THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

levaquin antibiotic

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sean1979
Newbie
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:06 am

levaquin antibiotic

Post by sean1979 »

There has been lot of discussions about antibiotics here. I have been on h.pylori treatment with antibiotics without having h.pylori and like many its only during the duration of the treatment I had relief. Let me also say that levaquin has been the most effective antibiotic for me.
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

Sean1979,

When were you on this antibiotic?????

Are you taking any now????????????


Drastic
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Drastic,

didn`t u take antibiotics after the tonsillectomy? I took a combination of metronidazole+amoxycilln for 5 days and the positive effect seems to last even after, which has never happened before ( bb would come back the day after I had stopped the antibiotic).
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi iva,

No, in UK, some hospitals dont give antibiotic after surgery. Who knows I might have some infection from surgery but they still dont give antibiotics.

I didnt get any antibiotics after my tonsillectomy last month.

I so hate those people at the hospital. I think it would have made a huge difference. Because who knows how many of the bad bacteria probably got into my wounds while they were healing. Antibiotics would have prevented this.

WEll apart from that my throat isnt in any pain or red or anything its fine.

Drastic
halihope
Master
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:30 pm

Post by halihope »

I have taken levaquin to treat a virus called KB and sure did not take my bb away :x

Drastic did taking out your tonsils helped any?
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi Halihope,

it helped somewhat in that poop tonsil stones gone.

But, still have another smell- more like coming from stomach though.

Drastic
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Hi, Drastic,

it`s really weird that u haven`t taken any antibiotics after the surgery...I suggest u find a way to get the HP treatment (PPI+2 antibiotics; metronidazole is too good not to try it). In case the doctor is not willing to prescribe anything, maybe s.o. can get the antibiotics for u from abroad. U really deserve to make the difference and to benefit from antibiotics. As I mentioned, I made a huge progress from my 1.improved oral hygiene + 2.increased the dosage of Nexium + 3.Metronidazole+Amoxycillin. I don`t know how it happened, but now I am able to communicate almost normally and get only slight reactions :-k
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

Thanks iva,

You are right. Antibiotics would have made a difference for me.

But, I will have to work hard to convince my new GP. That old man dont seem convinced somehow that anything is wrong with me.

Iva, how long have you been on the triple therapy? Days? Week?

Any reations.

drastic
iva
Master
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by iva »

Hi, Drastic

hope u convince the doctor u need antibiotics.
I am not really on the triple hp terapy. I am taking the ppi for my gerd and the antibiotics were my idea, I took them for 5 days but there seems to be a positive effect (been able to talk to two people face to face about 50 centimeters away without ANY reaction; and whenever I do get a reaction, its not that strong..)
User avatar
DRASTIC
Sheriff
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:35 am

Post by DRASTIC »

Hi iva,

I havent got back the results of my stool test as yet. I am waiting for it - I am going to call the GP on Wednesday to find out.

I hope to get the results and hopefully speak to him about getting some antibiotics. If I dont then I will just have to live. Nothing else I can do.

Drastic
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗