THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

BB on TV

Tell us what happened to you today. It can be sad or happy thing.
bb_girl
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:19 am

BB on TV

Post by bb_girl »

I was watching Family Feud (those who don't live in US, this is a game show) and the question was:

"Name something you would do when someone has really bad breath."

OMG, this question probably doesn't mean anything to all these people without BB, but I felt like I was just stabbed! I'm glad I wasn't watching this with my friends because I'm sure all eyes would have been on me!

Anyway, the answers given were (not in order)

1) Tell them
2) Offer a mint
3) Bear with it
4) Cover nose
5) Breathe out

I was kind of sad watching this... *SIGH*
Speak_no_evil
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:46 am

Post by Speak_no_evil »

BB-girl, that had to be awful! I happen to like Family Feud a lot, and I am so glad I missed that episode. It's good you didn't have company at the time.

I'll admit to being a "Reality-TV" addict and these shows seem to always put people with BB on blast. They do the whole animated fume thing coming from their mouths. It really makes me cringe to see it. I have to mentally prepare myself when I know something like this is coming up. Thank god for Tivo. [-o<
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

I still vividly remember the 2 times i was watching TV with friends and a mouthwash commercial came on. I remember where it happened, who i was with and where i was sitting, eventho this was 15 years ago. I felt so small.
Iris
Junior
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:46 pm

Post by Iris »

Reading these stories, I recall the day I watched the episode of Sex and the City which has a guy with bad breath. I felt so sad that day because of the way a bad breath person was showed in this series I like so much. Samantha was the one who decided to date the guy despite of his bad breath. However, one day when she was not supporting to date him anymore because of his breath, she told him he had a strong bad breath. It is really sad that episode for us who suffer of BB. Carrie, in turn, cover her nose with a flower, pretending smelling it, when he talks to her. Have you guys seen that episode?
Speak_no_evil
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:46 am

Post by Speak_no_evil »

Archimonde wrote:I still vividly remember the 2 times i was watching TV with friends and a mouthwash commercial came on. I remember where it happened, who i was with and where i was sitting, eventho this was 15 years ago. I felt so small.
While this might seem counter-intuitive when I'm with someone and a mouthwash or toothpaste commercial comes on, I immediately began to talk about something in order to divert their attention.

I've never gotten into Sex in the City so I haven't seen that episode. But there are a slew of other shows that I've seen where the plot was centered around someone's breath.

I really think it's because most people still seem to think that the only reason someone's breath would smell bad is because they don't brush. Kind of like, it's an easy problem to get rid of and since we don't just get rid of it, we're open targets for ridicule. Like we deserve to be humiliated.
bb_girl
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:19 am

Post by bb_girl »

Speak_no_evil wrote: I really think it's because most people still seem to think that the only reason someone's breath would smell bad is because they don't brush.
I know! I don't want people to think that I don't brush my teeth!! But at the same time I don't want to talk about my BB and explain that I have tonsil stones, and smelly crypts, and a hairy tongue. In fact that might scare people even more! So sad...everyday...
ricka
Total Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by ricka »

I went to photo shop today, and lady asked me a ?, after i did answer she turned aroun and told her coleauge that i am disgusting.... i heard this so many times...............................i want to live...but this life in shadow gonna kill me soon
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi ricka,

mean people have a way of treating us like garbage. They are just mean people. Forget about them. Dont let them get you down.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗