Your Email Address:

First Name:

Been away for awhile - really confused and concerned

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thissux
Advanced

Been away for awhile - really confused and concerned

Post by thissux »

Hi all,
I have not been on the site for awhile. Trying to avoid depression etc. I have been told by EVERYONE now that I do not have ANY bad breath at all and that they are hurt, upset and at times angry because they feel like I am calling them liars. I am dating a man now. He is a bit older than me and a person I believe to be a truthful and honorable person. He says I do not in any way have it. I have asked others, strangers, doctors, friends, family, all say not in the least. However, one anoying thing remains and that is people do rub their nose, all the time when I approach or talk. A very high percentage of the time, not every. Sometimes it is just a scratch. My boyfriend kisses me all the time, smells my breath with his nose in my mouth, says I smell good all over. Do I have a phobia? Do I have halitosis? I am falling apart at times. I have breakdowns with crying jags. I am in very real pain. How do I find out everyone? Please help me. Thanks all, thissux btw in Longwood, FL near Orlando if anyone wants to meet up.

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Maybe it could be some other type of body odour? that causes them to rub their nose?

A suggestion would be to try asking a little kid; they are usually honest.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

That is the thing, I am told I actually smell delightful in every way. What is with nose rubbing to an odor anyhow? My boyfriend says it is in no way related to anything that smells bad and he loves the way I smell. Are nose rubs always the main symptom???
Stinkynick
Junior

Post by Stinkynick »

I know how you feel, while I am 100% certain I have halitosis my girlfriend, family, and close friends insist I do not smell. Yet at work I get the reactions and nose rubs etc. I've come to this conclusion: I will have my ups and downs mentally with or without bad breath. The important thing is that I have love in my life, people who care for me whether I smell or not. You're one of the lucky ones, not many people like us find a partner, and I am eternally grateful for my girlfriend. You've found someone who doesn't care about the exterior, hang on to it, cherish it.

I can't say whether or not you have halitosis, that is for you to determine. And it's been my opinion that my doctors wouldn't outright lie to me. What is really important is how we handle ourselves. Just because we may or may not have bb doesn't mean we can't carry ourselves with dignity and take pride in our jobs and personal life.
kart
Junior

Post by kart »

Deebo said that in one meeting one member said he didnt smell any odour from another member but he was 'álergic' and he
scratched his nose becouse of this alergic felling ....
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Sounds like paranoia has really gotten a hold of you. Sometimes deodorants and perfumes make people cough/nose rub.

A few times a few people have coughed as I have walked past. But I wear an insane amount of Deo/cologne. I've even had people ask me several times "how much deodorant do you need???" lol.

You may smell very nice, maybe just ease up on deo/cologne?

I think once you let go of the fear of halitosis everything will fall back into place for you.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

For like the 20th time, i'm gonna say it again:

You don't have BB, you have an unknown disease that people online call 'PATM' (People are Allergic To Me).

Here's the main PATM forum http://www.medhelp.org/posts/People-All ... /show/4415

You don't smell, but your body produces an odorless irritant that makes people scratch their nose or cough or sneeze. That medical condition is not yet recognized by doctors.

You are on the wrong forum and you're not the only who shouldn't be here.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Archi , you think PATM is real ?
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Archimonde wrote:For like the 20th time, i'm gonna say it again:

You don't have BB, you have an unknown disease that people online call 'PATM' (People are Allergic To Me).

Here's the main PATM forum http://www.medhelp.org/posts/People-All ... /show/4415

You don't smell, but your body produces an odorless irritant that makes people scratch their nose or cough or sneeze. That medical condition is not yet recognized by doctors.

You are on the wrong forum and you're not the only who shouldn't be here.
I have not posted here in ages, but I read this and had to log in to say that you are wrong.

Peace!
deebo

Post by deebo »

Elliot , you just brought up my mood and made me laugh with that :D
thank you buddy .

PATM caught my eye a few years ago because the abbreviation looks like TMAU , but found that its not a real title . Although it is a plausible issue , there is no research proving this yet. We all know its far more likely to be people reacting but never admitting to odor ,especially if they know the condition causes emotional duress ,ppl will deny till the cows come home(forever).

hows forza 4 Elliot ? just looked at that old post ! promoted me to look into rocksmith . 2014 version will be awesome !
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

deebo wrote:Elliot , you just brought up my mood and made me laugh with that :D
thank you buddy .

PATM caught my eye a few years ago because the abbreviation looks like TMAU , but found that its not a real title . Although it is a plausible issue , there is no research proving this yet. We all know its far more likely to be people reacting but never admitting to odor ,especially if they know the condition causes emotional duress ,ppl will deny till the cows come home(forever).

hows forza 4 Elliot ? just looked at that old post ! promoted me to look into rocksmith . 2014 version will be awesome !
Oh I actually believe in PATM. It's related to my BB. I can force people to sneeze by doing a few simple things with my throat. BB causes irritants, not just odor irritant, there are also chemicals/gases involved, and people react in very different ways. I'm sure there are others that cause irritants related to halitosis, but for some reason they do not have the odor, or perhaps their odor is detected only by particular persons.

This is all very very complicated stuff. Anyone who thinks they have some answer or solution at this stage is wrong.

I'm waiting Forza5 and GTA now, Little things to keep me happy!
deebo

Post by deebo »

Hearing directly from members who've met other members saying they could not smell the other But they'd have a persistent cough or need to clear their throat is exactly how PATM sounds .Yes, i also believe PATM is possible . But Archi saying he knows for sure its someones main problem is wrongheaded and can be dangerous . With all due respect.
8)
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

elliott wrote:]Oh I actually believe in PATM. It's related to my BB. I can force people to sneeze by doing a few simple things with my throat. BB causes irritants, not just odor irritant, there are also chemicals/gases involved, and people react in very different ways. I'm sure there are others that cause irritants related to halitosis, but for some reason they do not have the odor, or perhaps their odor is detected only by particular persons.
First you told me i was wrong and then you agree with me by rewording what i've been saying on PATM.

Anyway, thank you for conforming what i've been saying on PATM vs BB. You are the 1st person on here to be able to differentiate between the 2 conditions - impressive considering you don't have full blown PATM.

What you ignore is how powerful PATM can be. You say you can make people sneeze by moving your throat.. then you have very mild patm. Now close your eyes, imagine that you made people sneeze just by breathing normally through your nose or mouth. Imagine making people cough/sneeze even when you're holding your breath. There is no consensus in the PATM community on where exactly PATM originates.

Your knowledge of PATM only comes from your own experience so you haven't scratched the surface yet, you have no idea how powerful PATM can be for the extreme cases, consider yourself lucky. On the other hand, BB is a much more devastating condition than PATM so you're not so lucky after all - i have both and imo, BB is the worst of the 2.

Instead of rambling on and on about PATM which I'm tired of doing and you're all tired of hearing about, I've decided to make a PATM video, I'm an extreme PATM case so it will blow your mind. I have acquired a pocket camcorder. Now i'm in the process of modifying a bag to conceal the cam to film people without them knowing (that's the hard part as I'm not crafty). Hopefully something good will come out of this.

I'd also like to make a 'BB reaction' video so that people can see the differences between the 2 conditions but such a video would be humiliating for me to do, and only like 3 people in the world care about PATM vs BB so I'm not sure if it's worth doing. Well, I'll do the PATM video for sure when my bag is ready.

imo, i'd estimate that only about 10 to 15% of the people on this forum have PATM. And since this is a BB forum, PATM is off-topic to the majority of the people so maybe it is best if i/we stop confusing people with this PATM crap? I don't know. I'll keep quiet on PATM for now until I can show you all video evidence.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic