THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

An experiment: smelling the odor

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Bloorain
Advanced
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:16 pm

An experiment: smelling the odor

Post by Bloorain »

I made an interesting discovery yesterday. I picked up one of those breath spray thingies at the drug store and decided to just take it and spray way way in the back of my tongue or throat just to see what would happened. I just opened my mouth really wide and did it. After like 4 or 5 squirts what produced from that was the worst most disgusting fecal smell mixed with the spray I ever smelled. I assume it was the alcohol or something that triggered this but the fecal odor was just unbelievable. I don't know whether this means that I really really shouldn't use anything with alcohol in it or the alcohol perhaps loosened up something waay in the back of my throat. It was interesting in the least just because this was the first time I have been able to smell anything coming from my mouth (usually I relied on other people).

I also tried doing this with just a salt water mixture and it wasn't the same - nothing came from it.

Any thoughts?
thanatos
God
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 am
Gender:

Post by thanatos »

:-k
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mico
Junior
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Mico »

You got introduced to your breath. Its probably 24/7 like this and you tricked your sensory blockade for a short while. I can trick it just for a second, only 1 inhale, then its back to the blockade and I cant smell a thing anymore.
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

Yeah, similar things have happened to me. A quick whiff .... Shocking every time.
thanatos
God
Posts: 651
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:11 am
Gender:

Post by thanatos »

:P
Last edited by thanatos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

Swishing salt water as far back as i can does a similar thing. You can sort of taste how bad your breath smells.... I think.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗