THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Laser treatment + rinoflow

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
G
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Laser treatment + rinoflow

Post by G »

Hi there,

I come from Holland and have bad breath too.
I have had 2 nose surgeries but i didn`t help, i will always breath with my mouth.
My social life is a wreck because i don`t wana talk with people specially with girls, even i like them much :D
I tried al the stuff, mouthwashes, k12 probiotics but nothing works for me.
In the summer my bad breath is much more, do you have that too?
In the past i`ve read something about laser treatment, it would work for most bad breath sufferers in that case, but never heard anything about it.
I`ve read something about the rinoflow in the beginners guide, maybe it will work for me because of my nose surgeries 2 times.
I`m 22 years old, i will be crazy.
Something i have to say:
JZ
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by JZ »

Hi G,
I also come from Holland.
I believe in lasertreatment but they don't do it here.
The doctors here work only out of the book. If the treatment is not in the book then there is no solution for them. That's how I think about them. I think it maybe also has to do with the insurance-system.
Years ago one told me: "You have to learn to live with it"

Do you also have a white coating on your tongue ?
I have it.
But since two year now I can breath through my nose.
It was a relief to find out how to do that.
emotional rescue
Sheriff
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

Post by emotional rescue »

i did the laser proceedment, you can get a lot of reviews about it browsing about that in the forum,

but basically, the results are the same of having tonsil stones and getting a classic tonsyllectomy. In fact, two years later of the laser i think my tonsil stones came back. But i still think it reduced my bb to 70%...
G
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by G »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

JZ:
Where you from?
I know it`s a crap in Holland, there is no interest for bad breath.
Dentists don`t know what to do with halitosis.
I`m not gonna live with bad breath my whole life, i`m 22 years old.
I do have a white coating on my tongue, in the summer it`s much more because i`m always sleeping with my mouth open.
Is you`re bad breath been better now you breath through you`re nose?

emotional rescue:
What did you have to pay for the treatment and where have you done it?
Did you have a tonsyllectomy? what have they done precisely?
sun
Junior
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 8:21 am

Post by sun »

ER,
Whats the difference between doing a laser treatment for your tonsils or the 'old school' way? Would laser be less effective? I read somewhere that laser is quicker and also hurts less. I just want to know if this will have the same impact. Whether it will completely remove the tonsils/adenoids just like a normal procedure would. Also can you give me details on the cost, recovery period, etc.
JZ
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by JZ »

G,
I am from Mokum ;)
Yes, they (old school medicine) are not interested in halitosis.
But I think halitosis treatment is not in the field of a dentist.
Because the problem is (most of the time) not directly in the teeth.
I think it is more in the ENT field. (KNO)

You don't wanna live with it your whole life !
That's what I also thought when I was that age.
And now I am almost dubble of that age and I still live !
I hope for you that you get rid of it soon.
It seems to be a live time search for a cure.

I know it is always there but sometimes you don't think about it.
And that are the best times, till somebody reminds you (verbal or non-verbal).

Ok, You also have white coating on your tongue.
Do you also have PND (Post Nasal Drip) ?
Do you have allergies ?
I have both.

I can breath through nose now.
It is more relax to breath but the bb is the same, I think.
The first days of breathing through my nose gave me a exciting experience.
Breath through your mouth makes your mouth dryer and that is worse for your halitosis.

Did you already have your tonsils removed ?
Do you use a tongue scraper ?
G
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by G »

JZ i`ve found this.
http://www.umcutrecht.nl/zorg/patienten ... enlaseren/
or do you think it`s about the palatine tonsils and not the lingual tonsils?
JZ
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by JZ »

G wrote:JZ i`ve found this.
http://www.umcutrecht.nl/zorg/patienten ... enlaseren/
or do you think it`s about the palatine tonsils and not the lingual tonsils?
G,
Interesting page.
I did not know that they do this here in Holland.
Is it covered by the insurance ?

The cause of bb can lie in both, I think.
If I understand dr. Finkelstein well then he treats the palatine tonsils and not the lingual tonsils.

My palatine tonsils have been removed, since my childhood.
But there can still be small parts of it.

Did you already have your (palatine) tonsils removed ?
What kind of nose surgeries did you do ?
G
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by G »

JZ:
Ajax for life!!!
What exactly is PND? (maybe in Dutch).
I don`t know it is covered, if it is I think it`s a long way before they will do it.
None of the tonsils are removed for me.
The surgeries i have had are 2 times a septum (neustussenschot) correction.
I do use a tongue scraper but in the summer the whole day my tongue has a coating.
JZ
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by JZ »

G,
PND is Post Nasal Drip.
That is when mucus is dripping from the back of your nose into your throat.
This continues the whole day but most people don't notice it.
You can google it.

Is the cause of your bb not in your tonsils ?
Did you already discussed that with the doctor ?
Maybe you can look at them yourself with a little throatmirror (dentalmirror).
With a good light you can maybe see how they look.

A long time ago (20 y.) I also did a septum correction.
I certain tongscraper helped me to get my nose open.
Because you have to go deep in your throat to get the beack of your tongue "clean".
I used one type of tongscraper for years but when I changed to an other type and used it in the evening. That night I noticed that my nose came open. I felt a stream of cold air through my nose. That first time was an exciting feeling. My nose is open since then. (I use it every day)

I do not see much difference in the summer or winter.
Do you have allergies?
Have you done a test for that ?
G
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by G »

JZ,

I don`t think i have PND.
It is possible that the cause of my BB is in the tonsils but i never had any problem with the tonsils.
August the 13th i will go to the KNO docter, i`m gonna ask him he will take a look.
When i look to my tongue i see some little bumps, so maybe it is the cause.

I don`t know i have an allergie but i don`t think so, i didn`t do an test before.
I can breath through my nose, but when i`m sleeping my mouth goes open automatic.

And you how is your BB at the moment?
Do you have a girlfriend/wife?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗