Your Email Address:

First Name:

Something has helped to some degree. Here's what I've done..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mike987
Super Angel

Something has helped to some degree. Here's what I've done..

Post by mike987 »

My breath is definitely better than it was.
I'm don't think I'm cured (still have seen some reactions.. still get dry mouth), but there has been an improvement, I'm sure of it.. I used to get reactions everyday...
Now I don't know if it's because I've been working with people who have become able to withstand my BB better, or that I've become a pro at keeping my breath out of people's faces, or actually because it's not nearly as offensive as it was... Again, I've had a couple days where I thought I was getting some reactions.. comments.. but yeah, it used to be worse, I feel....

Anyway, here's what I've done:

- Took a dose of Lufenuron .. No side effects. Can't say if it did a thing or not.. Considering a second order just in case.

- Have been dripping some grape fruit seed extract into my Water Pik.
I don't know if this is having an effect either... I still have red dots all over my body, particularly my bust, ever since starting it though... Now it's either the grape fruit seed extract causing it, or the laundry detergent my room mate has been using.. Both started around the same time I noticed it. In any case, I'm getting sick of it. I've had these dots all over me for a month.. it's a concern.

- Have been Vegetarian for over a month. First week I dropped a lot of weight, so I added cheese to the diet.. Now, I'm adding milk too (as of today).. Dairy doesn't really seem to be an offender here.... Before I went vegetarian though, I was still eating ridiculously healthy.. I had dropped it down to no meats except chicken, and still didn't see the results I have after having gone vegetarian.

I eat two kinds of main meals.. 1. Frozen vegetables and cheese with brown rice on top and 2. Big Salad (carrots, cucumbers, spinach, walnuts, raisins, apple vinegar.. honestly feel like eating vinegar everyday keeps my mouth cleaner)
Oh, I'll also eat a big bowl of plain oatmeal with raisins/walnuts every couple days. Other than the oats, I still stay away from gluten.

I also blend vegetables including fruits like bananas, avocados, prunes.. If I'm not eating a meal, I'm snacking on carrots, walnuts/almonds/cashews.

On a rare occasion, I'll throw some eggs into the salad.

- CloSYS Mouthwash and Toothpaste. I don't think the toothpaste does much. I don't use it everyday.. I like to mix up my toothpastes..
But I've been gargling the Cloysis every day for the last few weeks... I don't know if this is stopping my BB, but it really does make my mouth feel clean and stay clean for a long time... If this is what's doing the trick, I pray it doesn't lose its effectiveness. Having tried all kinds of stupid mouthwashes, I gotta say, this is probably the best I've ever used. Maybe the vegetarian diet keeps the bacteria at bay and the closys beats them down further, but I've never felt this positive about a mouthwash before. I'm not convinced it's the second coming of christ, but I think I'd recommend a try.

Also, that acidity in my saliva I always complained about.. Still have that every once in awhile, but not ALL the time like it used to be... Maybe I just can't break down animal flesh? I don't know..

Oh, I'm also taking Vitamin B12, Iron, Vitamin C, and Serotonin Supplements, but these are to keep my energy up and my mood good.

Well, what do you think.. Anyone else try vegetarian? Btw, it's a pretty raw diet. I don't cook anything except rice and on occasion I'll boil eggs. I'll heat up oats and vegetables in the microwave.

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

So my breath is almost certainly improved..

But I noticed yesterday my teeth are not just being stained, but having a weird dark, grime look in the crevices. There's no real grime there though. It almost looks to be the beginning of what I'll call 'Beetle Juice Teeth'.. They look unclean.. At first I thought it was food but it won't come off.

Could this be the result of the CloSYS??
... a result of the new diet?
.. due to reduced use of sulfide toothpastes? ... reduced use of whitening toothpastes?
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

No mike, it's the GSE that stains the teeth . believe it or not i went to the dentist like a month a go, he did some cleaning and right after that i started using GSE, guess what my teeth became yellow stains on them again less than two weeks .
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

It's not a yellow staining... It's like a black, dirty looking staining, and it's in all the crevices, including the tops of my teeth and around white fillings. Makes it look like I'm not brushing and flossing, which I do regularly, in addition to water pik. Ugh.

I think it might be the result of a vegetarian diet. .. Anyway, it seems like it's getting worse.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

good to hear things are getting better for you!

cannot be the veg diet. i have been vegetarian for nearly 15 years now, and i know many vegetarians. there is nothing about a veg diet that can possibly be staining your teeth like that.

i have tried closys but unfortunately it has never worked for me. :(
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

My tongue has been black a lot lately.. I think it's the same kind of dark color that's forming in every crevice of my mouth..

Maybe the vinegar is burning away at my mouth, teeth, and tongue, and all the veggies I'm eating are staining those areas much more easily?

.. Or do you suppose it's the closys???

I'm running low on Closys, so I've only been taking one cap in the morning and night instead of two caps... until I can have more ordered.. For some reason Amazon changed their mind since my last order and won't ship here... So I have to have my Dad ship it to me.

Anyway, yesterday and today, I sensed a bad fart smell when close to people. I don't know if they noticed, but I certainly got the backdraft....

Yesterday I drank a pint of milk... Makes my farts stink.. I wonder if that's why the backdraft of my breath is nasty farts once again... Ugh.... So maybe milk is a no go after all..... Guess I'm done with Milk...

I also wonder if screaming my lungs out at karaoke a couple days ago might have created some nasty mucus in my throat..

I gotta say, life has been much better recently, .. I pray that the backdraft I was getting today and yesterday were due to the milk, and not due to either the Closys becoming ineffective, or some other thing. There's something severely medically wrong if someone's breath smells like diarrhea farts EVERY ****ing day.
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

Mike,

Regarding the staining and black tongue, I would suspect the iron supplements. Are you taking liquid or pill form? What dosage? Try googling "chromogenic bacteria", one of them specifically reacts to iron. I hope this helps.

Lisa
rikki

Post by rikki »

Hey Mike. Is it possible that your body is too acidic? I read a post on this site a while ago (can’t remember which, sorry) that said some of us have acidic bodies and that we need to follow an alkalizing diet. One of the major parts of an alkaline diet is to cut out meat. This could be why the acidic taste in your mouth has decreased. I find that I have many of the same symptoms as you (gas, bloating, sour taste) and am hoping to cut out meat as well. I’m not 100% sure about this all but it is worth a shot.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

LisaLisa, I was taking the iron supplement (pill form) for a while before ever seeing this.. Lately I've also been taking a flintstone vitamin which I like to suck on. Still, this isn't the first time I've been taking that kind of thing either...

Rikki, I'm open to that idea, though I'd be curious to the reason why that might be the case for us. Do you have the link to that post? I think I might have seen it around too. So what's in an alkalizing diet?? If I overload on alkalizing stuff, I could open my diet to a little more options.. Right now, I'm managing, and it's not too bad, but man, I'm craving some real food.

If I see many more reactions, I might just go on the 'eat anything and everything' diet again. Maybe I'm just not getting enough carbs because my metabolism is too fast?? maybe I'm in a constant state of something like ketosis?? I'm always hungry and I have no fat on my body. My body feels like it's eating my muscles....
rikki

Post by rikki »

Mike, this is the post I was referring to: viewtopic.php?t=3886&highlight=pancreas
This member pretty much says that we have low pancreatic enzymes (which most of us have heard before) and that our bodies are too acidic. He suggests taking digestive enzymes with food and following an alkaline diet which mainly consists of fruits and veggies and limits your consumption of animal products. You can find a list of these foods by doing an internet search of the alkaline diet. It is pretty easy to find although I have found some inconsistencies between lists.
I’m not yet fully convinced about the alkaline diet but I found it very intriguing that you have had success from going vegetarian.
I really want to try it but I can’t afford to lose any more weight and these diets really take a toll on our bodies.
I am 100% sure that my bb comes from my digestive tract and know that we will eventually get rid of it. We just have to look at all possible solutions and try whatever seems plausible.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

riki, If you're worried about losing weight, surprisingly, I'm going to tell you it shouldn't be a concern if you're going vegetarian.

I resisted for the longest time precisely because I also feared I'd lose weight.

I'm a thin guy, and I've always had trouble keeping weight on, even if I ate icecream sundaes every night and burgers and all else.

Anyway, I switched to vegetarian. I did lose a few kilos at first, but after figuring out what I should be eating, I gained it back.. I still haven't gained back what I lost after going full time again at work (stopped eating every moment of my waking life.. that was tough.. that was a chore and a job and it's exhausting and barely works, but at one point I was up to about 60 kilos), but I did put weight back on to an acceptable level.

My point is, you can actually gain weight on a vegetarian diet, if you're eating enough calories, and it's not much more difficult than not doing a vegetarian diet I think.. It's as though even when I was eating anything and everything, my body wasn't absorbing much anyway.

Just make sure you're eating nuts.. avocados.... Personally I've been eating cheese (Hasn't given me that acidic taste in the mouth much, though butter seems to, and milk does so I'm not doing that)

Throw fatty nuts (I do walnuts mostly) and a small amount of cheese on your salads.. That will really fill you up, no kidding. Also, forget lettuce, eat some greens that have more density. I've been eating spinach.

My other main meal is a large plate of frozen vegetables (brocolli carrots, calloflower,; along with either peas, corn, or sometimes a mix of types of beans), with a small amount of cheese and lots of brown rice piled on top.

I often eat a vat of plain yogurt, and when I'm sick of salads or think I should eat but don't feel like it, I'll blend a bunch of vegetables and stuff and simply drink it.. If I'm out and about, I'll just bring a couple carrots with me, maybe a bag of almonds.. Good stuff.

I'm no longer concerned about losing weight on this diet any more than any other diet really. Sometimes I think that I'll actually lose more weight by eating things my body doesn't seem to like... But being vegetarian isn't all that hard, I've found.

I think you should give it a shot.

Honestly, i don't know if it's done much for my breath or not. It sure feels like it, but that Closys gives me comfort too, though I'm concerned it's losing effectiveness. Also, my eczema has been flaring up a tiny bit, but never crossing the line into rash territory.. I just know it's there and it keeps showing itself and retreating.. Did the Lufenoron put it down before?? I need to order another dose of that soon, for my peace of mind.
rikki

Post by rikki »

Hi Mike. Thank you for the reply but I was just wondering if you still have any gas/bloating or digestive dicomfort on this new diet?

I have tried pretty much everything including Lufeneron without ANY success. The only time I have had any relief was when I went on a diet where I ate absolutely nothing but green vegetables and meat and even then the results were minimal after 3-4 weeks (and I lost a ton of weight).

Thanks for the encouragement on this diet. I am going to give it a shot minus the dairy products. I just read the post “Something is working for me” by incamaya who is also having success on a vegetarian diet. Maybe there really is something to this. I know others have tried the Veg diet with little success in the past but although we are all working towards the cure together, we are all different and so is our bb.
I am going to go meat free and load up on lots of fruit, vegetables, and brown rice. I would also like to try incorporating green smoothies into my diet, Vitamin c, calcium supplements, b12, and a multi vitamin then report back any results.
Fingers crossed!
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I don't have as much gas and bloating as I used to.. The cheese is probably responsible for most of the gas I have now, which isn't too much.

I also don't eat gluten, which definitely lessens bloating and gas.. That and dairy are probably the biggest gas makers.

Well anyway yeah go for it! I have a hard time believing that going vegetarian wouldn't weaken the BB at all. Naturally, meat kind of stinks. If you don't have that in your body, the BB shouldn't be as bad, right? You'd think... And I do think that, though I wouldn't say I'm cured. I think it's a fault in my genes, tied into stress and anxiety, allergies and immune system.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic