Your Email Address:

First Name:

WHo has LINGUAL TONSILS REMOVED

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

WHo has LINGUAL TONSILS REMOVED

Post by Jimi Stein »

Please tell us who has their lingual tonsils removd in the past and how it was done.

Most of us had the palatine tonsils removed that are completely different than lingual tonsils.

Palatine tonsils give us tonsils stones, and lingual tonsils probably not.

I am so sure that lingual tonsils might be the solution to our problem.

LINGUAL TONSILS

PALATINE TONSILS

PALATINE AND LINGUAL TONSILS

ADENOID TONSILS

So here areall the tonsils that we have. Please focus on lingual tonsils from now on, most of us had palatine tonsils removed and the bb may be coming from lingual tonsils.
Last edited by Jimi Stein on Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

the thing is.....could they really been removed??
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Don't know if they can be removed, but as I've mentioned in other threads, they can be lasered. They started doing it in the 80's according to this document:

Link

Let's try to find a laser clinic willing to perform this :idea:
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I am scared of this operation

Can somebody else do it first, but I think this is the right place that we should focus on
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

I don't think they can be removed. I heard it was too risky or somethin. Who's goin to do this operation on you, Jimi? Are they really goin to remove your lingual tonsils?
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

What is the logic behind this? Removing everything in the mouth and seeing if it works? :lol: I say we start from the tongue :P

I don't see how lingual tonsils have anything to do with bad breath.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

The so-called lingual tonsils are part of the tongue and is the place where at least I stink the most 8)

The theory is that if we smoothen that area out with laser, the bacteria have nowhere to hide :roll:
emotional rescue
Sheriff

i don´t know if this gonna work or not, but we have to research it,

We just got to find a way to kill this moteherfucking anaerobic bacteria.

On one side i think that if we lasered that area, still we´ll have anaerobic bacteria in other sides of the thorat and mouth because our invalanced flora.

But, if the lasered of the linguals gets an effect at the same levels that someone could get with the palatine tonsils, (you know, achieving that the bacteria could not longer rest over them), adding this two proceedments, this could be it. A normal level of breath one for good.

Remember that anaerobic bacteria is suppossedly healthy in some levels cause they take part in the digestion of the food, so in some levels its healthy, we just need to get rid of the excees that we have in some areas.

Larc400, or another who speaks english properly: do you think you could try to contac the doctors that appears at ¨references¨ in that article to see if they could orientate ourselves more??
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Those references are pretty old. I guess the easiest way would be if everyone can check the laser clinics in their respective cities to see if they perform laser treatment of the lingual tonsils / tongue base ... also asking if they think it's a good idea or if they can suggest another way to make that area less attractive for the anaerobic bac 8-[
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I've now sent a request to Sweden's largest laser clinic.

Here's a translation of the request...

------------------------------------------
Hi!

I'd like to know if you perform laser treatment of the so-called lingual tonsils, ie the lymph tissue on the posterior part of the tongue.

Picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... tongue.jpg

For certain individuals, large amounts of anaerobic bacteria reside on this part of the tongue, resulting in problems with chronic halitosis etc. If that area can be smoothened out with laser, it hopefully results in less places for the bacteria to hide.

According to this document, laser treatment of the lingual tonsils has been a possibility ever since the 80's:
http://www.halitos.se/pdf/CO2Laser.pdf

...so I'm just curious: would it be possible to perform such a treatment? Or can You suggest other laser treatments which may have similar effects? I'm a member of a large online forum, who would be interested in such a treatment.

Looking forward to your reply!
Love, Karl
------------------------------------------
emotional rescue
Sheriff

cool karl, i will do the same with the ent that lasered my palatine tonsils, and report back his answer.

but still i think that we could contact those guys of the article, they should be still alive
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Larc400 wrote:The so-called lingual tonsils are part of the tongue and is the place where at least I stink the most 8)

The theory is that if we smoothen that area out with laser, the bacteria have nowhere to hide :roll:
except in tonsils, tongue, nasal passages and sinuses.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

noptical wrote:
Larc400 wrote:The so-called lingual tonsils are part of the tongue and is the place where at least I stink the most 8)

except in tonsils, tongue, nasal passages and sinuses.
Yes I think there also the most.

I am so confused, past 2 days were awful, people can smell me far away and do not have any idea where the smell is coming from.

Tried to pickup a chick and gave up again.
Larc good work!
BBNO

Post by BBNO »

I am having my tonsils (pharyngeal) and adenoids removed in 2 weeks. I have a consultation with my ENT in 1 week. I'll ask him about the lingual tonsils, but i don't think they have crypts and hollows where putrid tissue and tonsil stones can hide.

BBNO
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

BBNO wrote:I am having my tonsils (pharyngeal) and adenoids removed in 2 weeks. I have a consultation with my ENT in 1 week. I'll ask him about the lingual tonsils, but i don't think they have crypts and hollows where putrid tissue and tonsil stones can hide.

BBNO
Me too! - on the 20th. Good to know I won't be the only one going through the pain with hopes that it will cure bb.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic