THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
SB12 claims 24 hour fresh breath- Is it effective?
SB12 claims 24 hour fresh breath- Is it effective?
Hi all,
I have been a lurker on these boards for a while and decided to make my first post today. I recently moved to a scandinavian country and saw an ad for a mouthwash called SB12 that claims 24 hour fresh breath. It's available at all pharmacies or "apoteks" here. I will try it out and report on it. However I was wondering if any of our scandinavian members could research this product and scan message boards to see whether it truly works. I tried to find the ingredients through an English google search but the only thing that came up is that it contains fluoride. I want to know if this is a truly revolutionary product or yet another tired mix of chlorohexidine or chlorine dioxide or zinc compounds etc.
Thanks in advance.
I have been a lurker on these boards for a while and decided to make my first post today. I recently moved to a scandinavian country and saw an ad for a mouthwash called SB12 that claims 24 hour fresh breath. It's available at all pharmacies or "apoteks" here. I will try it out and report on it. However I was wondering if any of our scandinavian members could research this product and scan message boards to see whether it truly works. I tried to find the ingredients through an English google search but the only thing that came up is that it contains fluoride. I want to know if this is a truly revolutionary product or yet another tired mix of chlorohexidine or chlorine dioxide or zinc compounds etc.
Thanks in advance.
It's the same old stuff, just cleverly marketed, & they just happened to be the 1st company to successfully capture the Scandinavian market... it's chlorhex etc (I don't have a bottle here but am pretty sure. It might even contain alcohol). Doesn't work for a chronic problem - of this I'm 100% sure.
So are you in Sweden..
?
So are you in Sweden..
I am in Norway. SB12 has chlorohexidine but in a new compound not gluconate plus zinc acetate which is a compound of zinc I have never seen used in a mouthwash before and even alcohol but not much. It's working so far to reduce the chronic levels of BB. Only time will tell if it works beyond a month which seems the limit with me after which my breath takes on a chemically offensive smell like it did with trioral, dently PH, all the chlorine dioxide rinses from the BB specialists. Will keep all posted. Strangely enough alcohol helps my BB. Don't know what it is. I go out for a meal with friends and there is the usual nose tweaking etc from them and then I have a couple sips of wine and voila! it seems to disappear. After that point as long as I keep my mouth moist by sipping water frequently, I am OK breathwise. It's weird.
That might just be because your sense of smell is hindered and the same with the people you're drinking with. I feel like that too, but at least ur not thinking about it as much.FBseeker wrote:I am in Norway. SB12 has chlorohexidine but in a new compound not gluconate plus zinc acetate which is a compound of zinc I have never seen used in a mouthwash before and even alcohol but not much. It's working so far to reduce the chronic levels of BB. Only time will tell if it works beyond a month which seems the limit with me after which my breath takes on a chemically offensive smell like it did with trioral, dently PH, all the chlorine dioxide rinses from the BB specialists. Will keep all posted. Strangely enough alcohol helps my BB. Don't know what it is. I go out for a meal with friends and there is the usual nose tweaking etc from them and then I have a couple sips of wine and voila! it seems to disappear. After that point as long as I keep my mouth moist by sipping water frequently, I am OK breathwise. It's weird.
-
brightonguy
- Advanced
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:49 am
- Location: United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Came across this thread on SB12 mouthwash (zinc and chlorhexidine formulation) after finding this academic paper which claims it is some sort of super mouthwash which is far superior to alternatives -
http://www.sb12.se/files/studie_071213.pdf
- I'm assuming that the results reported therein are biased and inaccurate and that it isn't some sort of revolutionary product. If you're interested but short of time just take a look at Figures 1-3 to see how effective it is supposed to be. Aaargh, these guys are supposed to be objective academics, this is really frustrating!! I'd be interested to hear if anyone here can vouch for its efficacy...
Came across this thread on SB12 mouthwash (zinc and chlorhexidine formulation) after finding this academic paper which claims it is some sort of super mouthwash which is far superior to alternatives -
http://www.sb12.se/files/studie_071213.pdf
- I'm assuming that the results reported therein are biased and inaccurate and that it isn't some sort of revolutionary product. If you're interested but short of time just take a look at Figures 1-3 to see how effective it is supposed to be. Aaargh, these guys are supposed to be objective academics, this is really frustrating!! I'd be interested to hear if anyone here can vouch for its efficacy...
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.