THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Dr. Yehuda Finkelstein sounds like the best hope out there.
-
bb_us_hope
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:04 am
Dr. Yehuda Finkelstein sounds like the best hope out there.
Dr. Yehuda Finkelstein sounds like the best hope out there.
I already gave up on all those fancy mouse washes and clowns who make money selling them.
Is there anyone who had this laser thing done and can share his/her experience ?
Also, Finkelstein charges $800 per seesion in Israel and uses some sort of pain killer during the procedure. The New York guy works without any pain killers and charges near $3000 ????
I already gave up on all those fancy mouse washes and clowns who make money selling them.
Is there anyone who had this laser thing done and can share his/her experience ?
Also, Finkelstein charges $800 per seesion in Israel and uses some sort of pain killer during the procedure. The New York guy works without any pain killers and charges near $3000 ????
Re: Dr. Yehuda Finkelstein sounds like the best hope out the
welcome to americabb_us_hope wrote:Dr. Yehuda Finkelstein sounds like the best hope out there.
I already gave up on all those fancy mouse washes and clowns who make money selling them.
Is there anyone who had this laser thing done and can share his/her experience ?
Also, Finkelstein charges $800 per seesion in Israel and uses some sort of pain killer during the procedure. The New York guy works without any pain killers and charges near $3000 ????
-
bb_us_hope
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:04 am
Could you please tell in more details what happened ?
Orodor,
Thanks for your post.
So FINKELSTEIN examined you and basically said
"Sorry. I can not help you. Thanks for visiting." ?
Did he suggest any alternative ways to go ?
Did he charge you anything even though he did not help you ?
Thanks !
Thanks for your post.
So FINKELSTEIN examined you and basically said
"Sorry. I can not help you. Thanks for visiting." ?
Did he suggest any alternative ways to go ?
Did he charge you anything even though he did not help you ?
Thanks !
In pounds he charged me around 100-150. He said that I didnt have any bad breath, which surpriced me a lot. He didnt suggest anything else after that. I guess all his research involved around the tonsils... Ive never actually heard about anyone getting fully treated after removing them, but that is a different subject I guess.
It was quite hard to find his office. At least when I visited him. It was quite a distance outside Tel Aviv, and even the cab driver had problems to find his office.
OR
It was quite hard to find his office. At least when I visited him. It was quite a distance outside Tel Aviv, and even the cab driver had problems to find his office.
OR
Hi OR,
I am quite surprised of your posts. Actually, I am more shocked and downed by it. I am was so hyped upon reading of Dr Finkel and his procedure and here you come claiming he didn't help at all.
I am sure you can tell if you have this same malady as us, perhaps you can share to me your sympstoms? I mean aside from the malodor, of course.
I
I am quite surprised of your posts. Actually, I am more shocked and downed by it. I am was so hyped upon reading of Dr Finkel and his procedure and here you come claiming he didn't help at all.
I am sure you can tell if you have this same malady as us, perhaps you can share to me your sympstoms? I mean aside from the malodor, of course.
I
-
bb_us_hope
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:04 am
Hi Orodor,Orodor wrote:In pounds he charged me around 100-150. He said that I didnt have any bad breath, which surpriced me a lot. He didnt suggest anything else after that. I guess all his research involved around the tonsils... Ive never actually heard about anyone getting fully treated after removing them, but that is a different subject I guess.
It was quite hard to find his office. At least when I visited him. It was quite a distance outside Tel Aviv, and even the cab driver had problems to find his office.
OR
Thanks for the feed back from Dr Finkelstein's visit. Couple question about your encounter with the Dr.
1) How did he determine that you had no BB?
2) Did he use halimeter?
3)Did he ask you to fast for a minimum of 4 hours prior to the evaluation?
4) How certain are you that you have BB?
5) Do you agree with his conclusion that you are BB free?
Please include any other information that you may consider beneficial to the forum members.
Thanks
Lonely
Just to be sure that we are talking about this guy here:
http://www2.tau.ac.il/Person/medicine/r ... =agciddfhj
This was the one I visited.
OR
http://www2.tau.ac.il/Person/medicine/r ... =agciddfhj
This was the one I visited.
OR
I am really sorry to hear this. My symptoms are sore tongue and gums and post nasal drip. I had also high hopes for this visit as I thought he was an expert in bad breath treatments. I guess he is, but just concering the tonsils.j0n1982 wrote:Hi OR,
I am quite surprised of your posts. Actually, I am more shocked and downed by it. I am was so hyped upon reading of Dr Finkel and his procedure and here you come claiming he didn't help at all.
I am sure you can tell if you have this same malady as us, perhaps you can share to me your sympstoms? I mean aside from the malodor, of course.
I
You should not give up just because of my experience. It might be you will be the one who fits in his category.
OR
Yes I did try to convinve him. As much as I could.bb_us_hope wrote:Did you try to convince him that you really do have bb ?
if he told that I did not have any bb, I would simply drink a few sips of coffee and exhale in front of him. I am sure that, after regaining his consciousness, he would come to a different conclusion.
OR
Nope, he did not use a halimeter. Just his nose. Ive had this since I was 16 years old.. Im now 36. So you can say that I am sure I have it.Lonely wrote:Hi Orodor,Orodor wrote:In pounds he charged me around 100-150. He said that I didnt have any bad breath, which surpriced me a lot. He didnt suggest anything else after that. I guess all his research involved around the tonsils... Ive never actually heard about anyone getting fully treated after removing them, but that is a different subject I guess.
It was quite hard to find his office. At least when I visited him. It was quite a distance outside Tel Aviv, and even the cab driver had problems to find his office.
OR
Thanks for the feed back from Dr Finkelstein's visit. Couple question about your encounter with the Dr.
1) How did he determine that you had no BB?
2) Did he use halimeter?
3)Did he ask you to fast for a minimum of 4 hours prior to the evaluation?
4) How certain are you that you have BB?
5) Do you agree with his conclusion that you are BB free?
Please include any other information that you may consider beneficial to the forum members.
Thanks
Lonely
It might be that I was bad breath free on my visit. There are times that it gets milder now.
OR
After reading most of the posts in here I want to add another comment. Because I told Finkelstein I thought my problem was the tongue. This was in 2005, and it might be he have started to check out the tongue more now. Because I dont think post nasal drip is the problem as such. I think its the tongue, who is sore and smelly. When I rub a piece of cloth over my tongue and smell it after a few mins it really smells bad. Even when there are no mucous on it.
If he manage to fix this then I think we will be closer to a cure for many of us. Because he only looked at the throat tonsils on me. So it might be the tongue tonsil then.
I was also in a mouth surgeons office a few years back. He said I had very large pupils on the back of my tongue, and that it was very irritated. He said it was little he could do about that, and sort of just teased it away when I asked if he could do surgery on it. Anyone getting told they have large pupils on the tongue?
Also... To remove tonsils for bad breath is not something new. I removed my tonsils because of bad breath 14 years ago. What Finkelstein has done differently with the laser is that he operates with that instead of removing them.
OR
If he manage to fix this then I think we will be closer to a cure for many of us. Because he only looked at the throat tonsils on me. So it might be the tongue tonsil then.
I was also in a mouth surgeons office a few years back. He said I had very large pupils on the back of my tongue, and that it was very irritated. He said it was little he could do about that, and sort of just teased it away when I asked if he could do surgery on it. Anyone getting told they have large pupils on the tongue?
Also... To remove tonsils for bad breath is not something new. I removed my tonsils because of bad breath 14 years ago. What Finkelstein has done differently with the laser is that he operates with that instead of removing them.
OR
hi
I planning to see Finkelstein JAN 2
Hopefully my problem will be solved this time
I'm 25 years old, so this is actually my last chance for normal life.
I don't have palatine tonsills I'm hoping that proplem is the remainings of the tonsils,lingual or adenoids.
If he tells me that there is no BB, I'm sure that is not the truth coz, I'm 100% sure that BB is there.
I planning to see Finkelstein JAN 2
Hopefully my problem will be solved this time
I'm 25 years old, so this is actually my last chance for normal life.
I don't have palatine tonsills I'm hoping that proplem is the remainings of the tonsils,lingual or adenoids.
If he tells me that there is no BB, I'm sure that is not the truth coz, I'm 100% sure that BB is there.
Hey mar11, did u meet him? If so, what is the result? As you are not visiting this site any more, i guess u are cured already.mar11 wrote:hi
I planning to see Finkelstein JAN 2
Hopefully my problem will be solved this time
I'm 25 years old, so this is actually my last chance for normal life.
I don't have palatine tonsills I'm hoping that proplem is the remainings of the tonsils,lingual or adenoids.
If he tells me that there is no BB, I'm sure that is not the truth coz, I'm 100% sure that BB is there.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.