Do we take it and at the same time take some probiotics in order to get the balance in favour of the "good" bacteria..? If so, which probiotics do we use? Is there even a point in taking probiotics, can they really start populating the areas where the anaerobic bacteria lived before being blasted by the antibiotics? Questions, questions, questions... any bacteriologists in the house??
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
metrogyl 200
If we're all gonna try the triple-antibiotic treatment for H-pylori, I guess we should first decide on a "plan of action".
Do we take it and at the same time take some probiotics in order to get the balance in favour of the "good" bacteria..? If so, which probiotics do we use? Is there even a point in taking probiotics, can they really start populating the areas where the anaerobic bacteria lived before being blasted by the antibiotics? Questions, questions, questions... any bacteriologists in the house??
Do we take it and at the same time take some probiotics in order to get the balance in favour of the "good" bacteria..? If so, which probiotics do we use? Is there even a point in taking probiotics, can they really start populating the areas where the anaerobic bacteria lived before being blasted by the antibiotics? Questions, questions, questions... any bacteriologists in the house??
no thats also what im thinking. It may do the trick, regardless of the presence of h. pylori.
But If your problem is fungal then you need an anti-fungal agent to treat candida. I dont know why but im on the whole candida trip now. I will first treat myself for that, then if that doesnt work i will try the antibiotics, because i need a 4 week rest from antibiotics after the metro.
If none of that works then i'll save for cryptolysis, coz thats really the only thing we know for sure has cured people here.
But If your problem is fungal then you need an anti-fungal agent to treat candida. I dont know why but im on the whole candida trip now. I will first treat myself for that, then if that doesnt work i will try the antibiotics, because i need a 4 week rest from antibiotics after the metro.
If none of that works then i'll save for cryptolysis, coz thats really the only thing we know for sure has cured people here.
Sorry waitingforrelief for not answering your question sooner. There are a lot of posts everyday on this site, and I've missed a lot of them, cause between school and work, I have very little time to do anything else.waitingforrelief wrote:jess,jess wrote:
Stay strong and take care John. Don't be discouraged cause I really feel that there's hope for us. I mean, I'm still struggling with this bb problem but for the past three months or so I notice that my bb has improved a lot. And if it can be improved maybe someday if won't get in the way of everything I do anymore.
could you share what it is that you've been doing which caused the improvement?
thanks.
What is helping me is taking probiotics. Other things have helped also, such as not eating meat, taking zinc supplements, and internal cleansing, but I feel the best result come from taking the probiotic. I've tried many kinds of probiotics so far, but the one I feel a huge relief from is: "PerioImmune" from Perio-Defense FMD kit. They sell the kit at many websites, but I think that perio-tek is the main site, not sure. As I said before, I still suffer from bb, but the intensity of it is much less. And I don't have that fecal taste in my mouth and in the back of my throat anymore.
The disadvantage of this product is that it comes as a kit containing two other products which I don't feel is helping me much. So I will try to write the manufacturer, asking them to sell the PerioImmune separately.
-
waitingforrelief
- Sheriff
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am
Sorry waitingforrelief for not answering your question sooner. There are a lot of posts everyday on this site, and I've missed a lot of them, cause between school and work, I have very little time to do anything else.jess wrote:
What is helping me is taking probiotics. Other things have helped also, such as not eating meat, taking zinc supplements, and internal cleansing, but I feel the best result come from taking the probiotic. I've tried many kinds of probiotics so far, but the one I feel a huge relief from is: "PerioImmune" from Perio-Defense FMD kit. They sell the kit at many websites, but I think that perio-tek is the main site, not sure. As I said before, I still suffer from bb, but the intensity of it is much less. And I don't have that fecal taste in my mouth and in the back of my throat anymore.
The disadvantage of this product is that it comes as a kit containing two other products which I don't feel is helping me much. So I will try to write the manufacturer, asking them to sell the PerioImmune separately.[/quote]
thanks for the reply, jess. maybe i'll look into the kind that you're trying. the problem is, i was on the probiotic track for over a month - but it's like my body has built resistance to it. i found the strain L. Salivarius to be very helpful for me and it seemed like it almost completely took away the breath for a while. then i had to keep increasing the dosage, and then it just didn't really work anymore. in the end, my breath got worse whenever the effect of the probiotics died off. and i think my body is suffering from some kind of side effects from over-using probiotics as well...
so it's a little scary to go that route again... i tried to look into the ingredients of perioimmune but coudln't find it. i am now trying to drink kefir instead. just started on that, so i don't know if it'll help.
i believe that my system needs a complete overhaul. and that i'll have to look beyond halitosis itself. i can feel that my body is simply not a "well-oiled machine", so to speak. what kind of cleansing are you doing? because i'm looking into it myself - have already ordered some supplies. but honestly kind of scared about doing it.
sometimes i get so depressed having this problem, at others i know that it is simply a sign that my body is telling me something's not working. but it's hard to not get overwhelmed by what might and and what's worked for whom, what i think it is related to other health issues, etc.etc...
you sound like you've got your two feet on the ground and that you have a pretty healthy attitude toward it all. thanks for your input.
Well, I should continue my report about the treatment.C wrote:I started my treatment saturday, it works in removing bb, but I can't stop worrying that it will come back when I finish the treatment.
This is a proof that bb(at least for me but I think that for others too) is caused by anaerobic bacteria like Prevotella and Fusobacterium, whether they are in the tonsils or other places.
I was surprised to see that in my country you don't need a prescription to buy Metranidazole. But I am cautious about thinking about long term treatment.
I finished my treatment with metronidazole friday, and it seems that my bb has not yet reappeared(or if it did, it is not that strong yet).
But I don't dare to dream that it has gone away for ever. The anaerobic bacteria could reappear progressively.
Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
Ref, candida - below is a link to the test I did for candida that proved negative...
http://www.cambridge-nutritional.com/Sc ... product=17
http://www.cambridge-nutritional.com/Sc ... product=17
hey C, thats good news. My bb came back strong the day after i finished my treatment.
I told a new doc today i wanted a treatment for candida to see if it helped my breath. He said I should use Listerine for my coated tongue
anyway, he prescribed me Nyastin lozenges for the candida but i went to 3 pharmacies and none of them had it. Apparently the lozenges arent produced anymore so tomorrow i will have to get my prescription changed. grrrrr
I told a new doc today i wanted a treatment for candida to see if it helped my breath. He said I should use Listerine for my coated tongue
anyway, he prescribed me Nyastin lozenges for the candida but i went to 3 pharmacies and none of them had it. Apparently the lozenges arent produced anymore so tomorrow i will have to get my prescription changed. grrrrr
Yes, it is good news, but I don't know if it will last. I'm sorry it didn't work for you.austuser wrote:hey C, thats good news. My bb came back strong the day after i finished my treatment.
I told a new doc today i wanted a treatment for candida to see if it helped my breath. He said I should use Listerine for my coated tongue![]()
Immediately after I finished the treatment I started to drink Heartsease (Viola tricolor) tea, because it seemed to help a little in the past when my bb was really bad. Usually at the beggining of the winter my bb gets very strong. This december it was so bad that it could be smelled even if I had my mouth closed. I then began to drink Heartsease tea and did a tibetan clay treatment(for detoxifying). My bb become as usual at the end of december, but I don't know for sure if the tea or the clay were the cause, maybe the temperature change did it.
What I observed these days is that my tongue became more coated. Has anybody seen this as a result of the metronidazole treatment?
In the summer my ENT said I have candida, and I did a treatment for that, but the tests I did at the hospital resulted that I didn't had candida. The treatment for candida didn't improved my bb.
Guys I was reading an arcticle about an antibiotic ("Moxifloxacin") on wikipedia and it says:
It seems that if treatment is not followed properly bacteria can build up resistance to the antibiotic. So if you're going to try metronidazole better try the full triple antibiotic treatment.Wikipedia wrote:Resistance to moxifloxacin arises in Mycobacterium tuberculosis if moxifloxacin is used alone instead of in combination with other anti-TB drugs
My bb has not yet reappeared. Maybe others should try it too, it might work.C wrote:Well, I should continue my report about the treatment.C wrote:I started my treatment saturday, it works in removing bb, but I can't stop worrying that it will come back when I finish the treatment.
This is a proof that bb(at least for me but I think that for others too) is caused by anaerobic bacteria like Prevotella and Fusobacterium, whether they are in the tonsils or other places.
I was surprised to see that in my country you don't need a prescription to buy Metranidazole. But I am cautious about thinking about long term treatment.
I finished my treatment with metronidazole friday, and it seems that my bb has not yet reappeared(or if it did, it is not that strong yet).
But I don't dare to dream that it has gone away for ever. The anaerobic bacteria could reappear progressively.
Anyway, I'll keep you posted.
well as i said before, metronidazole got rid of my bad breath then it came back even worse.
I have been reading plenty about candida yeast infections and have convinced myself that my problem is fungal. I started Nystatin oral drops today for the candida and 12 hours later my breath is good.
The reason i believe this (may) work is that anti-fungal medications like nystatin only attack fungi, not good bacteria. In fact, i have read a couple of articles that say probiotics can be taken with anti-fungals, as they do not affect each other.
People with fungal infections who treat them with anti-fungals can have the fungus reappear after treatment, so taking probiotics along with the treatment can prevent an overgrowth of fungus after stopping treatment.
I have also read that people who take antibiotics should acompany them with an antifungal, so that once the antibiotic course is done, there isn't an overgrowth of opportunistic candida.
As I said, when i stopped metronidazole my breath came back much worse than before. I started an anti-fungal treatment today, and already my breath is almost %100 better. I can keep taking probiotics as the antifungal will not kill the good bacteria.
If my bad breath is not candida related, why is an anti-fungal medication curing my bad breath?
I know someone mentioned before that they took nystatin oral drops before, which relieved them of their bad breath but it came back after treatment. This could be because this particular anti-fungal is for "oral thrush only" as the packaging says. I only found this out when i got home. My doctor didnt want to give me other anti-fungal, one they use on cancer patients, because he said thats "nasty stuff". There are others which are used for intestinal candida and esophagus candida, so if the oral drops dont work i may try those. The fact is, my bad breath is dissapearing as the candida fungas is being killed, which must mean the problem is fungal for me.
Then again, only time will tell.
I have been reading plenty about candida yeast infections and have convinced myself that my problem is fungal. I started Nystatin oral drops today for the candida and 12 hours later my breath is good.
The reason i believe this (may) work is that anti-fungal medications like nystatin only attack fungi, not good bacteria. In fact, i have read a couple of articles that say probiotics can be taken with anti-fungals, as they do not affect each other.
People with fungal infections who treat them with anti-fungals can have the fungus reappear after treatment, so taking probiotics along with the treatment can prevent an overgrowth of fungus after stopping treatment.
I have also read that people who take antibiotics should acompany them with an antifungal, so that once the antibiotic course is done, there isn't an overgrowth of opportunistic candida.
As I said, when i stopped metronidazole my breath came back much worse than before. I started an anti-fungal treatment today, and already my breath is almost %100 better. I can keep taking probiotics as the antifungal will not kill the good bacteria.
If my bad breath is not candida related, why is an anti-fungal medication curing my bad breath?
I know someone mentioned before that they took nystatin oral drops before, which relieved them of their bad breath but it came back after treatment. This could be because this particular anti-fungal is for "oral thrush only" as the packaging says. I only found this out when i got home. My doctor didnt want to give me other anti-fungal, one they use on cancer patients, because he said thats "nasty stuff". There are others which are used for intestinal candida and esophagus candida, so if the oral drops dont work i may try those. The fact is, my bad breath is dissapearing as the candida fungas is being killed, which must mean the problem is fungal for me.
Then again, only time will tell.
-
waitingforrelief
- Sheriff
- Posts: 424
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 am
C, congrats! that's very good news.C wrote:C wrote:C wrote: My bb has not yet reappeared. Maybe others should try it too, it might work.
could you share with us how/what your bb and bb-related conditions were like?
maybe it'll shed some light on who the metro could help and who may not benefit from it.
thanks so much.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.