whenever I chew gum...which is pretty much whenever I am around fellow humans...I notice it leaves a white coating on my tongue...why is this? Could this be making the problem worse?
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Chewing gum coating
Chewing gum coating
Hi guys,
whenever I chew gum...which is pretty much whenever I am around fellow humans...I notice it leaves a white coating on my tongue...why is this? Could this be making the problem worse?
whenever I chew gum...which is pretty much whenever I am around fellow humans...I notice it leaves a white coating on my tongue...why is this? Could this be making the problem worse?
- KeepTrying09
- Sheriff
- Posts: 463
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:14 pm
- Location: Thailand
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
lol I know exactly what you mean about feeling naked without something in your mouth. I think it helps with the bad taste and increases saliva levels, whether its chewing gum or mints or just eating in general, and all of these help to make you feel as though your BB is reduced. Obviously this isnt the case for every type of BB. One thing I sometimes used to carry around with me for emergencies was a tube of toothpaste containing triclosan. I'd just put a glob in my mouth and rinse it around and it'd give me an hour or so of confidence
Please tell the name of the toothpaste you used and what precisely does triclosan do?halitosisux wrote:lol One thing I sometimes used to carry around with me for emergencies was a tube of toothpaste containing triclosan. I'd just put a glob in my mouth and rinse it around and it'd give me an hour or so of confidence
Thanks
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
hi!
i found this two studies, the first one's not so uptodate...
but it confirms the positive effect of triclosan + a copolymer.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10825862
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14692211
i found this two studies, the first one's not so uptodate...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10825862
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14692211
dear aydinmur, thanks for answering.
i use zinc-containing toothpaste too, but my impression is that it doesnt work half as good... the toothpaste i use with zinc contains:
Aqua, Hydrated Silica, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cellulose Gum, Alumina, Aroma, Sodium Fluoride, Zinc Chloride, Sodium Saccharin, Limonene, C177891.
is zinc chloride maybe not the best ingredient?
i use zinc-containing toothpaste too, but my impression is that it doesnt work half as good... the toothpaste i use with zinc contains:
Aqua, Hydrated Silica, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cellulose Gum, Alumina, Aroma, Sodium Fluoride, Zinc Chloride, Sodium Saccharin, Limonene, C177891.
is zinc chloride maybe not the best ingredient?
I have seen some toothpastes with zinc but they also have most of the ingredients you state above. What I would like to know is if things like lauryl sulphate and flouride are good. I have read conflicting reports about the usefulness of the latter. Please let me have your views.
Thanks
Thanks
Last edited by br on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.