THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
no cosmetic help
no cosmetic help
hi.I am a new member of this site.but please recommend us mouthwashes,gums or other cosmetic products.because I know that they wont solve our problem.but who will help us.
The only thing you will need is a TUNG brush. Trust me, this thing is different to anything else you have tried. It works better than any tongue scraper or mouthwash or whatever. It costs only like 5$ + 5$ for the gel. I use regular listerine, Im not going to waste any more money to expensive mouthwashes that dont work anyway...
-
waitingforrelief
- Sheriff
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am
hi noptical,
how's the tung brush different? i THINK i've used it before but didn't think it was any different - but i've tried so many things i can't remember anymore. i now use a stainless steel tongue cleaner and thought it's fine. but am curious as to why you think the tung brush is superior. care to explain? thanks.
how's the tung brush different? i THINK i've used it before but didn't think it was any different - but i've tried so many things i can't remember anymore. i now use a stainless steel tongue cleaner and thought it's fine. but am curious as to why you think the tung brush is superior. care to explain? thanks.
i just use a regular toothbrush and brush the gel into my tongue for 2 whole minutes. You cant let any salyva get on the tongue surface during this time otherwise it dilutes the product.
Then i simply scrape my tongue with an orasweet toungue cleaner.
And repeat the whole process again but this time only brush tongue with gel for 30 seconds, then clean my teeth, gums, cheeks etc.. and scrape again.
this works just fine.
But im sure the tung brush is better as it has a wider head.
Then i simply scrape my tongue with an orasweet toungue cleaner.
And repeat the whole process again but this time only brush tongue with gel for 30 seconds, then clean my teeth, gums, cheeks etc.. and scrape again.
this works just fine.
But im sure the tung brush is better as it has a wider head.
Well it was recommended by oceanside (a member here) so I bought one. It indeed works unlike any tongue scraper. Tongscrapers just scrape the surface of the tongue and thats all. Tung brush is obviously a brush, it does a LOT better cleaning than a tongue scraper in less time.waitingforrelief wrote:hi noptical,
how's the tung brush different? i THINK i've used it before but didn't think it was any different - but i've tried so many things i can't remember anymore. i now use a stainless steel tongue cleaner and thought it's fine. but am curious as to why you think the tung brush is superior. care to explain? thanks.
Before TUNG brush, I was using a tongue scraper too. But all it did was clean a little of that white stuff (only whats on the surface) and sometimes made my tongue bleed. TUNG brush on the other hand will make your tongue pink like you probably never seen it, every time you use it. Try it, its only 10$ if you live in the US and tell me how it worked for you.
Listerine
You know I see so many people who suffer with bb making their own problems worse. We should know the basics; any alcohol in a product will not work; it will only create more odor; in the long run it will cause a chronic dryness.
It would be better to use nothing than something that makes it worse. Biotene is the only toothpaste I have found that doesn't make my odor more offensive. But it is still lacking.
Okay, our breath is always going to be bad, no doubt. But we who suffer know that there is bad, terrible, and watch out.
Products with alcohol, strong astringents, soaps like sodium Lauryl sulfate, some concentrated oils, baking soda and other ingredients found in common supermarket variety brands; will make it rise up the scale.
In the long run you're helping to create an environment for this odorous bacteria.
We need to understand the basic stuff.
This may be far fetched; but could it have been these ill suited products that we used as children; such as Crest and Colgate, Aim, Peroxide rinses; that could have caused our imbalance?
I had been using crest toothpaste as a child; sometimes using listerine and whatever other alcohol cocktail mouthwashes that were available at the time.
I found early in life I had some irritation from the products; I would get some bumps on the skin in my mouth; thick saliva, and bb.
Even if it isn't true that it was the cause; we know it exacerbates our condition. And we are responsible if we continue to use them.
For almost one year, I brushed with nothing but my tongue brush and sonicare and water. My breath was actually better than when I used products. but I use the biotene for the flouride component. (though I'm wondering about that as well)
We can't complain if we make it worse. My recent experience tells me that I have been going in the wrong direction for my cure.
Laura
It would be better to use nothing than something that makes it worse. Biotene is the only toothpaste I have found that doesn't make my odor more offensive. But it is still lacking.
Okay, our breath is always going to be bad, no doubt. But we who suffer know that there is bad, terrible, and watch out.
Products with alcohol, strong astringents, soaps like sodium Lauryl sulfate, some concentrated oils, baking soda and other ingredients found in common supermarket variety brands; will make it rise up the scale.
In the long run you're helping to create an environment for this odorous bacteria.
We need to understand the basic stuff.
This may be far fetched; but could it have been these ill suited products that we used as children; such as Crest and Colgate, Aim, Peroxide rinses; that could have caused our imbalance?
I had been using crest toothpaste as a child; sometimes using listerine and whatever other alcohol cocktail mouthwashes that were available at the time.
I found early in life I had some irritation from the products; I would get some bumps on the skin in my mouth; thick saliva, and bb.
Even if it isn't true that it was the cause; we know it exacerbates our condition. And we are responsible if we continue to use them.
For almost one year, I brushed with nothing but my tongue brush and sonicare and water. My breath was actually better than when I used products. but I use the biotene for the flouride component. (though I'm wondering about that as well)
We can't complain if we make it worse. My recent experience tells me that I have been going in the wrong direction for my cure.
Laura
-
waitingforrelief
- Sheriff
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am
Re: Listerine
i agree - all those commonly-used commercial toothpaste make my breath worse too. the kind that i've been using that doesn't seem to be bad is jason's healthy mouth. i've tried at least a few different kinds of "natural" toothpaste and that seems to work the best. (no weird interaction with my saliva that causes weird tastes in my mouth.)LJ wrote:You know I see so many people who suffer with bb making their own problems worse. We should know the basics; any alcohol in a product will not work; it will only create more odor; in the long run it will cause a chronic dryness.
It would be better to use nothing than something that makes it worse. Biotene is the only toothpaste I have found that doesn't make my odor more offensive. But it is still lacking.
Okay, our breath is always going to be bad, no doubt. But we who suffer know that there is bad, terrible, and watch out.
Products with alcohol, strong astringents, soaps like sodium Lauryl sulfate, some concentrated oils, baking soda and other ingredients found in common supermarket variety brands; will make it rise up the scale.
In the long run you're helping to create an environment for this odorous bacteria.
We need to understand the basic stuff.
This may be far fetched; but could it have been these ill suited products that we used as children; such as Crest and Colgate, Aim, Peroxide rinses; that could have caused our imbalance?
I had been using crest toothpaste as a child; sometimes using listerine and whatever other alcohol cocktail mouthwashes that were available at the time.
I found early in life I had some irritation from the products; I would get some bumps on the skin in my mouth; thick saliva, and bb.
Even if it isn't true that it was the cause; we know it exacerbates our condition. And we are responsible if we continue to use them.
For almost one year, I brushed with nothing but my tongue brush and sonicare and water. My breath was actually better than when I used products. but I use the biotene for the flouride component. (though I'm wondering about that as well)
We can't complain if we make it worse. My recent experience tells me that I have been going in the wrong direction for my cure.
Laura
the other thing is i started oil pulling. my mouth feels so clean afterwards (after brushing ALL over the mouth while water is in the mouth) that i really feel lik i wouldn't need toothpaste. i use some anyway (after brushing with a seperate brush with only water). but what you need to remember is you have to clean out the mouth with water thoroughly. because all this bacteria has been pulled out and swished around for so long.
the quiz
Oil pulling is something that could be beneficial to a over-sensitive, chemically assaulted mouth. I've done it a few times. I think it depends on the oil and it's properties. It would probably be considered one of the safer things to do for your oral tissue.
I'm also thinking that maybe we should assemble what we know about products; and then poll the group as to what we are currently using. Then we can find out if people are actually using products that make matters worse.
LJ
I'm also thinking that maybe we should assemble what we know about products; and then poll the group as to what we are currently using. Then we can find out if people are actually using products that make matters worse.
LJ
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.