THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
The Ambiguous Reactions Thread
I think my BB has been pretty bad lately due to reckless diet. Here are some of the not so ambiguous reactions I get working on the floor of a Best Buy:
Strange/confused stares
Nose touching
Putting finger under nostril so as to block smell
Stepping to the side of me (as opposed to face-to-face) a few seconds after the start of a conversation. (This one has been happening a lot lately.)
Always being very curt with me, then seeking out other employees to ask the same question they just asked me.
Coughing
Little kids very obviously pinching their noses, some younger kids (like 7-10 age range) will accidentally make comments like "He has bad breath" to their friends while I'm still in ear-shot.
This BB Disease is ridiculous.
Strange/confused stares
Nose touching
Putting finger under nostril so as to block smell
Stepping to the side of me (as opposed to face-to-face) a few seconds after the start of a conversation. (This one has been happening a lot lately.)
Always being very curt with me, then seeking out other employees to ask the same question they just asked me.
Coughing
Little kids very obviously pinching their noses, some younger kids (like 7-10 age range) will accidentally make comments like "He has bad breath" to their friends while I'm still in ear-shot.
This BB Disease is ridiculous.
-
daveparker
- Advanced
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:10 am
Once my old boss came over and joked around that it is pretty obvious that you like your space and you don't like people getting too close. He had a smirk on his face. What made me sad is that when people would get close to my computer to look at something I would get up quick and let them sit down so we would not have to be side to side with our faces. Anyway he knew that I knew he was referring to my bb even though it was not clearly stated. I got it mofo!
-
brokenbuthopeful
- Newbie
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:35 pm
- Location: UK
lolz......i cant stop laughing. i have got tears in my eyes because of excessive laughing. u presented the situation in such a funny way......lolz....dont be offended, i am one of u and i just came back from my bank. keeping a safe distance b/t me and my services provider. when he said how can i help u sir? i said in my heart. yes u can by steeping a few steps backward as i dont want u to be knocked off.......lolz...elliott wrote:Yeah, she smelled that big funk and thought twice. LOL
I really hate it when people ASK for it. They ask you a question right in your face, and you have no choice but to answer. I must have the most pathetic smirk on my face whenever that happens, because I know what's going to happen next.
For now on, that girl is going to touch her nose whenever she sees you. It's funny how people never forget smelling that 1st whiff. You are now associated with the smell of shit to her.
I LOL'd too. I forgot I posted that! Sometimes it's good to just laugh at ourselves. It's pathetic, but therapeutic in a way.brokenbuthopeful wrote:lolz......i cant stop laughing. i have got tears in my eyes because of excessive laughing. u presented the situation in such a funny way......lolz....dont be offended, i am one of u and i just came back from my bank. keeping a safe distance b/t me and my services provider. when he said how can i help u sir? i said in my heart. yes u can by steeping a few steps backward as i dont want u to be knocked off.......lolz...elliott wrote:Yeah, she smelled that big funk and thought twice. LOL
I really hate it when people ASK for it. They ask you a question right in your face, and you have no choice but to answer. I must have the most pathetic smirk on my face whenever that happens, because I know what's going to happen next.
For now on, that girl is going to touch her nose whenever she sees you. It's funny how people never forget smelling that 1st whiff. You are now associated with the smell of shit to her.
-
daveparker
- Advanced
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 7:10 am
Ambiguous today...i was talking to a coworker who was like 6-7 feet away and she put her hand over her mouth and nose for a minute or two...and the not so ambiguous reactions I got today.........some1 i had talked to b4 was walking away with a friend, and i heard him say that my breath smelled, a customer said something to one of his friends how my breath smelled like mad ass, another customer asked his friend what's that smell, and the all too common, wtf look on their faces, i am fuckin tired of this so much, and i know i am screwed the rest of my life because of this fuckin shit, wtf did i do to deserve this fuckin curse.
I never feel comfortable during a conversation. Sometimes I feel like I'm forced to keep my mouth shut, but when I talk I'm forced to talk, because it's impolite to ignore someone. I have been able to speak to some people, but I always have to keep my sentences short.
On the internet or on the phone, I'm much more comfortable and I think people realize it. I wonder if they even know that why I don't like to talk is becuase of my bb.
On the internet or on the phone, I'm much more comfortable and I think people realize it. I wonder if they even know that why I don't like to talk is becuase of my bb.
smell while in car
Do you guys ever smell rotten egg in your car while you drive? Is that the car or is it me?
Worst reaction i got was ... I was actually at a doctor about to go for my pre op (surgery) and was checking out. The lady at the counter asked me a question and all i said was "Yes" She started coughing so bad and a nurse came close to her and asked her is she was "OK". She started saying "bad bacteria bad bacteria"
I dont even know how i walked out. I remember feeling like crap and actually hoping that my surgery would go bad and i would die.
I dont even know how i walked out. I remember feeling like crap and actually hoping that my surgery would go bad and i would die.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.