THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Gum Pockets

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Snobuni
Sheriff
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 am

Gum Pockets

Post by Snobuni »

Hi,

Could anybody tell me what exactly a gum pocket is, what it looks like and how its treated?

I know it's a space between gums and teeth that can trap food and bacteria, but is it obvious when you have them?

I've asked my dentist if I have them and she said no, but I can get my floss way up into the gum for some teeth (not forced at all), almost up to the top or bottom of the tooth. The floss doesn't seem to smell when I do this and my gums aren't swollen and don't bleed.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

no these are not pockets i have the same condition as you, pockets are kind if gums receeding they have a dark line and you can see the base of the tooth below
halihope
Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by halihope »

JIMI
I have receding rums because they look exactly how you described them except no dark line and I can floss without any problem, no blood ect. don't hurt either. Do you think I should bring this up with dentist and what should he do?

By the way the cancer came to me after my kidney transplant about 2 years ago, I have not really suffer much since I did not need chemotherapy just taking Gleevec a miracle medicine for this type of leukemia and did not lose much hair. I am in my mid forties and don't look as sick as I am and don't like to think about it. God keeps me going, happy, and laughing!! The truth is the bb is the worst thing for me.
Snobuni
Sheriff
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:53 am

Post by Snobuni »

Thanks for the reply Jimi. Does this mean that these areas probably aren't a source of bb then? :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗