THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Wisdom Tooth as a possible cause O.o?
Wisdom Tooth Odor
I am a little encouraged about the accounts of Wisdom tooth extractions. I am scheduled to have mine extracted in July 2008. I have tried with no avail, to use the Waterpik to clean my molars. Nothing helps. I don't appear to have problems with the other teeth. I have tried Therabreath, which is a temporary fix. It only works for 2 hours. I have to carry around a toothbrush, tongue scraper and travel-sized bottle of Therabreath. It doesn't seem to be anything other than a glorified bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide. If the treatment doesn't work, I am considering extracting all of my teeth and getting implants. I have avoided social situations for sometime now. If I have to go (family get togethers), I try to greet people quickly and go outside. Family members and friends are puzzled why I am not married yet, but I know that I have to resolve this issue. I am heartbroken. I start Graduate School in the Fall and am mortified of what lies ahead.
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
I had my wisdom tooth extracted about weeks ago, and I think my BB condition has improved immensely!
I never thought that my wisdom tooth was causing my BB. It or the areas aorund it never smelled(or so I thought). It's impacted - the crown was small and crooked. I know food always got stuck there but I made it a point to thoroughly clean it after eating.
When I read "Cured's" post about this, I immediately called my dentist for an appointment. His post really made sense to me. I've really been planning to have this tooth extracted anyway, not because of BB, but because it was a chore to clean it and it has no use really because it was really small to use for chewing.
Hours after the extraction, I had this feeling that my mouth was fresher than before. My PND did not taste like something anymore. I didn't want to believe that this has cured my BB - like many here I've been frustrated a thousand times before with various "fixes" and products. But after going to parties, eating food that BB sufferers like us should "avoid"(sugary, cheese, eggs, etc.), the reactions have stopped. No embarassing moments for two weeks now.
I don't have the guts to ask someone to check my breath, so I can't fully conclude that my BB is cured. What I can tell you is the reactions have stopped - the coughing, gagging, throat-clearing, etc. And please don' t tell me it is just halitophobia(you know who you are).
I never thought that my wisdom tooth was causing my BB. It or the areas aorund it never smelled(or so I thought). It's impacted - the crown was small and crooked. I know food always got stuck there but I made it a point to thoroughly clean it after eating.
When I read "Cured's" post about this, I immediately called my dentist for an appointment. His post really made sense to me. I've really been planning to have this tooth extracted anyway, not because of BB, but because it was a chore to clean it and it has no use really because it was really small to use for chewing.
Hours after the extraction, I had this feeling that my mouth was fresher than before. My PND did not taste like something anymore. I didn't want to believe that this has cured my BB - like many here I've been frustrated a thousand times before with various "fixes" and products. But after going to parties, eating food that BB sufferers like us should "avoid"(sugary, cheese, eggs, etc.), the reactions have stopped. No embarassing moments for two weeks now.
I don't have the guts to ask someone to check my breath, so I can't fully conclude that my BB is cured. What I can tell you is the reactions have stopped - the coughing, gagging, throat-clearing, etc. And please don' t tell me it is just halitophobia(you know who you are).
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
-
daveparker
- Advanced
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:10 am
-
daveparker
- Advanced
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:10 am
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
-
daveparker
- Advanced
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:10 am
still got a couple grand in the bank, don't pay many bills, and am only 20...n i'm not going to sit around and wait for a miracle cure, and in the process ruin my future, i have developed social anxiety disorder and chronic depression because of this, honestly if this doesn't solve my problem, that'll be the end of me.Jimi wrote:wow that is a lot of money
-
daveparker
- Advanced
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:10 am
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.