THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Search found 11 matches
- Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:05 pm
- Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
- Topic: Searching for a Cure- Update 5
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1500
Searching for a Cure- Update 5
Today is Day 7 of treatment, and things are still going well. My bloating has decreased, but I'm still bloated. I will continue to eat an unrestricted diet, but I am going to cut back on the carbs and drink one protein shake a day as a meal replacement. The first day of treatment I weighed 158 lbs ...
- Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:22 pm
- Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
- Topic: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4200
Re: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
Hi! I only just started my treatment and I am on Day 2. So far, so good! My bad breath is gone and I am eating an unrestricted diet while on the antibiotics. I posted an Update 4 today, and plan to regularly update during my treatment.
Hi Searching_for_a_cure2, how has the treatment gone? Have ...
Hi Searching_for_a_cure2, how has the treatment gone? Have ...
- Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:21 pm
- Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
- Topic: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4200
Re: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
Hi! I only just started my treatment and I am on Day 2. So far, so good! My bad breath is gone and I am eating an unrestricted diet while on the antibiotics. I posted an Update 4 today, and plan to regularly update during my treatment.
- Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:19 pm
- Forum: VENTING
- Topic: so depressed
- Replies: 10
- Views: 22469
Re: so depressed
I'm sorry you are having a rough time. I had tonsil stones and had my tonsils removed. Unfortunately, that only got rid of the tonsil stones. Try to see if changing your diet will get rid of the tonsil stones. If it does, maybe the tonsillectomy will work for you. If it doesn't you may need to ...
- Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:58 pm
- Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
- Topic: Searching for a cure- Update 4
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3433
Searching for a cure- Update 4
I'm back! It took a while to get everything in order, but I'm on Day 2 of my Xifaxan + Neomycin antibiotic treatment. I'm also taking Interfase Plus and 5g of partially hydrolyzed guar gum (dissolved in water).
Great news, I think the treatment is working! My stomach is bloated, but the bad breath ...
Great news, I think the treatment is working! My stomach is bloated, but the bad breath ...
- Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:05 am
- Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
- Topic: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4200
Re: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
Hi, searching_for_acure2, how has this week been so far for you?
I decided to wait to start the antibiotics. When I picked up the Neomycin from the pharmacy, I was informed it has a FDA black box warning- meaning it can potentially cause health issues (like hearing problems) and can interact with ...
- Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:54 pm
- Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
- Topic: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4200
Re: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
Searching_for_acure2, what has the doc said about the ‘’ 5g partially hydrolyzed guar gum (phgg) daily while taking antibiotics’’?
I told the functional dr I wanted to add that to my treatment because of a clinical trial result: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20937045/
She didn't see a problem ...
- Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:52 pm
- Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
- Topic: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4200
Re: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
Here’s info about Interphase buofilm buster, which might explain the antibiotics offering only temporary relief (many on this forum has posted about bb coming back after antibiotics):
‘’Biofilm consists of microorganisms encased within a self-produced matrix of exopolysaccharides and exoproteins ...
- Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:50 pm
- Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
- Topic: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4200
Re: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
who prescribed these meds? Is this a new protocol?
My GI dr prescribed Xifaxan for SIBO without testing me for SIBO. I wanted to get tested before taking antibiotics so I found a functional doctor who has a MD. The functional dr gave me the SIBO test, and prescribed the Neomycin. A combination ...
- Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:25 pm
- Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
- Topic: Searching For A Cure- Update 3
- Replies: 14
- Views: 4200
Searching For A Cure- Update 3
I got the results of my SIBO test. I have a mix of hydrogen and methane SIBO. This is the treatment plan I will be following:
Biofilm buster (Interfase Plus) for at least a week before starting the antibiotics
then
Xifaxan 550mg 3x a day for 14 days
Neomycin 500mg 2x a day for 14 days
5g ...
Biofilm buster (Interfase Plus) for at least a week before starting the antibiotics
then
Xifaxan 550mg 3x a day for 14 days
Neomycin 500mg 2x a day for 14 days
5g ...
- Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:19 pm
- Forum: GENERAL ABOUT BAD BREATH
- Topic: searching_for_a_cure Update
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2161
searching_for_a_cure Update
This is a new account. I previously posted under username searching_for_a_cure.
Update- I have good news and bad news. My bb is definitely GI caused. When I met my GI dr and discussed my symptoms, his first thought was a disease called gastroparesis (GP- slow emptying of the stomach). Basically ...
Update- I have good news and bad news. My bb is definitely GI caused. When I met my GI dr and discussed my symptoms, his first thought was a disease called gastroparesis (GP- slow emptying of the stomach). Basically ...
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.