack to eat during the day and just before you go to these kind of meetings? In my case bb is worst on a empty stomach, maybe you could try eating something every 2/3 hours. It will help you reduce your breath until you find a better solution.
deebo

Re: My victim today

Post by deebo »

Dam John . hahah . funny that your boss never said a thing but move the seat back . i've had people do this but i just fill the whole room with bb gas .

Did you try something before the meeting ? like drink water or gums ? today i tested my breath at work a few times . i drank warm blueberry tea all day . This week is certain much better than last week , for sure .
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Breathless, some of us can eat till we burst, it won't help! Sadly, some of us have a horrible pungent smell that sticks to the air when we walk. A smell that makes people who are nearby feel violated and assaulted. A smell that makes you an object of disgust for everyone. A smell that does not budge no matter how you scrape, brush, what you eat, drink.

But thanks anyway for the kind thought. Apparently some people on this board have the kind of mild bb that only their partners can smell when they kiss and it might just work for one of them.

(Sorry if I sound sarcastic, but it is because I'm bloody jealous. Believe me, I envy you with my whole heart.)
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I find that trying to eat something at a time like that only makes it worse. There is something about the way food immediately breaks down or mixes in that putrifies the oral/throat area even more. I know this from lots of experience. Try eating an apple near someone and see their reactions when you swallow. When you swallow that gas seeps through the air and is killer. Heck water doesn't even work. Best thing, which STILL doesn't work is to run to the bathroom and try swishing hot water, and then take a few BIG swallows of water and imagine swallowing all that crud down. Lastly, really try to relax.
Breathless
Total Newbie

Post by Breathless »

jen,
Im sorry for you. My bb is not the room filling type you are describing. To be honest i have never come across someone with this kind of breath, but im pretty sure i would not feel disgust i would try to help in some way. If there is a good thing in this bad breath thing is we all are learning to have compassion. Hope you get better soon.
perrymason
Advanced

Post by perrymason »

jen wrote:Breathless, some of us can eat till we burst, it won't help! Sadly, some of us have a horrible pungent smell that sticks to the air when we walk. A smell that makes people who are nearby feel violated and assaulted. A smell that makes you an object of disgust for everyone. A smell that does not budge no matter how you scrape, brush, what you eat, drink.

But thanks anyway for the kind thought. Apparently some people on this board have the kind of mild bb that only their partners can smell when they kiss and it might just work for one of them.

(Sorry if I sound sarcastic, but it is because I'm bloody jealous. Believe me, I envy you with my whole heart.)
I completely understand...same situation. Reading all these posts are depressing me...

Need to keep up with my routine and not get discouraged. Stay optimistic :]
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Elliott,
I think swallowing hot water is a good idea. But first I bend my head way down and clear my throat very vigorously two or three times to get the mucus out. It's amazing how much mucus accumulates in my throat. I think it turns stale and is good food for anaerobic bacteria. The exhaled air passing over that part of the throat picks up the bad odor. After the throat clearing, I take two or three big gulps of hot water to wash the rest of the mucus down to the stomach. This procedure along with tongue scraping seems to diminish my breath odor quite a bit, even without brushing the teeth.
I have not figured out where the mucus comes from.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

Thanks folks for your suggestions and kind words..

No matter what I do...if I start speaking to ppl..my breath stinks...

Just before I had the meeting I rinsed with Biotene mouth wash and drank 1 glass of water..

Some how even if I drink lot of water..my body seems like a sponge...I dont know where it goes..

I drink a gallon a day (literally)

:)
John
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Breathless, you are truly a kind soul. Bless you.

Pervy, hey, I don't want to make people depressed with my posts. I was venting the whole day, but I feel better now that I got some bitterness out of my system. It's true that you should stay optimistic. My breath is in fact much, much better at the moment. I think what got to me was the fear of it becoming so BAD again.

John, if you can apply a little humour in this kind of situation like you do, bb won't ever get you down. You will beat it, I feel it in my bones.
stulla

Post by stulla »

jen wrote:Breathless, some of us can eat till we burst, it won't help! Sadly, some of us have a horrible pungent smell that sticks to the air when we walk. A smell that makes people who are nearby feel violated and assaulted. A smell that makes you an object of disgust for everyone. A smell that does not budge no matter how you scrape, brush, what you eat, drink.

definetly can relate.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Phantasist wrote:Elliott,
I think swallowing hot water is a good idea. But first I bend my head way down and clear my throat very vigorously two or three times to get the mucus out. It's amazing how much mucus accumulates in my throat. I think it turns stale and is good food for anaerobic bacteria. The exhaled air passing over that part of the throat picks up the bad odor. After the throat clearing, I take two or three big gulps of hot water to wash the rest of the mucus down to the stomach. This procedure along with tongue scraping seems to diminish my breath odor quite a bit, even without brushing the teeth.
I have not figured out where the mucus comes from.
I 'believe' the mucous comes from the colon, which is it's defense mechanism. For me, the mucous keeps coming. There is probably only 5% of it in the throat area that I can discharge. 5 minutes later after hacking I can try again, and all the thick sour stink stuff comes right back. I can't tell if swishing and stuff actually aggravates it and makes it worse.

You can eat, or not eat at all. Same bad odor. I've been eating brown rice cakes all day. It helps a tiny bit, as there's no after taste and residue that mixes in. But a few hours later, bet it will break down just like everything else and stink.

Stay calm... it's the best defense. I can feel how anxiety instantly dries the mouth and produces even more mucous. As suggested, think happy and have a lighthearted attitude about it. Pretend to yourself ALOT and try to avoid the reality of this nightmare.
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

elliott wrote:try to avoid the reality of this nightmare.
This is how I survived for more years than I want to count. Even though I KNEW from other people's reactions just how really bad it was, I somehow couldn't really believe it. Still can't. I get moments when the reality hits me and then I want to kill myself, so I immediately try to push it away as though it can't be real.
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Actually I don't know whether I should use past tense or present tense. Bb is still there, but worst nasal odour is gone. Phobia is bad though. Don't know if it is going to come back and the slightest things other people do (e.g. cough in my presence) put me on guard and make me very nervous.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Elliot . have you done any testing or scans for the sinuses ,bronchial tubes,lungs ,etc yet ? Any blood tests ?

i'm still curious why some of us have worse bb after eating too . and warm water or teas help me too . i really want to get samples of it all tested to see whats in the stuff.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic