THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Search found 42 matches

by br
Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: coconut oil
Replies: 66
Views: 52427

What do you think about making your own oil? It seems rather simple:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5007407_make-extra-virgin-coconut-oil.html

But if you like making things yourself then I say go for it! :P

Hi Kt
Is cold pressed virgin oil or just virgin coconut oil better to freshen breath anyone ...
by br
Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:00 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Chewing gum coating
Replies: 20
Views: 10234

I saw a toothpaste that has zinc chloride butb it also has SLS and saccharin. Does the last two ingredients inhibit zinc's effects? Please confirm.


Sls, saccharin, NaOH, Alcohol and any others may produce volatil and aromatic compounds when they enter a mouth. These compounds cover zinc's effect ...
by br
Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:48 am
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Chewing gum coating
Replies: 20
Views: 10234

[quote="?[/quote]


More soluble is better. Zinc chloride is one of the best. Lactat, citrat, gluconat, acetat is also good. But some zinc compounds less soluble in water are not preferable, like zn-sulfate or oxide.

Ingredients SLS or NaOH may inhibit zinc's effect. Saccharin is also not good for ...
by br
Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:36 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Chewing gum coating
Replies: 20
Views: 10234

dear aydinmur, thanks for answering.

i use zinc-containing toothpaste too, but my impression is that it doesnt work half as good... the toothpaste i use with zinc contains:

Aqua, Hydrated Silica, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cellulose Gum, Alumina, Aroma, Sodium Fluoride ...
by br
Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:37 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Burshing tongue
Replies: 15
Views: 10016

Are these ingredients in toothpastes helpful for the general health of the mouth and to freshen breath:

First toothpaste:
Sorbitol, Water, Hydrated Silica, Glycerin, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Natural Flavor, Xylitol, Sodium Chlorite (Oxygene® - Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide), Zinc Acetate ...
by br
Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:39 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Burshing tongue
Replies: 15
Views: 10016

Why is tongue brushing better than scrapping in Type 1 halitosis?
by br
Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:23 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Chewing gum coating
Replies: 20
Views: 10234

I have seen some toothpastes with zinc but they also have most of the ingredients you state above. What I would like to know is if things like lauryl sulphate and flouride are good. I have read conflicting reports about the usefulness of the latter. Please let me have your views.
Thanks
by br
Mon May 31, 2010 7:51 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: can you smell your own bad breath ? help .. ..
Replies: 23
Views: 14087

trouble wrote:@ hr: this is the one i know by name (just heard about the phone in a stupid tv-show), didn't try it myself. seems to measure sulfid compounds.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/1500/

:
Thanks T. I have ordered another one last week.
by br
Mon May 31, 2010 6:11 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Doctors don't know shit!!!!
Replies: 1
Views: 1496

Re: Doctors don't know shit!!!!

me wrote:99% of doctors are nothing more than overpaid assholes. They don't care about curing you. they just care about the money. Their Doctors now a days just don't cure shit, thats just the way it is.

I will extend on this now I'm just too tired.
I totally concur with you in some respects.

Dr. R
by br
Thu May 27, 2010 12:28 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Did you know these?
Replies: 9
Views: 6018

I wonder if it applies to decaffeinated coffee as well.
by br
Thu May 27, 2010 12:21 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: Chewing gum coating
Replies: 20
Views: 10234

lol One thing I sometimes used to carry around with me for emergencies was a tube of toothpaste containing triclosan. I'd just put a glob in my mouth and rinse it around and it'd give me an hour or so of confidence

Please tell the name of the toothpaste you used and what precisely does triclosan ...
by br
Wed May 26, 2010 7:39 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: OraMoist (patch for the mouth to keep it moist)
Replies: 15
Views: 6992

Re: OraMoist (patch for the mouth to keep it moist)

KeepTrying09 wrote:
br wrote:In conjunction with KT, I cannot open the link either and I am in the UK. I attempted about 3 times.

Dr. R
Hey br,

Are you a Doctor? I just saw you put Dr. R in your closing and I wondered.
Hi KT,
Yes, I am a Dr. Not a medical Dr.
R
by br
Tue May 25, 2010 5:14 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: New poster
Replies: 5
Views: 3030

Cheers - I shall do!

Can anyone answer about the yoghurt / dairy question. I though dairy was bad but have read about some people having biotic yoghurt.

Thanks

Take a look at this thread, it answers some questions about eating yogurt in regards to bad breath.

http://www.badbreathhalitosis ...
by br
Tue May 25, 2010 5:00 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: i can smel a lot of spamers now these days
Replies: 8
Views: 3609

i think i had my esophagus infected with candida. i think thats the case with almost all of you.
So yeah, I think everyone should try Virgin Coconut Oil, if not for bad breath then at least for all the other health benefits it provides. :)

Hi KT,
I tried various hops but I could not find and ...
by br
Tue May 25, 2010 3:13 pm
Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
Topic: OraMoist (patch for the mouth to keep it moist)
Replies: 15
Views: 6992

Re: OraMoist (patch for the mouth to keep it moist)

Anyone heard of this? I saw this ad in a magazine. I guess it's a patch you put on the roof of your mouth. Suppose to keep mouth moist for 4 hours. You can also get a free trial size 1-800-448-1448 www.OraMoist.com.

Susie

In conjunction with KT, I cannot open the link either and I am in the UK ...
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗