THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Please help!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
GoodLuck!
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:44 pm

Please help!

Post by GoodLuck! »

I`ve had bad breath for as long as i remember. I have no idea what causes it. My pride and dignity prevents me from speaking about it with people i know, so i do not know a lot about the smell. But it`s real. In some weak desperate moments i`ve confronted my mother about it, and it has been confirmed. Like it has been so many times throughout those school years, at work, at partys. The suffering has been endless.

I actually managed to tell my doctor once. He said he could not smell anyting. You know its bizarre. Sometimes it actually doesnt smells. There has even been times i`ve noticed people enjoy speaking to me, face to face. These are some of the best memories i have. Unfortunately im so paranoid of the humiliation that i have 24\7 protective routines disabling me from getting the knowledge i need about my desease.
I do not speak to people when they are close to me. I do not look at people sitting next to me. I mumble and i mimic, rather than answering. People think im unstable. So happy in one occation, so arrogant the other. Funny isnt it. I just want to send good vibrations to everyone :(

So i do not really know at which times i have bad breath or not. I just know its most of the time.

The puzzle

I`ve always had a chronic cold. When i was 8 a surgeon removed my "fake nostrils" . That took away 90% of the snot. The last 10% i still have. That combined with a pretty strong allergy has put me in a pretty bad ear, nose, throat condition.

I do know that my bad breath comes both from my nose and from my mouth. it tends to be worse from the mouth.
It might be an illusion but i do believe it smells worse 20-90cm away from me, than it does 5cm away. Sometimes i notice even from people standing up to 2 meters away. I shouldnt laugh uncontrolled.

I use anti-histamines such as Zyrtec. I also use a spray for the nose called NasoNex. The spray helped my nose and my allergy, it didn`t help my bad breath.

Periods where i have been using anti-biotics, tends to be a little better. Same goes for Kortison-injections.

I`ve had huge problems with my teeths as i`ve been chewing gum 50% of my awake time for years. My oral hygiene should still be acceptable. The bad breath problems spans far beyond the times when my teeths was perfect.

I was a smoker for some years, but the bb problems go way far back.

My lounges are very good.

I have a strong digestion.

A medicine that do help sometimes is called SB12. It is a moutwash containing among others Zinc Acetate, Chiorhxidine Diacetate, Sodium Flouride, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Potassium Acesulfame.

Before getting to technical. I guess their is no miracel solution. Maybe i am doomed to live with this for the rest of my life, if i knew so, i wouldnt want to live. Still, I do have hope and i want to take responsibility. So my questions to you guys is;

Where do i begin? What does work? Does anybody recognize my condition? Who do i consult? What do i ask? What do i present?

I wish you all the best. I know what a terribly underrated desease we all have and how it hurts. Good Luck!

Rob
jc
Sheriff
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:23 am

Post by jc »

Welcome aboard.
I think taking a gas chromatography test is the best way to start.
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

Yes, if you can find a clinic with the OralChroma, at least you will find out if the source is oral or not.

Your condition mirrors mine, except SB12 doesn't really help me (well maybe for 10 minutes but it makes it worse in the long run), and I don't have colds. I do have allergies though, and a non-problematic respiratory/digestive system 8) I also get reactions from metres away, even when not speaking (so the nasal air is definitely involved).

Where you from?
GoodLuck!
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:44 pm

Post by GoodLuck! »

Cheers!

I am from Oslo, Norway.

I will do this gas chromatography test. I`ll be back with results later.

Also i recived the answers of a CT scan i did of the sinuses some days ago. It seems like i have a 2.5cm diameter Polyp or Cyste in my left maximillarsinus. How long can this thing have been around? Could it relate to BB?

Larc400: now the SB12 doesnt help either anymore. It did help for some days tho which is a finding in itself.

What has been helping previously is;

1) AntiBiotics

2) Amphetamine, as in the drug snorted.(Did this years back for some months). Totally cleaned the whole system for a day or two every time i took it(Can you imagine i was close to being addicted :) ), than it got 5 times worse for some days, before returning to normal. Had to stop cause it was so unhealthy, but it really gave me some good breaks from this nightmare..

3) A nasal spray called Otrivin actually removed the whole problem for an entire day. Only problem is this nasal spray is way to powerful to use in the long run.
Larc400
God
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:27 pm

Post by Larc400 »

If you plan to do the OralChroma, here's the Dutch clinic that offers it. I got the link from John (on this forum, who had the OralChroma results):

http://www.kvpa.nl/halitose/

Although maybe there are some local Norweigan clinics that have the same machine. I'm going to check if the Swedish bb clinic has one, though I doubt it.
VICKSTER
Advanced
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:25 pm

Solobacteria moorei

Post by VICKSTER »

Hey Guy's,
Anybody find any info on Solobacterium moorei ? We have to find out more about this. Please everyone work on this. Thanks, Vickster
GoodLuck!
Newbie
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:44 pm

Post by GoodLuck! »

thx for the link Larc! I will schedule a trip there on the next suiting occasion.

A little update on my situation in the hope that it will give inspiration to others.

Instead of neglecting my condition I am pursuing a cure acitivily for the first tine in years and i guess this forum has been a driving factor. I am learning more about my desease which i know understood that i previously didn`t know anything about.

I have done some simpel task that has made me better, so far, the last days.

1) Dodge sugar
2) Scrape my tounge - I feel i dont get fare enough back. I only scrape the visible parts. Could i get a tounge scraper that will actually reach all the way down on my tounge without making me gag
3)Drink water

By establishing a more healthy flora i`ve also been capable of identifiying sources who makes the problem worse.

1)Coca Cola - From 15 minutes after i drink until 1h30m.
2)Coffee - For hours

I guess these "findings" goes far back for you who are more experienced mapping the condition but i do hope to proceed to more advanced stages of the cure.

Next step will be

1) A radiologist found a 2.5 cm diamter large(?) polyp in my left maxillarsinus. I do not know how this can be related to my condition(s), BB; lot of snot, allergy, pressure in all sinuses(Especially on the top of the face). I am aiming for a surgery and i hope i can give a positive response to all of you in this soon.

2) Du the oralChroma. Bitch i found this out now, was in Holland 1 week ago! Guess it will take a couple of months to get there.



Any more ideas to how i can proceed?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗