THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
TMAU
-
yeagermeister
- Junior
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:33 am
-
BronxJazzy
Me,
I agree 100% with your statement about TMAU. Its a rare desease and has a vary characteristic smell of either fish or dead fish when very high trimethy(whetever it's called) is found and in lower numbers can give off a garbage like smell. Also not everyone with TMAU has bad breath but they all have some form of body odor.
Yeagermeister I was the one that had emailed back and forth with Dr. Preti and I am surprised that he hasn't replied to you in so long
. I always kept my emails short but sweet and put in the subject line what I was writting to him about so he knew it wasn't junk email or something. I repied to him back and forth for a few days and he always replied to me the same day. Some days it was a couple of emails a day.
I agree 100% with your statement about TMAU. Its a rare desease and has a vary characteristic smell of either fish or dead fish when very high trimethy(whetever it's called) is found and in lower numbers can give off a garbage like smell. Also not everyone with TMAU has bad breath but they all have some form of body odor.
Yeagermeister I was the one that had emailed back and forth with Dr. Preti and I am surprised that he hasn't replied to you in so long
-
BronxJazzy
because of my unbelievably bad ocd I could not rest until I got checked for tmau. So I took the test and it came back negative. Not only was it negative but I had extremely low levels of tma in my system even after the choline load, and my enzyme levels are higher than average. All that stuff means I have a completely healthy liver. I am glad I got the test done. It helped to ease my mind.So I dont know if tmau is related to bb.
tmau is related to some bb and bo, but not necesarily to yours. i think there are some 5-10 different encime defficiencies that can cause bo and bb. any encime in the complex choline metabolism can be faulty and you can have only mild clinical symptomes but bo/bb. why can be choline metabolism disrupted? because there are several paths of them, and one less wont count. everybody gets way more choline via diet than it is necesarily for normal brain funtioning so thats why ppl with a choline metabolism problem are not retarded!
TMAU has to be present very early on in life.....
I just wanted to add that from doing my own research in the past; a Doctor mentioned that TMAU had to be present from early on in life, and if we're experiencing these symptoms in the last few years, or even during out teens, then it is highly on likely that anyone is suffereing from TMAU. Which is why it's a rare disease.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.