THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Life since my "cure"
Life since my "cure"
hey everyone,
like i said i wouldn't forget about you all or this site. for those of you who don't remember me, i'm one of the ones who said they benefitted from a tonsilectomy last november.
so how are things now? man. i hate to say it, but i don't think the tonsilectomy did me that much good in the end. i was doing so well until one day, i was visiting with a friend who has fish smelling breath from time to time. before she started using this herbal powder with zinc (dental miracle) she didn't have real bb. ever since she started she has fish smelling breath in the mornings and from time to time if she doesn't brush for a while. i went to visit her in december and i wasn't having bb problems. during the visit i borrowed her chapstick a lot because my lips were really chapped. i licked my lips often in between time because it's a bad habit of mine when my lips are chapped.
later that night i noticed a fish smell on my breath and went to brush. my mouth felt perfect but there was this fish smell to it. she didn't smell anything when i asked her about it. i woke up that morning smelling that strong smell on my breath. i thoroughly brushed to no avail. i chewed orbitz gum over and over the rest of the day and the smell disappeared.
now to this day, i have that problem every morning and when i'm under serious stress. even after i brush i smell garbage especially after i eat. no one has reacted to my breath at all, but i still feel so self conscious about my breath, and ultimately disappointed. i had my cure, but now i'm back to square one... hiding my breath when i talk and feeling so dirty.
like i said i wouldn't forget about you all or this site. for those of you who don't remember me, i'm one of the ones who said they benefitted from a tonsilectomy last november.
so how are things now? man. i hate to say it, but i don't think the tonsilectomy did me that much good in the end. i was doing so well until one day, i was visiting with a friend who has fish smelling breath from time to time. before she started using this herbal powder with zinc (dental miracle) she didn't have real bb. ever since she started she has fish smelling breath in the mornings and from time to time if she doesn't brush for a while. i went to visit her in december and i wasn't having bb problems. during the visit i borrowed her chapstick a lot because my lips were really chapped. i licked my lips often in between time because it's a bad habit of mine when my lips are chapped.
later that night i noticed a fish smell on my breath and went to brush. my mouth felt perfect but there was this fish smell to it. she didn't smell anything when i asked her about it. i woke up that morning smelling that strong smell on my breath. i thoroughly brushed to no avail. i chewed orbitz gum over and over the rest of the day and the smell disappeared.
now to this day, i have that problem every morning and when i'm under serious stress. even after i brush i smell garbage especially after i eat. no one has reacted to my breath at all, but i still feel so self conscious about my breath, and ultimately disappointed. i had my cure, but now i'm back to square one... hiding my breath when i talk and feeling so dirty.
The good news is that no one has reacted to you. If you still suffered from bb, you should get some reaction. I hope that what you are experiencing is temporary and simply related to using your friend's chapstick. I am still going to try tonsillectomy later this year or early next year (still saving up the money). Good luck and thanks for sticking around to tell us of your experiences. It feels good to know that someone may have found some help and is willing to share with us.
For the cure!!!!
For the cure!!!!
don't get too upset about it yet.
I think there's more possibility in dangering yourself getting stressed about something than actually coming into contact with that 'fish stick'.
Stress is responsible for some 90% of afflictions (or something very high at least) .. For many of us, our BB may have originated after a period of immense stress..
For me, I was super stressed over a long time gilrfriend being unloyal a few years back. It really destroyed me, and I wouldn't be surprised if BB took over during that time.. So I would say, as much as you can, try to keep your mind at peace as much as you can.
I think there's more possibility in dangering yourself getting stressed about something than actually coming into contact with that 'fish stick'.
Stress is responsible for some 90% of afflictions (or something very high at least) .. For many of us, our BB may have originated after a period of immense stress..
For me, I was super stressed over a long time gilrfriend being unloyal a few years back. It really destroyed me, and I wouldn't be surprised if BB took over during that time.. So I would say, as much as you can, try to keep your mind at peace as much as you can.
Sweets, I do not know whether bb is actually contagious but I have been making out with my hubby for 14 years now, who btw is bb-free and also has tonsil stones, and have not smelled anything suspicious in his breath...lucky freak!
I also had tonsillectomy but I am hopeful each day. I do not have that panic attack anymore when in closed spaces with people. 2 weeks after the procedure, I just decided against shallow breathing and to not hold my breath anymore. I told myself that I have done and will continue to do my very best to help my situation and if people around me still have problem with my bb, then it's tough luck. Then I talked to my pastor in church who told me to just continue my dental hygiene and everything will be fine. This reinforced my confidence.
Most of the time I forget that I have bb and just continue breathing and talking like normal. Then occassionally someone will send me back to panic room just by doing something to their nose. I calm myself by doing stats as to the number of people who do this as opposed to those who don't and I become happy.
I also had tonsillectomy but I am hopeful each day. I do not have that panic attack anymore when in closed spaces with people. 2 weeks after the procedure, I just decided against shallow breathing and to not hold my breath anymore. I told myself that I have done and will continue to do my very best to help my situation and if people around me still have problem with my bb, then it's tough luck. Then I talked to my pastor in church who told me to just continue my dental hygiene and everything will be fine. This reinforced my confidence.
Most of the time I forget that I have bb and just continue breathing and talking like normal. Then occassionally someone will send me back to panic room just by doing something to their nose. I calm myself by doing stats as to the number of people who do this as opposed to those who don't and I become happy.
So are you saying that the surgery worked for you? It seems like every time someone gets tonsilectomy, there's always a "but". I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it, but I haven't read one person from this forum who can clearly say that it worked.spygirl wrote:Sweets, I do not know whether bb is actually contagious but I have been making out with my hubby for 14 years now, who btw is bb-free and also has tonsil stones, and have not smelled anything suspicious in his breath...lucky freak!
I also had tonsillectomy but I am hopeful each day. I do not have that panic attack anymore when in closed spaces with people. 2 weeks after the procedure, I just decided against shallow breathing and to not hold my breath anymore. I told myself that I have done and will continue to do my very best to help my situation and if people around me still have problem with my bb, then it's tough luck. Then I talked to my pastor in church who told me to just continue my dental hygiene and everything will be fine. This reinforced my confidence.
Most of the time I forget that I have bb and just continue breathing and talking like normal. Then occassionally someone will send me back to panic room just by doing something to their nose. I calm myself by doing stats as to the number of people who do this as opposed to those who don't and I become happy.
sweets, how can you be sure that you suddenly caught BB just by touching chapstick? Are you sure, or could it be possible that your breath was coming back on it's own, just like everyone else says it does after surgery? Perhaps, the chapstick incident made you aware that your breath still smelt? I have a hard time believing that you were cured from tonsil surgery... BB all gone for good, then you use chapstick, and BAM it's all back that easily?
Honestly. Would you say the tonsilectomy was worth it? I am trying to figure out if I want to go that route, but like I said... no one on this forum has spoken up to say thay have been fully (or even somewhat) cured.
-
stridinglady
- Newbie
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:54 pm
14 day post tonsillectomy
Hi there,
Im on day 14 post tonsillectomy and it was a complete and utter nightmare, my BB did seem to originate from the tonsils as i could rub a cotton bud over them and the smell made me gag. I can say that from yesterday and today my mouth tastes so much cleaner and i cant smell anything when i try the usual tests i.e. cupping my hand over my mouth and also licking my wrist.
Im taking everyday as it comes and hope in vain that the almighty pain was worth it.............horrific!
x
Im on day 14 post tonsillectomy and it was a complete and utter nightmare, my BB did seem to originate from the tonsils as i could rub a cotton bud over them and the smell made me gag. I can say that from yesterday and today my mouth tastes so much cleaner and i cant smell anything when i try the usual tests i.e. cupping my hand over my mouth and also licking my wrist.
Im taking everyday as it comes and hope in vain that the almighty pain was worth it.............horrific!
x
yeah i think that it has to do with me being innately susceptible to bb bacteria. people who aren't susceptible won't get bb. people who are will, at some point in their lives, get exposed to bb bacteria and suffer from bb to some degree.spygirl wrote:Sweets, I do not know whether bb is actually contagious but I have been making out with my hubby for 14 years now, who btw is bb-free and also has tonsil stones, and have not smelled anything suspicious in his breath...lucky freak!
I also had tonsillectomy but I am hopeful each day. I do not have that panic attack anymore when in closed spaces with people. 2 weeks after the procedure, I just decided against shallow breathing and to not hold my breath anymore. I told myself that I have done and will continue to do my very best to help my situation and if people around me still have problem with my bb, then it's tough luck. Then I talked to my pastor in church who told me to just continue my dental hygiene and everything will be fine. This reinforced my confidence.
Most of the time I forget that I have bb and just continue breathing and talking like normal. Then occassionally someone will send me back to panic room just by doing something to their nose. I calm myself by doing stats as to the number of people who do this as opposed to those who don't and I become happy.
Re: 14 day post tonsillectomy
assuming you are on antibiotics, make sure to eat lots of yogurt so you don't get resistant bacteria overpopulating your mouth, gut, and elsewhere.stridinglady wrote:Hi there,
Im on day 14 post tonsillectomy and it was a complete and utter nightmare, my BB did seem to originate from the tonsils as i could rub a cotton bud over them and the smell made me gag. I can say that from yesterday and today my mouth tastes so much cleaner and i cant smell anything when i try the usual tests i.e. cupping my hand over my mouth and also licking my wrist.
Im taking everyday as it comes and hope in vain that the almighty pain was worth it.............horrific!
x
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.