THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

smell on floss

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
222chick
Advanced
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:12 pm

smell on floss

Post by 222chick »

Do any of you notice a fecal scent on your floss when you clean around all or only a few teeth?

does that smell indicate what your breath is like?

I notice this around only one of my wisdom teeth..the top right one (I ACTUALLY HAVE EXTRA WISDOM TEETH LOL) .. i coat my floss with toothpaste for this tooth and it goes away after flossing it for a few seconds ..

anyway please share any flossing experiences
tdonline
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:09 pm

Post by tdonline »

It's not uncommon. If it's persistent, you may want to see the dentist. I had one very strong odor problem and it turns out the crown around the tooth was damaged and the tooth below it had a cavity.

Aside from flossing, I also use a mini-brush (I use the GUM brand "go between") and dip the into mouthwash and brush where I usually would flush.
jc
Sheriff
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:23 am

Post by jc »

I also can smell something fecal on my floss even when I had normal breath.I`ve also asked friends with normal breath if that happens to them too & they said yes so I`m assuming that it`s probably normal. I guess we have a catalyst in our mouths that magnifies the odor.
elliott
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:51 pm

Post by elliott »

Yeah. Where food gets stuck, the bacteria RUSHES over to go feast. I assume between the teeth is one of their favorite dining areas. Floss really really good after you eat meat.
Humble
Total Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 4:26 am

Wisdom Tooth Odor

Post by Humble »

I experience this issue. I run the floss between all of my teeth and take a whiff. I smell nothing. When I run the floss between my Wisdom Teeth, there is this offensive fecal-like smell. I have some hope that the problem may be dental-related. I have gone to 2 dentists that told me the same thing; to brush my gums. They were idiots. I have finally consulted with an Oral Surgeon that advised that I have my Wisdom Teeth extracted and get Periodontal treatments. I hope that will be the remedy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗