Your Email Address:

First Name:

Please try this

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
eric85686
Total Newbie

Please try this

Post by eric85686 »

Please forgive me if the following advice is nonsensical. Although this seems safe for me, please try this at your own risk.

I really want to contribute and help everyone because I have suffered this horror all my life.

I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Every mouthwash is a scam to make money out of us.

However, I have realised something. Basically, bb is caused by microorganisms. These microorganisms have an outer cell membrane made up of lipids i.e. fats.

Now, we all know that we use soap to wash away fats. The soap simply emulsifies fats and solubilises the fats so that the fats dissolves in water and can be washed away.

I thought to myself about a year ago to wash my mouth with soap to dissolve away the bacteria. What a stupid thought!! And I forgot about actually doing it.

Well, a few days ago, I flossed and instead of putting toothpaste on my brush, I rubbed my toothbrush on the bar of soap so that a large amount of soap was on my toothbrush, and I brushed with it.

I always brush thoroughly, and I always brush my tongue. With toothpaste, there is no real improvement, there is always a white yellow coating on my tongue that just gets worse during the day.

It is strange brushing with soap, but there is actually no taste. But after brushing with soap, my tongue looked a light pink!

It is crazy, my tongue is almost pink, just a little white.

My tongue has never been this clean before, by the evening there is a light layer build up but it is a huge improvement.

There is no change in taste, no burning sensation or anything. My teeth seem fine.

The soap I used was a regular bar of white LUX soap, not the fancy fragrant soaps.

Process:
Floss then soften soap bar with some water, put a large amount on the toothbrush and brush thoroughly. Rinse at least ten times with water. DO NOT SWALLOW.
There will be a huge difference – you will know what I mean in a few days.
The benefits last for about 5 hours, then you would need to brush again. I suggest brushing with proper toothpaste in the evening for the benefits on fluoride etc.

Please note: Soap is made from oils such coconut oil and sodium hydroxide (caustic soda). The oil reacts with the caustic soda to form soap. Obviously, caustic soda is toxic but after reacting with oils it is neutralised. However, the pH is still quite high at about 9. I think that the soap washes away the bacteria and the high pH prevents more bacteria for about 5 hours.

Most soaps should also be okay, but DO NOT USE soaps that contain antibacterial agents etc – these are not to be used internally.
Most soaps contain additives which are ok, but PLEASE, DO NOT USE A SOAP CONTAINING ANTIBACTERIAL AGENTS ETC IN YOUR MOUTH.

[/b]

Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Soap is alkaline and though this may work for some, it really does not get to the root of the cause.
But 5 hrs of bb free, tempts me to try this.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

this crossed my mind before and may have actually tried it once but gagged because of the taste. maybe i should give it a try, what the hell. lol
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I don't think antibacterial soap would be a problem in your mouth as long as you rinse well and don't swallow it.

Along this same subject, I have recently begun to make my own toothpaste by mixing Baking Soda with a little 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. I did this because I recently began to suspect that I might be allergic (or sensitive) to an ingredient in toothpaste. So far, I have noticed an improvement, but it's too early to tell if this will be the complete answer. I will keep it up for a couple fo weeks.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Hi Phantasist,
1)Do you know the baking soda and hydrogen per oxide ratio to make this toothpaste? And since hydrogen per oxide is working a little for me, I might well make this tooth paste now. Just do not want any other chemical reaction if I get the wrong ratio.
2) How long have you been using this toothpaste?
3) Do you brush after every meal with this toothpaste or you alternate ? Thanks,
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Tibya,

I put about a half a teaspoon of Baking Soda into a small plastic dish and then add a few drops of Hydrogen Peroxide, just enough to make a paste. It seems to be working fine and I think it keeps your teeth just as clean as toothpaste. Commercial toothpaste has ingredients in it such as Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and sweeteners that I suspect make my breath odor worse.
I have only used my home-made toothpaste for three days, so it is too early to say anything conclusive, but it looks good.

The reason why I did this was because I have had a chin rash for about a year and I was about to see a dermatologist about it. But I started thinking real hard about what might be causing this, and I realized that when I brush my teeth a lot of the toothpaste bubbles out of my mouth and runs down my chin. That's the exact spot where I have the rash. Now after three days of not using regular toothpaste, the chin rash is getting better. There must be something in regular toothpaste that is causing a problem. I don't know what it is, but it might be causing a problem in my mouth also. I might actually be allergic to something in the toothpaste. My breath odor seems to be diminishing, but after only three days, it is too early to draw any conclusions.

The chin rash was driving me crazy because it was horribly itchy. The more I scratched it, the worse it got. The itch is practically gone already and I hope that within a few days the redness and the flaking skin will be gone also. If this happens, I will know that the store-baught toothpaste was the cause, and I will not use it again.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic