In the meantime I am drinking a yogurt drink called Biola which contains LGG, a particularly active and tough form of lacto bacillus to help re-colonize my intestines with good bacteria. I am also having a capsule of Jarrow's probiotic supplement a day.
I don't know about anyone else but when I take more than one capsule of regular probiotics I get very constipated. Never had that problem with primal defense. I am hoping that once I start taking VSL#3 I will literally crowd out the bad bacteria and should see some results. As always I will keep everyone posted.
My background: Female. Halitosis since puberty. Now in my early 30's. Taken lots of antibiotics throughout my life which is a major contributor to my halitosis I believe. Could also be hormonal in nature as BB started at the same time as puberty. No issues with allergies, PND, tonsils or sore throat.
Current regimen: Brush with regular toothpaste, floss, extensive tongue brushing (I have no gag reflex anymore - could probably become a sword swallower at a circus
Health conditions that might cause halitosis: I was diagnosed with nodular erosions in my stomach caused by painkillers. These are ulcer like erosions that gave me acid reflux and stomach pain after fatty meals. This is under control now. I think treating this condition helped alleviate the worst breath I ever had. I had this condition diagnosed through a endoscopy, where they stick a camera down your throat to look at your stomach.
Diet: Vegetarian most days and chicken twice a week at most.
Internally: Probiotics as mentioned above for the past one week.
Self diagnosis: I believe that my halitosis is a combination of: lack of good bacteria, possible hormonal interference with the colonization of good bacteria, untreated ulcer like condition, poor diet and possible candida. I did an online diagnostic test that said that based on my symptoms I have bacterial dysbiosis which is the overcrowding of bad bacteria in the intestines. The online diagnostic tool also mentioned other scary stuff so I will take this diagnosis with a pinch of salt. At any rate all arrows seem to point to the presence of more bacteria than good so that's my strategy at this point - crowding out the bad with the good. I will keep you posted.
